tire insurance - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-11-2009, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

tire insurance

anyone get road hazzard tire inusrance and actually used it with no problems.

"Duca Brothers Customs"
2008 Rubicon, (Dana44s locked), 5" BDS adj. suspension lift, 2" BDS body lift, 15x10s, 37x14.50 15 toyo mt, custom painting, river raider bumper/highlift mount, Pioneer touch screen, custom system (3) 10s, hd reel driveshaft, Rock Krawler hd steering/tierod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

I got it from Discount tires on mine. HAve not had to use it on these tires yet though.

In the past I had it on some other tires and used it a few times. I never had an issue. They really have a no questions asked policy there. ONLY thing they look for is to see if it was intentional. If you have a screwdrive hole poked in the sidewall I heard they will not do it. however, you can drive in with a stick sticking out the sidewall and they will do it no problem. (don't ask me how I know that, lol). I have never been questioned myself when using it.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Wheeler

I have used mine before. had a tire replaced after i went to fast around a turn in a car i used to have and didnt quite make the turn.... shredded the inside facing sidewall on the outside of the curb. Took it in and 30 mins later had a new tire. Bought insurance on that one too. Well worth the money!!

ITS GONNA HAPPEN!!!! SOMEDAY......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-11-2009, 10:21 AM
JKO Addict!

It is actually the one thing worth buying from your local 4 Wheel Parts store. I have had 3 tires repaired and one replaced so far. Only cost to me has been about 25 bucks to transfer the warranty/insurance to the new tire.

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Rock God

Garage

Yup, I've used both discount tires and 4WP's warranties. I've never had an issue, heck, 4WP even offered a replacement if I had excessive chunking after a trip. (e.g. more than one lug removed completely vs. a handful just sheared halfway off.)

!c
post #6 of 6 Old 02-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Granite Guru

Did this a couple months ago... slashed the inside driver side of my KM2 and discount replaced it under warranty. Cost me like $47, I bought another warranty on the new tire plus tax.

-One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode