JKOwners Forum banner

RiverRaider Snorkel, who's got it?

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  KrawlOff-Road.com 
#1 ·
Hey guys, looking into snorkel set up. By the look I am used to the Safari snorkel and closest I found to my liking is the River Raider (not hammer one).
I know Safari makes JK snorkel too, but I don't like how its sleeve/neck goes in the wheel well before entering hood area.

Do you have pictures of how RR snorkel enters the hood area? Was it hard to install?

Overall what do you like or dislike about this snorkel?

#4 ·
You should check out the RROR website. They also have a HMMV style snork that goes in through the cowl by the windshield.

That being said, although I really like the concept, I still have concerns about the stability/rigidity on it when the extension is used. The design doesnt really move the breather point that much higher without a stovepipe extension that leaves me wondering how long it would stay in place on tight trails.

Just my $.02

LMFAO. Just realized the HAMMER one you mentioned was prolly the HUMMER one.

#7 · (Edited)
I love River Raiders stuff as I have there skid plates but that said my AEV has taken 2 really hard hits and didn't break yet. I pushed the pre filter a few inches in and bent the center stud pretty bad and it all bent back and went together with no problem. I couldn't believe it didn't crack or explode with the force. When its tightened down its impossible to move but that housing and the tubing held up really well for the damage that it took. I love the look of the RR snorkel but would rather the added benefit of the pre filter. If your making a list and dont have it yet the River Raider skid plates should be a must have for anyone that wheels there jeep. For the price and piece of mind armor is the best mod you can do.

#9 ·
I went with the expedition snorkel from RROR. Out here we have a lot of branches and I am concerned how a safari snorkel would stand up to the constant hits. I know they are well built and not putting them down, but the cowl is less exposed, and gets some protection from my hi lift. So I went with the expediton snorkel for peace of mind.

#12 ·
Yes the offer a hard line option. You have modify the factory air box. The intake runs from top to bottom. And the intake is on the right. I'll get more pics when it's bright out.

Sent with braille ..:.•

#15 ·
Hope these are what your looking for. Sorry if there small. I uploaded using my phone and it was either huge or small lol

Sent with braille ::..:..

Attachments

#17 ·
It was very easy to install. Came with everything I needed. Took prob 4 hrs including clean up. I bed lined it myself and let it sit for 2 days before I installed

Sent with braille ::..:..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.