Coilovers (on the road) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 06-08-2011, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Coilovers (on the road)

I'm interested in a coilover conversion for my front axle. This JK is my daily driver (1150mi/month) For those of you that have done this, what's the ride like on the road?

Better or worse than standard coils and shocks? I'm not overly concerned, but I'm curious.

Thanks,

Mike 2010 Rubicon 2DR | RK 3.5 X FACTOR MID ARM | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 06-08-2011, 03:02 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiZealot View Post
I'm interested in a coilover conversion for my front axle. This JK is my daily driver (1150mi/month) For those of you that have done this, what's the ride like on the road?

Better or worse than standard coils and shocks? I'm not overly concerned, but I'm curious.

Thanks,
Better. Honest opinion. http://www.rebeloffroad.com/category_s/115.htm

Why?
King sat down with us and we discussed the Jeep JK. We knew it just wasn't an issue of weight, but an issue of valving. All coil overs that we sell have proprietary characteristics built into the shock. Not all coil overs are built the same, and ours are certainly unique. Spring rate depends on weight - for example customers with Hemi's get different springs than non-Hemi's.

The ride quality, ride height adjustment, durability is unmatched. While I'd never knock spring and shock combos - there is nothing like riding on coilovers.

Our RECON conversion is a bolt in system using brackets that can be installed using tools found in most garages. No welding required. In fact, because no permanent mods are required to the vehicle, you can sell the Jeep and keep the entire system for a future build.

We have customers running our RECON system with everything from stock control arms to long travel systems. All systems come powdercoated black with your choice of King's blue color or our custom RECON EDITION black hardware for the coilovers. Grade 8 hardware and full color instructions included.

Please don't hesitate to call if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Bond

post #3 of 17 Old 06-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Granite Guru

i recently put mine front ones on 2 weeks ago and waiting to do my rears. they ride great and handle bumps extremly well. for me, i feel it is only a little better ride than my rock krawler 3.5 springs and 5100s. the only reason i did coil overs is becouse i got a amazing deal. i paid $800 for 4 coil over and bump stops brand new. me personaly i could not justify the 4 grand and anther grand for mounting brackets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 06-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Better.

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #5 of 17 Old 06-08-2011, 09:59 PM
JKO Addict!

What rate springs are you running, and what did they originally come off of? All of this can change your ride BIG TIME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
now just kicking it as a civilian
I served so your lazy ass didnt have to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 17 Old 06-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I run the Rock Krawler and the onroad ride is Better than the OE setup. Off road performance is outstanding.

Goood luck.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 17 Old 06-08-2011, 11:03 PM
JKO Addict!

I'm running coilovers front and rear and the ride is awesome I would never go back. But they take a little time to get them dialed in, spring rates and such you can make it as stiff or as soft as you want, plus you can adjust your ride height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
now just kicking it as a civilian
I served so your lazy ass didnt have to
post #8 of 17 Old 06-09-2011, 06:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Coilovers are gay
post #9 of 17 Old 06-09-2011, 09:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Better, especially for being so ghey.
post #10 of 17 Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Coilovers are gay
Ditto, my luv.

JKUS Sort of
post #11 of 17 Old 06-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Granite Guru

Rebel Im really not trying to be a smart ass but if you guys worked with King why are there Fox coilovers and bumps on the top picture?

Yes coilovers are much better all the way around IMO

Like us on

post #12 of 17 Old 06-09-2011, 01:48 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AReed View Post
Rebel Im really not trying to be a smart ass but if you guys worked with King why are there Fox coilovers and bumps on the top picture?

Yes coilovers are much better all the way around IMO
Totally fair question! This is VIAIRs build and they partnered with Fox Racing for the coilover aspect. Our RECON coil over brackets, VIAIR's choice in coil overs.
post #13 of 17 Old 06-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Rock God

[QUOTE=Dr.Dirty;801329]Coilovers are gay[/QUOTEi

I want coilovers, does that mean I'm gay?
post #14 of 17 Old 06-09-2011, 03:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

[QUOTE=DTJK;801771]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Coilovers are gay[/QUOTEi

I want coilovers, does that mean I'm gay?
yup
post #15 of 17 Old 06-09-2011, 03:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Add me to the gay list the jeep rides and handles much better on road with the coilys

|
|
post #16 of 17 Old 06-10-2011, 12:59 PM
JKO Addict!

That Rebel system is NICE....maybe on a future build! Wonder if those front lower shock brackets will work on a 3" axle tube.....

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #17 of 17 Old 06-10-2011, 01:11 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Defector View Post
That Rebel system is NICE....maybe on a future build! Wonder if those front lower shock brackets will work on a 3" axle tube.....
Yes, what we've had customers in the past do is weld them in place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode