Does anyone make a programmer for the 2011? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 06-18-2011, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone make a programmer for the 2011?

Looking at buying a new 2011 Wrangler Unlimited Sport. I'm going to put 35's on it right away with a lift. I know I need to reprogram to get the speedo and tranny to shift right with the 35's. Does anyone make a programmer for the 2011 yet? I'm told Superchips does not have one yet. Any advice on brand?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 06-19-2011, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightywhitey View Post
Looking at buying a new 2011 Wrangler Unlimited Sport. I'm going to put 35's on it right away with a lift. I know I need to reprogram to get the speedo and tranny to shift right with the 35's. Does anyone make a programmer for the 2011 yet? I'm told Superchips does not have one yet. Any advice on brand?
Wow...really? No responses? Someone has to make one right??
post #3 of 28 Old 06-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Wheeler

Subscribed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 06-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Granite Guru

I don't believe anyone has on out yet.
post #5 of 28 Old 06-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Rock God

thats a negative

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 28 Old 06-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Wheeler

I have a 2011 and a AEV ProCal, I only used it to dial down the TPMS (and it worked). I just put in 5.13s and 35s so I'll try it out in the next couple of days and let you know.

2011 2dr Rubicon, Auto, 3.5 AEV Premium, PS Brawler Lite bumper and skid and Evap skid, 35" KM2s, Raceline Monster Beadlock, 5.13 gears, Trailgater, Expedition One Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier, ACE Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant, ORW trans cooler
post #7 of 28 Old 06-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

post #8 of 28 Old 06-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Wheeler

It appears that there were some issues but some owners have had success......stay tuned.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/2...-work-1143504/

2011 2dr Rubicon, Auto, 3.5 AEV Premium, PS Brawler Lite bumper and skid and Evap skid, 35" KM2s, Raceline Monster Beadlock, 5.13 gears, Trailgater, Expedition One Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier, ACE Rock Sliders, Warn Power Plant, ORW trans cooler
post #9 of 28 Old 06-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankcj View Post
It appears that there were some issues but some owners have had success......stay tuned.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/2...-work-1143504/
That was user error with the ProCal. They do work on the 2011's.

However, I'm not sure how far out the Superchips/ Hypertech/ etc are. To date, there are none available to the public that I have seen.

2016 JKU
post #10 of 28 Old 06-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Granite Guru

Part# 752001 will correct speedo for the 2011 but no engine options. The unit can be updated to full Max Energy once the engine tuning is released. If you purchase a lifted brand new 2011 JK make sure they give you the speedo calibrator #752001 before you leave. Its currently the only way to correct speedo on the 2011 JK.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tech Support Contact:
901-382-8888 Phone
901-373-5290 Fax

post #11 of 28 Old 06-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypertech View Post
Part# 752001 will correct speedo for the 2011 but no engine options. The unit can be updated to full Max Energy once the engine tuning is released. If you purchase a lifted brand new 2011 JK make sure they give you the speedo calibrator #752001 before you leave. Its currently the only way to correct speedo on the 2011 JK.
THANK YOU! I have had requests and now know how to answer them.

2016 JKU
post #12 of 28 Old 06-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Granite Guru

release date - September 29, 2010
version 70.16.15.71
part# 752001 corrects speedo and gearing for all JK models

Speedo correction is always released ASAP for new model years. DLR and conversion companies of new lifted vehicles depend on it. They can't start selling the vehicles lifted until the speedo is correct.

Tech Support Contact:
901-382-8888 Phone
901-373-5290 Fax

post #13 of 28 Old 06-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Granite Guru

I took my 2011 to the dealer, and even they could not calibrate it completely. They could adjust tire size, but couldn't adjust gear ratio for some reason.
post #14 of 28 Old 06-22-2011, 08:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej21 View Post
I took my 2011 to the dealer, and even they could not calibrate it completely. They could adjust tire size, but couldn't adjust gear ratio for some reason.
Gear ratio isnt a factor in the JK computer according to Diablo.

The tone rings are after the gears so any change in gears will automatically be accounted for by the tone rings assuming the tire size is correct.
post #15 of 28 Old 06-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Gear ratio isnt a factor in the JK computer according to Diablo.

The tone rings are after the gears so any change in gears will automatically be accounted for by the tone rings assuming the tire size is correct.
AEV's website says "Axle gear ratio recalibration (Resets automatic transmission shift points to maximize the benefits of an axle gear ratio change)" . So is it different for an auto vs stick?...it seems like it shouldn't matter what the tranny is if the tone rings are utilized but aren't they just for the ABS?

post #16 of 28 Old 06-22-2011, 04:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankcj View Post
AEV's website says "Axle gear ratio recalibration (Resets automatic transmission shift points to maximize the benefits of an axle gear ratio change)" . So is it different for an auto vs stick?...it seems like it shouldn't matter what the tranny is if the tone rings are utilized but aren't they just for the ABS?
No the reading from the tone rings is for EVERYTHING
post #17 of 28 Old 06-22-2011, 06:12 PM
JKowners Vendor

I use AEV ProCals. Just used one on our new 2011. Works great! I love the Euro lights setting that freaks people out when you turn your turn signal on and the one running light goes out. And I love no TPMS light. And I love the RPM control for winch use. And...and...and...

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #18 of 28 Old 06-24-2011, 12:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Diablosport

Both Diablosport and Superchip will have the 2011 tunes avail. in prob the next 3 months. No offense to Hypertech as I saw they posted on this thread too but I have found that Diablo and Super have the most effective and quality tunes on the market and after owning both and have used procal and hypertech I will say that the Diablo Trinity gives you the most options, quality, speed, multi car use and upgradability.

I am currently have my Diablosport Trinity that I have been waiting on the 2011 tune for and the RIPP update for so I can finally get the Supercharger out of the closet and into my JK!!

post #19 of 28 Old 06-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'sjk View Post
Both Diablosport and Superchip will have the 2011 tunes avail. in prob the next 3 months. No offense to Hypertech as I saw they posted on this thread too but I have found that Diablo and Super have the most effective and quality tunes on the market and after owning both and have used procal and hypertech I will say that the Diablo Trinity gives you the most options, quality, speed, multi car use and upgradability.

I am currently have my Diablosport Trinity that I have been waiting on the 2011 tune for and the RIPP update for so I can finally get the Supercharger out of the closet and into my JK!!

No offense, I was just answering the OP's question. The three months promise has repeated itself every Jk model to date.
The bottom line is you are speaking for a brand and product and the options that may or may not exist on 2011 JK.

Hypertech sells every new programmer with a 30 day money back guarantee as long as the vehicle is returned to stock.

Hypertech # 752001 corrects speedo on all 2007- 2011 Jk models

Tech Support Contact:
901-382-8888 Phone
901-373-5290 Fax

post #20 of 28 Old 06-24-2011, 03:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
No offense, I was just answering the OP's question. The three months promise has repeated itself every Jk model to date.
The bottom line is you are speaking for a brand and product and the options that may or may not exist on 2011 JK.

Hypertech sells every new programmer with a 30 day money back guarantee as long as the vehicle is returned to stock.

Hypertech # 752001 corrects speedo on all 2007- 2011 Jk models
All features currently available with the DiabloSport programming and SuperChips for the 07-10 will be there for the 2011 I have talked with both companies and actually. Diablo is promising to be first to market for a full capable programmer for 2011'sthe including locker engagememt and throttle adjustble capability.

They are even going as far to help make sure i am the first supercharged 2011 thanks to their work with RIPP Superchargers.

You could be right with the timeframe issue but from what I know the 2011's have given programmers an extreme amout of difficulty hence the time delay.

post #21 of 28 Old 06-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Granite Guru

You could be right with the timeframe issue but from what I know the 2011's have given programmers an extreme amout of difficulty hence the time delay.[/QUOTE]

To date Hypertech has been the first to market on every Jk model year.

I just don't get how a company can estimate how long reverse engineering will take.The company literally has nothing until you crack the security files and access points. If this portion of the reverse engineering was done the company would have the full release maybe a week or two later not three months.

one engineer can work 40 hours a week @ 3 months = 480 hours and still have nothing if he can't hack it.

Tech Support Contact:
901-382-8888 Phone
901-373-5290 Fax

post #22 of 28 Old 07-12-2011, 08:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Well I just spoke with Diablosport today the status is that the tunes are done but there are some protocol issues with some of the additional features like tire pressure, throttle control, lockers, and customizing engine parameters outside of pre-done tunes.

post #23 of 28 Old 07-12-2011, 08:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
To date Hypertech has been the first to market on every Jk model year.

I just don't get how a company can estimate how long reverse engineering will take.The company literally has nothing until you crack the security files and access points. If this portion of the reverse engineering was done the company would have the full release maybe a week or two later not three months.

one engineer can work 40 hours a week @ 3 months = 480 hours and still have nothing if he can't hack it.
I am not sure about who has been first to market model years previously or if you are first to market many of the other supported cars.

I am by no means certified in programming but I know that jeep has thrown everyone for a loop with the changes they made for the 2011 year.

I did notice the only thing you guys have for 2011 is gear ratio change and tire size and though that may put you first to market for those offerings the race is on for a full featured programmer

Last edited by d'sjk; 07-12-2011 at 08:19 PM.
post #24 of 28 Old 10-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Wheeler

So...still waiting!! Does ANYONE besides AEV make a tuner for the 2011 yet??
post #25 of 28 Old 10-31-2011, 11:44 PM
j5
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacemaker View Post
So...still waiting!! Does ANYONE besides AEV make a tuner for the 2011 yet??
Go buy a Burnsville JK 2011 or 2012 VVT hemi. They'll change the speedo, eliminate the TPMS and give you plenty more power without a code and with all features working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode