C Gussets and / or sleeves with 35s? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-21-2009, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

C Gussets and / or sleeves with 35s?

Are C gussets and / or sleeves needed with 35" tires? I'm just about to install my lift and 35s and am wondering if this is something that I should do first. Is anybody with 35s having issues, or is it more with 37s or bigger? Is it the Cs or tubes bending, or both? I've read a lot of posts on different forums and some say that the Cs are the only thing you have to worry about and others say it's only the tubes. What's everybody here's opinion on this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-21-2009, 05:54 PM
JKO Addict!

I sleeved and gusseted mine. I bent the inner c with 35's so I figured while I had the axle apart doing the gears and gussets I might as well sleeve it. I will probably add a tube brace on the longer tube as well just for a little more insurance. I do beat on mine pretty good so if you don't you might should be ok with just the gussets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 5 Old 02-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

I also am doing mine. I run 35's also.

I think for the gussets it is more about how hard you drive your rig then the size of tire. I mean, obviously a 50" tire will be harder on it but I don't really think anything in the 30's and above are too "small" to justify doing it if you wheel a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-21-2009, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF_LOL View Post
I also am doing mine. I run 35's also.

I think for the gussets it is more about how hard you drive your rig then the size of tire. I mean, obviously a 50" tire will be harder on it but I don't really think anything in the 30's and above are too "small" to justify doing it if you wheel a lot

Are you doing it yourself, or having a shop in Denver do it? The only thing that's really stopping me from doing it is the fact that I've never touched a welder in my life, so I'd have to find a shop that could do it for me. Any recommendations? I've worked with Crawlertech in the past, they did a great job on my TJ.

Last edited by ScottK; 02-21-2009 at 06:32 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

well, I do not bash my way through rocks like body guy so I am skipping the sleeves for right now.

Actually, I would love to have sleeves but my main concern is gussets so I figure while I am doing the gussets I will do a truss as well. MAybe sleeves one day in the future

I wish I had the money for a welder! I don't though. so a pretty repetubale guy in Denver will be doing it for me one of these weekends soon.

If you like, I can ask him if he would be interested in doing yours as well. I am not sure of his rates though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode