Rear Bumper Help. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rear Bumper Help.

Hey Guys, I love the Poisen Spider BFH setup but im not to sure if I want to cut the frame up just yet. Has anyone ran the Olimpic Rear rock bumper? Does anyone have any other ideas? My Jeep is a light 2 door. I'm looking for just a simple rear bumper. I don't need a tire carrier option although I would like some recovery points. I'm currently running with out the rear plastic bumper cover and love the ground clearance and good departure angles I can achieve. Thanks -Matt

http://www.olympic4x4products.com/fi...74_web-500.jpg

Commando Green 2d, rear stretch on 37's

Last edited by RockLover; 06-20-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Rock God

The general consensus here is stay away from olympic product from what I have read.

I might recommend rock krawlers frame cap bumper

Or

Get done evo d link frame caps

If you don't mind losing your hitch then I would just go bfh. I mean its not like you need the extra 4" of frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Maybe they just corrected your ridiculous mistake. Who the fuck orders chrome anything?
post #3 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

If you don't want to cut the frame, Poison Spyder also has their Rockbrawler reap bumper available without the tire carrier.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

PS products are superb but the above comment is unfair - Olympic bumpers are hard to beat from a price-strength perspective. Sure, for more $$$ you'll get more steel and/or more features.

I have Olympic's front rock bumper and it is very stout. I cannot comment on their rear rock bumper, and presume it is similarly built. If you dont need a rear carrier it's a good choice.

If you have a rear hitch then add a D-Ring Shackle (http://www.quadratec.com/products/92144_101.htm) and you'll have a recovery point.

Pls VOTE for kid's Lego Jeep JK @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35s on 7105 17x9, 2.5" TF coil lift, AEV snorkel, Warrior steel Fenders, Lightforce spots, Rigid 12" Lightbar in hood scoop, Skids & side Armor, Katzkin Leather, Ravelco, Duster, Trunk Lockbox & Cargo Tray. >> FRONT Olympic Rock + Stinger + Ares winch plate + Warn 9.5. >> REAR Expedition One carrier + 53" Hi-Lift.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Wheeler

Be honest with yourself. You know you want the BFH. My buddy just went through this line of questioning for the last year. In our research we found these items to consider:
1. Cutting the frame. Not that big of a deal because you can weld it back on (as long as you keep the pieces).
2. If it's the first bumper you like go with it. reason being if you don't it will take FOREVER to decide on another choice and it won't as awesome.
3. If departure angle you desire than stick with it and there aren't IMHO any other bumpers that come close.
4. And final. The price is awesome even with the recent rate increase and very worth it.

No info on olimpic never heard of them.

Sent via the iPhone interwebs

When i see the flag i think we the people not you the goverment.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-21-2011, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for all of the good info guys I really apreciate it! I have allways been a big fan of the PS stuff. I think everyone is right in the fact that if I go with anything else I would just be settling for something. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other bumper that I may have been missing. Thanks again!

Commando Green 2d, rear stretch on 37's
post #7 of 10 Old 06-21-2011, 09:13 AM
JKowners Vendor

Yes, it is hard to beat the PSC "BFH" on this one. Like it was said, you can always weld it back on there! So, if that is what you want, go for it!! Let us know if we can help...

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #8 of 10 Old 06-21-2011, 09:52 AM
RIP Brad

Garage

The whole Olympic thing is bullshit. If you like their products, but them. As stated above, their shit is thick and strong (how many use 1/4" plate any longer? The crowd and metal is getting thin). As for never hearing of them... this must be your first Jeep, while they might not have a big name in the JK market (read: on these forums), they are huge and have been in business longer than any other 4x4 manufacture that I know of. It all comes down to what you visually like, what will suit your purpose, and what you can afford.

As for the BFH. It is a nice bumper, but if you get one, make sure you fortify it or you will have problems.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Wheeler

Man can't imagine that there is someone out there that doesn't know every 4x4 manufacturer out there. No need to strengthen the BFH it's good to go from PSC.

Sent via the iPhone interwebs

When i see the flag i think we the people not you the goverment.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-21-2011, 08:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
The whole Olympic thing is bullshit. If you like their products, but them. As stated above, their shit is thick and strong (how many use 1/4" plate any longer? The crowd and metal is getting thin). As for never hearing of them... this must be your first Jeep, while they might not have a big name in the JK market (read: on these forums), they are huge and have been in business longer than any other 4x4 manufacture that I know of. It all comes down to what you visually like, what will suit your purpose, and what you can afford.

As for the BFH. It is a nice bumper, but if you get one, make sure you fortify it or you will have problems.
Wow, go jerk off or something. Just because a guy hasn't heard of a company is no reason to jump in his shit.

Also, Olympic can lick a dick. Search for them on this site, and you'll see why.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode