D44 Question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-20-2011, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

D44 Question

If I wanted to put a D44 up front on my 07 JKU I realize the easiest thing would be to find an 07-10 D44 rubi front end but would an earlier D44 from say an 01-06 fit with no modifications? If there are mods/things to change or move what would they be and do you think its worth the hassle.

Im asking because I really want to replace my worn out D30 and Ive found several D44's for sale at local parts yards but all of them are from 01-05 TJ's. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Rock God

Jk axels are bigger I don't think it would just mount up.

But

You can probably make anything work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Maybe they just corrected your ridiculous mistake. Who the fuck orders chrome anything?
post #3 of 8 Old 06-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Rock God

diff mounts/lockers/bolt pattern, and more important its too narrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Granite Guru

I'm in the parts business and have a few "eyes" on the street looking for me in some bone yards. JK's period are hard to find and haven't had my junkyard buddy spy a Rubi yet. Not looking good so far. Im assuming a Rubi 44 will bolt up as well with alittle modding.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

The JK Rubi D44 will bolt right in. The only thing you need to figure out is hooking up the E-locker. There are some write ups about that in the write up section.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 06-20-2011 at 08:59 PM.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-20-2011, 09:02 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Talk to 2k2Wrangler on here. He's got a couple of D44s that he's looking to get rid of.

Marcus

post #7 of 8 Old 06-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Rock God

you could always just buy a housing from Jeep, ships with brackets welded, then just buy the internals aftermarket...last housing we got was a rear that cost $900, front's more $$...always a last resort, good luck on you junk yard hunt, stick with a JK axle though

Like us on

post #8 of 8 Old 06-21-2011, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks Marcus I will do that! And thanks to everyone else that reply'd. This has helped me a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode