ESP/BAS and Traction light staying on.... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-11-2011, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
ADDICTION II build begins....

ESP/BAS and Traction light staying on....

Before anyone says anything, YES I DID A SEARCH FOR AN A PREVIOUS POST.

I changed out the track bar and also put in a hi-steer kit back in February....the last 3 weeks my ESP/ABS and traction lights are coming on and staying on. I also did the ignition trick to get an error code.....NO CODE errors. I have also crawled under the Jeep from front to back to see if anything was in a bind or broken.

I also googled the internet and the only thing I can find is saying a 5% degree off center or more for the steering is the cause. Mine is a "little" off-center, but no biggee....and should have come on right away if that was it, but didn't come on for 2 months after the changeout.

Does anyone agree wit this? If not, any suggestions?

U.S. Army
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-11-2011, 11:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
I fought that for a while

Just a little off can cause your issue. I finely replaced the clock spring in my 08 and fixed my problem.

The Project is moving forward.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Rock God

ya what he said. just a quarter of an inch throws mine off.

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

I had the same thing going on with my 09 and it turned put to be a bad tone ring in the front.

homebuilt JK - blood, sweat, lemonade. renamed LOOSE NUTS
post #5 of 7 Old 06-11-2011, 08:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

it takes like 2 minutes and a 15mm wrench to center your steering, why not give it a shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Coonasian

Garage

I thought i had heard that was an easy adjustment and fix! Thanks for the confirmation, Venom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
post #7 of 7 Old 06-11-2011, 08:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

grab your 15mm wrench, goto an empty parking lot
drive forward slowly until you are sure the jeep is going straight - ignore the steering wheel
stop slowly, shut it down and make sure you don't bump the wheel getting out
locate your drag link - goes from the steering box pitman arm mounted to the frame down to the passenger side knuckle - there will be a pinch collar on it with 2x 15mm bolts going through it - loosen them and turn the collar, you are lengthening or shortening the drag link and the steering wheel will be turning
its easiest if you have another person to watch the wheel and tell you if you are going the right way and when to stop.

snug those 15mm's back down and you're done!

alternately if you have a pro-cal, you can cheat and tell the computer that wherever the wheel is is centered and be done with it - just have to live with a crooked steering wheel, but the ESP will think its straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode