Coverkings reviewed - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Coverkings reviewed

I installed Coverking seat covers a month ago. I love how they fit and look, but I am not loving them lately. It has been 100 degrees for a few days straight and the neoprene makes my back ridiculously hot. Within a few minutes, the back of my shirt is drenched. Even with a towel over the seat back, I can feel the heat. They seem to be fine as long the temperature is 80 or so.

2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Deep Water Blue,Freedom Hard Top,Bedlined Wheels,Coverkings,Smittybilt tube bumpers,Rigid Floods, Rough Country 2.5"BB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 05:56 AM
Wheeler

Spiderweb shade FTW!!!

http://www.spiderwebshade.com/products/

I'm Awesome Bill from Dawsonville!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I have a bikini top, so that is not the issue. Neoprene is such a good insulator that it just cooks you.

2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Deep Water Blue,Freedom Hard Top,Bedlined Wheels,Coverkings,Smittybilt tube bumpers,Rigid Floods, Rough Country 2.5"BB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Granite Guru

Half of my seat cover order came in today (front), fed ex shows both boxes being delivered, but only received one box They look great so far.

2010 Sahara Unlimited & a 1998 TJ - See my You Tube channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Rock God

First seat covers I had. They were great until they faded about 2 years later.

My JKO BLACK WIDOW BUILD THREAD:

Big Thanks to Jason at

In process: One TONS, 44" Tires, Comp CUT,
Strertched, Hydro Assist, TF 6" LA,
Chromoly TR Beadlocks,
Katskins, and more!
post #6 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Rock God

Iggee

http://www.iggee.com/shop.cart?action=CAT&ccode=JEP001

post #7 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 10:38 AM
TrailDuty.com

I hear you can get a better deal on Iggee's here

http://www.trailduty.com/advanced_se...gee+jk&x=0&y=0

I have black Iggee covers and even in 100F heat they are bearable. Super easy to clean, hard wearing, will not let water through, and fit well, although they do take a minute or two to install properly.
post #8 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post

I have black Iggee covers and even in 100F heat they are bearable. Super easy to clean, hard wearing, will not let water through, and fit well, although they do take a minute or two to install properly.
Thats 100% true! Before my Katskinz, I had Iggees and loved them. Trailduty was great to work with and got them to me in no time w/o any hassels.

Big Thanks to Jason at

Chromoly TR Beadlocks,
Katskins, and more!
post #9 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
Iggee
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK RUBI ON 40s View Post
Thats 100% true! Before my Katskinz, I had Iggees and loved them. Trailduty was great to work with and got them to me in no time w/o any hassels.

I've been thinking about these! How have they held up for you guys & what do you/don't you like about them?

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #10 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 11:09 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I love my Coverkings.

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #11 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 11:17 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

That is interesting on the Coverkings.

I have them in our unlimited and it has been 90* + here with high, high humidity and I haven't noticed them being warm at all. Actually they are always cool to the touch when I get in the Jeep.

I even took the insulation off the hard top to make sure I was getting real world results.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just mentioning it for comparison value.

I think I'm going to try the Iggee ones on my two door for a direct comparison.

Marcus

post #12 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 11:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

To me the Coverkings stay the same temp the seats used to be. When its 100 degrees out and you sit on the stock seats, your backs going to be damn sweaty. With the coverkings on, i dont see myself sweating anymore than usual, and I'd say it could be even less. Besides that, i like the extra cushioning of the covers.

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #13 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Rock God

Quote:

SORRY PHIL! What was I thinkin'!

There is NO better place to get them than from PHIL!

(Phil is such a good guy, that when he discovered a vendor shipped my item shipped my item, he tried to give it to me free! No way Phil!)

post #14 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 12:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

It is the dog days like these that I wish I could take the cooled seats from the Grand Cherokee and put them in my Rubicon.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #15 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 12:45 PM
JKO Addict!

My Coverkings give me a nice case of swamp ass when it's hot out also - especially when wheeling at crawl speeds. I figure pretty much everything would give me swamp ass at that point.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #16 of 18 Old 06-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Defector View Post
My Coverkings give me a nice case of swamp ass when it's hot out also - especially when wheeling at crawl speeds. I figure pretty much everything would give me swamp ass at that point.
This is true. Mine did the same thing, but nothing different from the iggees, katskinz and even stock covers Ive had before.

Big Thanks to Jason at

Chromoly TR Beadlocks,
Katskins, and more!
post #17 of 18 Old 06-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Granite Guru

Why do you guys not use cotton canvas for seat covers? Brilliant stuff.

ex: RHD JK 2dr CRD auto
now: RHD JK 2dr Rubicon 3.8 6spd
post #18 of 18 Old 06-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

I just ordered a set of Iggees for my jeep this past weekend through trail duty!

2007 JK Unlimited Sahara, Blacked Out
3.5 inch lift sitting on 35's
Poly Performance/Synergy Suspension Ball Joints
Smittybilt Oversized Tire Carrier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode