2dr stability on 37's? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
2dr stability on 37's?

Probably gonna be making the jump to 37's in the near future (probably gonna be KM2's so i realize they'll run a bit smaller). Currently on a 2.5" BB with 33's. Gonna be on a 3.5" synergy lift which will eventually become the stage 4 (long arm). Just curious, how stable are the 2drs on 37's? Especially during steep ascents/descents. I seem to do a lot of those out here in SoCal and they make me pucker a little lol. I'm hoping I won't loose too much stability going to 37's. Would it be worth it to go a little longer wheel base (maybe like 2") in the rear?? How hard would it be to do that??

07 X 2dr- 6spd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Rock God

I haven't noticed any loss of stability with the 37's. I used to run 33" duratracs on a 2" OME coil lift, now running 37" mtrks on the same lift with flat flares and am bumpstopped accordingly. I do a lot of hill / ledge climbs and descents where I wheel. If anything the 37's have made me more comfortable to drop down obstacles a the tires don't have to far as fall to make contact with the ground, if that makes any sense.

2008 X 2-door, 35" Duratacs, Clayton Long-arm, geared and locked

2012 Rubi 2-door, 37" Nittos, Method Beadlocks, JKS Suspension, JCR everything
post #3 of 11 Old 01-01-2012, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrJK View Post
I haven't noticed any loss of stability with the 37's. I used to run 33" duratracs on a 2" OME coil lift, now running 37" mtrks on the same lift with flat flares and am bumpstopped accordingly. I do a lot of hill / ledge climbs and descents where I wheel. If anything the 37's have made me more comfortable to drop down obstacles a the tires don't have to far as fall to make contact with the ground, if that makes any sense.
Cool. Well with the BB the suspension is essentially stock so going with the synergy suspension should make it 10x better anyways but idk how the CG and all that is going to be with the 37's. Seems like we do a lot of longer really steep ascents and descents and they make me pucker lol. I'm still kind of figuring out what the limits of my Jeep are in certain areas but I don't wanna cross the line if you know what I mean lol. And yeah, I know exactly what you mean by the bigger tires making it easier to drop off obstacles. It's more like driving up/down steep inclines where it may be like 100' or more to the top or bottom. And you kind of get that feeling that you're gonna nose over haha.

EDIT: I should add that I have PSC flat fenders as well. I want to try to keep as low of a CG as possible. Which is why I'm only doing a 3.5 lift.

07 X 2dr- 6spd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Topgun863; 01-01-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

On 37"s my rig is as stable as it was on 35"s. I just have a better view Even as many mods my JK has it rides about as good as it did stock. In some aspects its better.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #5 of 11 Old 01-02-2012, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
On 37"s my rig is as stable as it was on 35"s. I just have a better view Even as many mods my JK has it rides about as good as it did stock. In some aspects its better.
Good to know! I'm glad you guys are reporting that they're still stable. That has been one of my major concerns for going to 37's. It's one of those things you can't control unlike picking a line. If its steep it's steep and the stability of the jeep has a lot to do with it. I dont want to lose stability lol. Especially when my butt-o-meter doesn't like the feeling of nosing over LOL

07 X 2dr- 6spd

post #6 of 11 Old 01-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

....And I have 37"s KM2s just like you are planning on running. They will make rolling over large rocks and bumping up steps nice and easy.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #7 of 11 Old 01-02-2012, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
....And I have 37"s KM2s just like you are planning on running. They will make rolling over large rocks and bumping up steps nice and easy.
Awesome!

07 X 2dr- 6spd

post #8 of 11 Old 01-02-2012, 12:48 AM
JKO Addict!

This talk of 37's on a 2dr is making me jealous! Can't wait until my 35's die.

Greg
post #9 of 11 Old 01-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Wheeler

I used a Rough Country series 2 3.5" lift. Only other mod was wheel spacer and trimming the pinch welds. Rides like a champ, looks tough, and no loss of stability. I'm on 37" BFG A/T tires (sure, they don't look as cool as some beefy mud tires, but they come with a 60k mile tread warranty, and I didn't want to spend $2k on tires any more often than necessary)
post #10 of 11 Old 01-02-2012, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomb23 View Post
Lol I know how you feel. I've been looking at bigger tires for about 2 years (but I won a set of 33" Falken Wildpeaks in a raffle about a year and a half ago so I've been running those) I couldn't really justify getting new tires at that point when there were better ways I could spend my money and still be able to wheel on the 33's. But now I finally got the lift I wanted so it will be time to do the tires I want soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberwolfFXDL View Post
I used a Rough Country series 2 3.5" lift. Only other mod was wheel spacer and trimming the pinch welds. Rides like a champ, looks tough, and no loss of stability. I'm on 37" BFG A/T tires (sure, they don't look as cool as some beefy mud tires, but they come with a 60k mile tread warranty, and I didn't want to spend $2k on tires any more often than necessary)
Cool! Yeah, my Jeeps my DD and honestly I'd rather have MTR's as they're supposed to live a bit longer but since I get a pretty good deal on BFG's through work I'm just gonna go ahead and do the KM2's

07 X 2dr- 6spd

post #11 of 11 Old 01-02-2012, 03:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomb23 View Post
This

POISON SPYDER • ROCK KRAWLER • POLY • RCV • YUKON • AEV • TATTON • MBRP • TERAFLEX • BILSTEIN • JKS • RAMSEY • ROCK HARD • WURX • NEMESIS • SPOD • RIGID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode