post #1 of 16 Old 06-05-2011, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Rubicon Express Bushings

Just came accross this.

Say they are replacement bushing for Rubicon Express arms on JK and TJ

http://www.daystarweb.com/productdet...productID=1193

If its a repost, flame me

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-05-2011, 06:16 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09rubicon View Post
Just came accross this.

Say they are replacement bushing for Rubicon Express arms on JK and TJ

http://www.daystarweb.com/productdet...productID=1193

If its a repost, flame me

(flame on) REPOST(flame off)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
//

//
//

post #3 of 16 Old 06-05-2011, 06:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hey pig do you guys sell a kit for the RE LA? it needs to more smaller bushings.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 06-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Granite Guru

I'm curious as to if these are any different/better than the RE bushing...

Any info?

Thanks

2008 Steel Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon
RE 4.5" LA
37" KM2's on 17x8.5 MB72's
Poly Tie Rod, Poly Steering Relo, Poly Draglink
5.13's, C-Gussets
3-7" HIDx HID's
2-4" HIDx HID's
Crossed Up Offroad Custom Winch Bumper
sPOD system, Cobra 75
Mopar Transmission Cooler
post #5 of 16 Old 06-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Slow and Low

I've "heard" that Daystar makes most poly bushings for most suspension companies. It that's true, these are probably the same bushings they've always used.
post #6 of 16 Old 06-06-2011, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co4Lo View Post
I've "heard" that Daystar makes most poly bushings for most suspension companies. It that's true, these are probably the same bushings they've always used.
I was under the impression RE switched to Daystar "because" of the bad bushings from their previous supplier. Either way, I have no dog in the fight, I just know alot of people have been needing bushings and I came across this and thought I would share.

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #7 of 16 Old 06-06-2011, 10:03 AM
JKowners Vendor

The Daystar bushing that is mentioned prior is made from PTMEG which is a better material than the original RE bushing. It will last a little longer.

RK
post #8 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 02:14 PM

Rubicon express bushings.

Mine are trashed. 2 options are Daystar or cut and weld Johnny Joints.

YouTube - ‪Hitler finds out that Rubicon Express is out of business‬‏
post #9 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 02:41 PM
JKO Addict!

uh pretty sure you can get everything threw 4 wp seeing as how they now own RE

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #10 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
The Daystar bushing that is mentioned prior is made from PTMEG which is a better material than the original RE bushing. It will last a little longer.

RK
Do you guys have any experience with these? When I called RE, they said that those daystars are even softer than the RE bushings and people were having even quicker failures. No personal experience with the Daystar bushing though. Also RE will begin shipping new bushings in August...

2008 Steel Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon
RE 4.5" LA
37" KM2's on 17x8.5 MB72's
Poly Tie Rod, Poly Steering Relo, Poly Draglink
5.13's, C-Gussets
3-7" HIDx HID's
2-4" HIDx HID's
Crossed Up Offroad Custom Winch Bumper
sPOD system, Cobra 75
Mopar Transmission Cooler
post #11 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 06:39 PM
JKO Addict!

the last bushings RE was using before they went under were the DAYSTAR bushings. they seem to be a little better than the last set I got from RE. last set only lasted 5 months!!!

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
now just kicking it as a civilian
I served so your lazy ass didnt have to
post #12 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Rock God

Garage

I just replaced all of my bushings with the daystar set. I actually had to buy 2 sets of bushings, like Dirty said, They are missing 2 of the small upper bushings in their kit. no big deal, now I have spares.

There is a big difference in the material that Daystar is using, much better than the RE bushings IMO. (...& no, they aren't softer than the RE bushings)

The Jeep drives much better, I've done Dishpan and Holcomb Creek and still no visible damage to them. On the set before last of RE bushings, the rear upper radius arm bushings were toast after the same 2 trails.

I would say go with Daystar, their compound seems to hold up better.

'07 2 door Rubicon Steel Blue & Black 2 Tone
PROUD to be an
post #13 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Man......idk. <sigh>

I really wish that Scott would have come back on here to address some things. I guess he is completely out of the loop at this point, but still would have been a classier move to "net-up" and provide some Q&A before the doors shut. Whatever.......lot of folks were left hanging though.

Respect to you, Scott....if you are reading this. Maybe I feel kind of jaded because whenever we talked, you really made me feel confident that RE was going to great strides to perfect the product and vastly improve customer relations. You know that I always defended and supported you.....even with the bushing issue. Meh....no biggie. I appreciate that you took care of me.

Okay....so apparently, one of the only solid facts that we have, is that RE was picked up by 4wp. Does anyone else know anything factual at this point?
If so....please chime in. The rumor mill around RE (past/ present/ future) seems to be plagued with rumors and inconsistencies.

I personally would like to know:

*Are improved bushings actually being shipped at this time?
*Are the improved/ updated bushings made of rubber or polyurethane?
*If rubber bushings (as the originals).....are they torsional-rubber?
*Is there an actual replacement bushing upgrade kit that is complete?......without having to order 2 kits?
*If the manufacturing is staying in CA/ USA.....then are kits, arms, track-bars, etc actually being produced currently?
*Has the new RE actually tested the new/ updated bushings.....REAL WORLD?
*Will the new RE warranty old bushings?
*Will the new RE warranty new/ updated bushings?
*What is the criteria as it relates to warranty on new bushings?......no questions asked? send in old bushings for inspection? who's responsible to pay shipping cost? authorized dealer replacement only?

If these things have been covered, then I apologize. If not....then I assume that many people would also like to see some representative, yellow star vendor, or recent customer to chime in with actual information/ details about some of these (and other) specifics.

Thanks for reading- lol WOT

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #14 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKrazed View Post
I just replaced all of my bushings with the daystar set. I actually had to buy 2 sets of bushings, like Dirty said, They are missing 2 of the small upper bushings in their kit. no big deal, now I have spares.

There is a big difference in the material that Daystar is using, much better than the RE bushings IMO. (...& no, they aren't softer than the RE bushings)

The Jeep drives much better, I've done Dishpan and Holcomb Creek and still no visible damage to them. On the set before last of RE bushings, the rear upper radius arm bushings were toast after the same 2 trails.

I would say go with Daystar, their compound seems to hold up better.
lol- I was still typing when you posted this.

Thanks a TON for providing others with some recent real-world information. MUCH appreciated.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #15 of 16 Old 07-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

Speaking about the softness of each... Here is the newest RE bushing (from the Daystar mould) and the poly Daystar piece. Notice how the RE flexes a considerable amount more than the Daystar...

'07 2 door Rubicon Steel Blue & Black 2 Tone
PROUD to be an
post #16 of 16 Old 09-23-2012, 05:41 AM
Granite Guru

Question for you all who have used the Daystar bushings. Does the kit include new metal sleeves? My Old ones are egged out and i do not want to reuse them.

Thanks
Jason

07 steel blue two door Rubi.
-RE 4.5"; 35"; 4.88's; Protected by River Raiders, Skid Row, & Rock Hard skids; Custom on board air; Ham radios; other mods by Warn, Poly Performance; & a few other toys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode