Hybrid lift - TF BB with PolyPerf 3" front springs - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 11-10-2007, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom
Hybrid lift - TF BB with PolyPerf 3" front springs

Well I went the common route and did the TF BB lift the week I got the Jeep, Couple of weeks later I added a Mopar bumper and a winch so then I was sitting nose down like Bubba-Joe's '84 camaro.
I thought about adding another 3/4" spacer but I figured I'd do it right and talked to GOAT1 about some PP front springs.
Ordered the 3" front springs from polyperformance, had a tracking number the SAME DAY. Those guys rock!
Put them in last night and everything looks great!
Rides great too.
If you want to upgrade your lift a piece at a time, seems like a great way to do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 11-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Rock God

pix? something? Im looking at doing a 2-2.5" lift when I get home and then getting a bumper/winch, wanna use springs & maybe LCA's & FTBRB's. Snap some photos!! Ive been looking at the HD TF 2.5 (same as LOL WTF) with some LCA's and 33"

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #3 of 17 Old 11-10-2007, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

sits pretty level and flexes pretty good
Attached Images

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 11-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Granite Guru

That's one sharp rubi!!!!!

07 Jeep Unlimited,Rescue Green,Hardtop,Auto,18" Pro Comp Wheels,Pro comp tires and 3" Black Diamond Lift
Red Rock Fab.Pre-runner winch bumper,Superwinch EPI9.0,KC lights
post #5 of 17 Old 11-12-2007, 06:17 AM
Rock God

Looking great man, nice and level and pretty flexy with those 32's. Looks like that TF BB with good springs up front is a great way to go.

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #6 of 17 Old 11-12-2007, 09:39 AM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRShiN View Post
maybe LCA's
Lowers without the uppers doesn't help you much. You can correct the pinion angle, but you'll find your axle is too far back. Obviously only 2-2.5" of lift it is not going to be as far back as with a 4", but you need the uppers also to dial the geometry in correctly in my view.
post #7 of 17 Old 11-12-2007, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

update with a couple of days of driving on this setup
it rides a LOT better than before!
the stock front springs just were not up to the added weight of the bumper and winch.
Besides looking kind of silly, the sag was all coming out of suspension travel so the front was bottoming quite a bit.
Handles better, rides better, looks better and flexes better.
Definitely worth it!

Quote:
post #8 of 17 Old 06-07-2008, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

more weird hybridness......
added rear PP 3" springs and ditched the TF rear spacers a couple of months ago, but with a stock crap plastic rear bumper and real front bumper/winch combo I was back to mega rake

I drove it for awhile since then to settle the rear springs but its still pretty slanted
sooooo since tires are going to have to come before a 'real' rear bumper to level it out and since I have 2 full sets of TF 2.5" spacers sitting around, I decided to put the front spacers back in with the springs.
If I can't sag the back, I'll lift the front a little more.
I have one side done and decided to come in a take a cooloff break before I go tackle the other side, but it looks like that's gonna level it right out.
I'll post pics when I'm done.

Last edited by venom; 06-07-2008 at 03:53 PM.
post #9 of 17 Old 06-07-2008, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Well here it is mutant hybrid lift....
Attached Images

Quote:
post #10 of 17 Old 06-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
Well here it is mutant hybrid lift....
So you ended up with 3" Springs front/back with 2.5 tera front spacer in the front? Total 5.5 inches front and 3 inches back? Looks almost level... Guess once you throw on a bigger spare and the rear bumper you can pull the front spacer but then you will lose some height.. But bigger tires will add some back.. Looks good.. Did you have to add trackbars or brackets to correct the axle? What about brake line extensions or control arms?

Lifted by
, JKS DC's, Skid Row Protected,
ProComp 7105, Kevlar MTR's,
Switchblade rear, Red Rock Fab stinger etc...

post #11 of 17 Old 06-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

nice looking rubi

NATE

post #12 of 17 Old 06-18-2008, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

according to the info coming from the suspension lift measurement thread, it looks like I'm about 5.5" front and 4.5" rear
What amazes me is that most of the 3.5"-4" lifts are about the same amount
as far as trackbars, I'm running a BDS frame side drop bracket in back and nothing up front.
Drives great on and off road, but I'll prob still add an adj track bar up front eventually.
Brake lines are also stock, with TF drop brackets in the back. At full droop, they get taut, but not dangerously so. The PP synergy shocks stop the droop before it puts too much stretch on things.
I'll do SS extended lines all the way around eventually too.
Also prob need to do front sway bar links at some point too, I'm running the stock rear links up front with longer rear links- per the TF BB kit, but at full droop they come too close to being bale to pop backwards for my liking.
I may just cut, sleeve and weld them to extend them or replace with adjustables. Haven't decided yet.
Overall, I'm very happy with the setup.
Performs great in the rocks and my dad who is pretty much against mods rode with me on fathers day and said he thought it rides better than stock on road.

Quote:
post #13 of 17 Old 06-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Rock God

Nice Venom... Looks like I'll be following your set up exactly. I have the Poly 2" Springs currently, but will be upgrading to the 3"... Glad you posted your set up and answered my questions.. With the 2" I sit at 24.5" back and 23.5" front. But I don't have a winch yet. I'll prob only need a 1" spacer to level the front out.. Looking good.. Did you put 35's on yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
according to the info coming from the suspension lift measurement thread, it looks like I'm about 5.5" front and 4.5" rear
What amazes me is that most of the 3.5"-4" lifts are about the same amount
as far as trackbars, I'm running a BDS frame side drop bracket in back and nothing up front.
Drives great on and off road, but I'll prob still add an adj track bar up front eventually.
Brake lines are also stock, with TF drop brackets in the back. At full droop, they get taut, but not dangerously so. The PP synergy shocks stop the droop before it puts too much stretch on things.
I'll do SS extended lines all the way around eventually too.
Also prob need to do front sway bar links at some point too, I'm running the stock rear links up front with longer rear links- per the TF BB kit, but at full droop they come too close to being bale to pop backwards for my liking.
I may just cut, sleeve and weld them to extend them or replace with adjustables. Haven't decided yet.
Overall, I'm very happy with the setup.
Performs great in the rocks and my dad who is pretty much against mods rode with me on fathers day and said he thought it rides better than stock on road.

Lifted by
, JKS DC's, Skid Row Protected,
ProComp 7105, Kevlar MTR's,
Switchblade rear, Red Rock Fab stinger etc...

post #14 of 17 Old 06-18-2008, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

glad I could help!
it's kind of a mutant hybrid evolving thing, but it works!
not on 35"s yet
actually I jammed a stick through one of the stock 32"s so I bought 1 35x12.50 mud grappler so far and trimmed the crappy rear bumper so I could carry it on the stock mount.
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2278
The others will come soon!

Quote:
post #15 of 17 Old 10-21-2008, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

The funktacious hybrid continues to mutate...
more parts on the way from teraflex, polyperformance, fox, rock hard, aev, rugged ridge and more

As always TrailDuty Rocks!

Thanks Phil!!

Quote:
post #16 of 17 Old 10-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Rock God

Garage

Just teasing us a little eh? What parts ya got coming? What is the expected final hybrid build this time?

post #17 of 17 Old 10-21-2008, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Phil's supplying the bulk of the goodies - thanks man!

I'm at UPS's mercy right now and I have no patience

I'll post up as the swag rolls in, until then - yup I'm tease

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode