What size 35" tires - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-17-2011, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

What size 35" tires

Sounds easy, but here is the deal:

Stock Rubicon 17" wheels (will use 1.5" spacers)

I think a 35 x 12.50 x 17 will be too wide for the stock wheel. What exact size are others who use the stock wheels running?

I actually prefer a LOW load rating with a softer sidewall, since I run only on the street and in the dunes. Dunes need a nice soft sidewall, with a good ride, and lots of sidewall flex at low pressures. In the past trying to run an E load rated tire, or even a D they were just too stiff. Open to suggestions.

07 Rubicon Unlimited - Teraflex 3" prerunner lift, 35's, 5.7 Hemi using AEV kit, Teraflex CRD60 rear with 5:13 gears all around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Rock God

i think just about every JK owner on here has run 35 12.50 tires on the stock rims at some point on their road to bigger and better wheel/tire combo's.

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited Rescue Green NSG370
RK 3.5 X Factor mid arm
37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
PSC BFH trail stinger
PSC narrow fenders

A lot more to come very soon!
post #3 of 7 Old 06-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Wheeler

I run 35X12.50 MTKs (load range C) on my stock 17s with some 1.5 spacers and 1 in body lift with no issues. I am looking to change R&Ps as these cause my automatic trans to bounce in and out of OD.

Last edited by GI_Wrench; 06-17-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-17-2011, 12:42 PM
JKO Addict!

A 12.5 is not too wide.
/thread

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #5 of 7 Old 06-17-2011, 12:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
A 12.5 is not too wide.
/thread
x2 ive seen a 13.50 run on stock rubi's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #6 of 7 Old 06-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Rock God

according to all manufactures they are looking for 8.5" wide for a 12.5" 17" wheel. if your going to do it then the more sidewall you have the better it is. but again this is against the manufactures recommendation. how will it matter? tire wear is a possible issure as it will pull too much on the sidewalls and make outer tread to naturally curl up. other issue is side wall stability and handling on highway. it is not going to be a huge deal but you may only notice it if you try the same vehicle and swapping in wheels with same make model of tire. other tires may also be more affected by being squeezed onto a narrow rim vs other make and model tires. offroad should be really no issue being aired down.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Granite Guru

Don't forget, insurance companies will use any excuse to deny a claim. Not always but...just sayin'

Always follow a great leader. In the absence of a great leader, BE ONE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode