Rugged Ridge Flat Flares Owners...Please Post!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-08-2011, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rugged Ridge Flat Flares Owners...Please Post!!

This is a call for those of you who have the Rugged Ridge Flat Fenders Flares. Please post your opinion about the flares and more important, please post some pictures.

I haven't got any luck searching for pictures and reviews on the internet. The photos on the Rugged Ridge page don't show or say much.

In a forum (I donít remember which forum) a person posted a negative comment, complaining that the flares flop while driving on the highway. The only reply he got from rugged ridges was them asking for him to send a PM.

Thank you ahead of time for your input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Granite Guru

I don't have them, but they look just like cut flares. Why not just cut them on your own and save the $$? I like my bushwackers and they look alot better than the Rugged ridge, in my opinion.

Mike
USCG 04-Present
Just another JK on 35's
post #3 of 9 Old 06-09-2011, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thank you for your reply. Before I saw the Rugged Ridge, I was thinking about the Bushwackers. But I am not to crazy about the front angle cut on the Bushacker. And to answer your question, the reazon I don't cut mine is because I've been told that the Rugged Ridge type are stronger. I've never seen them. That's why I've posted this thread to get other people opinions.

I started the thread a couple days ago and you're the only one who has replied. Which leads to believe that they aren't that many people there with Rugged Ridge. If I don't hear from anyone, I will probably do what you did and buy the Bushwacker.

Thank you once again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-09-2011, 11:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrongo View Post
Thank you for your reply. Before I saw the Rugged Ridge, I was thinking about the Bushwackers. But I am not to crazy about the front angle cut on the Bushacker. And to answer your question, the reazon I don't cut mine is because I've been told that the Rugged Ridge type are stronger. I've never seen them. That's why I've posted this thread to get other people opinions.

I started the thread a couple days ago and you're the only one who has replied. Which leads to believe that they aren't that many people there with Rugged Ridge. If I don't hear from anyone, I will probably do what you did and buy the Bushwacker.

Thank you once again!
Yeah, I haven't seen too many people with those flares and really didn't even know they existed until I saw this post Most here (myself included) are going to be of the opinion that if moving away from stock or cut fenders, you may as well spend the money on something that is more structurally sound and is going to help protect the vehicle. Bushwackers aren't going to give you anything except improved aesthetics. That's a lot of money spent on looks alone IMO.

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #5 of 9 Old 06-10-2011, 01:50 AM
Granite Guru

I have these on mine and for the price they are a good option. Yes they are cheap and flap a little on the highway, but for under $300 what do you expect. All of the aluminum and steel versions are going to cost you $1000 plus.

2011 4DR Rubi
rugged ridge fenders
38" KM2's on Pro Comp wheels
5.38 gears, Frt and Rear Ten Factory Axle shafts
2.5 RK Max Travel w/ Bilsten 5160's & 1.25 in body lift
c gussets, G2 Diff covers, & Poly Ball Joints
Metal Cloak stinger frt bpr w/ warn winch
Road Armor Rr Bpr

Going on soon!!
PSC Rocker Knockers
line-x tub

2005 Power Wagon on 35's
35" KM2's, XD Rockstar wheels, Tiregate, 2" lift, Frt lightbar
post #6 of 9 Old 06-11-2011, 01:17 AM
Granite Guru

Agreed....cut the stock fenders. You can always spend the money afterward if you don't like the results. I cut mine but I also cut the supports on the front so that I could still use them. Very little flap at highway speeds and still moderately sturdy. I can still set just about anything on the fender if I want. If you want it stronger, go with the higher end flares. If you want it to just look better, go with RR. If you want a middle ground...for about $15...cut them.

Always follow a great leader. In the absence of a great leader, BE ONE.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-11-2011, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by diver_matt View Post
Agreed....cut the stock fenders. You can always spend the money afterward if you don't like the results. I cut mine but I also cut the supports on the front so that I could still use them. Very little flap at highway speeds and still moderately sturdy. I can still set just about anything on the fender if I want. If you want it stronger, go with the higher end flares. If you want it to just look better, go with RR. If you want a middle ground...for about $15...cut them.
Thank you very much for your reply. I am doing for looks. After seing a few photos on another site, I'm sold on the RR, plus I'm afraid to cut the stock one and ruin them. I think I rather sell them and put the money towards the RR.

By the way, do you have photos of your cut ones?

Again, thank you very much for your input.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Granite Guru

Resurrection!

Anyone have any pictures of these rugged ridge flats?
post #9 of 9 Old 03-11-2012, 04:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

They suck, don't get em. One hit on the trail and I broke one of mine. Flaps like a mofo on the highway too. I ditched mine after 4 months. Couldn't stand them.

Smittybilt makes metal flares for $270 shipped on amazon. A much better option. I have them now and love them.

My two cents based on actual experience.

Jeeping: The art of getting dirty and going broke while slowly heading nowhere, and taking all day to do it
2011 JK Sport. Detonator Yellow. RC 3.5 Series 2 lift, 35 inch BFG TA K/O's, RC front winch plate and Smitty XRC8 winch, bedlined tub, 5.13's, Aussie front, Truetrac rear, Teraflex Speedbumps... and NO STICKERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode