Does the camera have two or three wires? I'm looking to see if it has power, ground, and a reverse trigger or if it is only power and ground.
After half a day leading wires and installing LockPick I still don't have a working back up camera.
Let’s start from the beginning.
Camera came with two wires:
1. Long video wire with red (power) thin wires coming off of each end of the video wire for simplicity lets call this wire VIDEO
2. Short (about 3 feet) power wire that has mail connector into camera power. The other end of this wire splits into red and black thin wires. For simplicity we’ll call it POWER wire.
3. Camera itself has two wires out with female connectors - power and video inputs.
4. I ran the VIDEO cable from the back to the front, now I have video male with split thin red wire coming off of it on both ends – front of the jeep and rear.
The LockPikck instructions tell me to connect power wire into orange/black 12V wire on the LockPick that labeled "BackUp camera V12 power". It also asking for the ground to be connected from the camera into the ground wire that comes off of the LockPick. However, I don't have a ground power from the camera at the head unit location (remember, only one thin red wire comes off of the VIDEO wire on each end).
So here is how I wired it:
1. Red thin wire that comes off of the VIDEO wire plugged into the orange/black wire off of LockPick.
2. In the rear, I connected red thin wire that comes off of the VIDEO cable to the “reverse hot” wire (I found that gray wire with white stripe is actually responsible for the power when I shift into reverse).
3. I also connected black thin ground from the short POWER cable that came with the camera into the black ground that leads to the rear stop light.
After all of the above I only had one more thin red wire hanging loose - it s part of the POWER wire that came with the camera.
At this point I assumed I should be able to see what’s on camera when I put it reverse. Well, nope no picture.
I took it one more step farther – I connected loose thin red wire from the POWER wire into the same “reverse hot” wire.
STILL NOTHING! What am I doing wrong?
When I hit reverse the LickPick recognizes it and switches MyGig into reverse mode input, but I got no feed from the camera, the screen is black. What am I doing wrong?