Dynatrack D60 Axle Ordered - Suspension Questions? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-24-2011, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Dynatrack D60 Axle Ordered - Suspension Questions?

So I pulled the trigger on a Dynatrack Prorock 60 full floater for the back of my 2 dr. JK last Thursday!

Yesterday, I decided to cycle the rear suspension with the springs out to see what the compressed shock length is so I can figure out if I can raise my lower shock mounts. While cycling the suspension, I noticed my upper bumpstops do not line-up well with the lower bump pad extensions. At full stuff, only half the bumpstops hit the lower pads! Seems like the axle moves back quite a bit at full stuff, as I checked the wheelbase with the Jeep on the ground and came up with a shade over 96". I have an R.E. 4 1/2" long-arm suspension, and I figure that with the raised lower control arm pivots frame-side, the arc of the control arms pushes the rear axle back a lot more than I thought it would. I also found out that the suspension currently bottoms with the frameside trackbar bolt head hitting the bumpstop pad extension, and not the bumpstop itself, due to the rearward shift of the axle.

I actually think having the axle move back so far is going to be a good thing, since it gives me extra clearance in the front of the wheelwell to run bigger tires (I have a shorty rear bumper so clearance in back isn't an issue yet), so I would like to keep it as-is.

I would like to know if anyone makes an offset bumpstop pad for the axle? I'll talk to Dynatrac next week, but thought I'd ask here as well. I may also look into offset spring perches as well.

Any thoughts out there?

Merry Christmas y'all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Rock God

Ruffstuff specialties makes offset spring perches.

You need to do something custom with the bumpstops.

You will need to relocate the rear swaybar, axle side trackbar bracket, and move the hard brakelines above the frame.

Read my Trailmaster long arm write-up. I dealt with similar issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 12-24-2011, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by planman View Post
Ruffstuff specialties makes offset spring perches.

You need to do something custom with the bumpstops.

You will need to relocate the rear swaybar, axle side trackbar bracket, and move the hard brakelines above the frame.

Read my Trailmaster long arm write-up. I dealt with similar issues.
Thanks for the input Planman!

Your write-up is very thorough and informative. I saw where I might also have issues with the brake lines and swaybar links when cycling the suspension. I already have a relocated axle side trackbar bracket, but I might need to do something with the frame side trackbar bracket to get the trackbar sitting parallel with the axle. I think Co4lo has detailed a mod to shift the trackbar rearward at the frame, and that might work for me, but I'll still have to fab some offset bumpstop pad extensions to move them forward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Granite Guru

You might want to give the guys at MetalCloak a call [(916) 631-8071] and ask them about ther rear bumpstops...their shaped like a parallelogram specifically for that reason. They don't have them listed on their website, but you can see the back of one here in this pic...

http://www.metalcloak.com/PhotoDetai...oductCode=7020

Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode