does mopar/factory make a lift? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 05-31-2011, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

does mopar/factory make a lift?

Just wondering, i bought a lifetime diamler chrysler warranty and i wonder if a lift would void the warranty. Any help thanks i'm a noob when it comes to the new jeeps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-31-2011, 08:34 PM
JPK
Rock God

Yes a couple, but some dealer will argue that even the Mopar lifts void the warranty, especially if they don't instal it, which is for a king's ransom.

Best to talk to your dealer, some are lift/mods friendly, some aren't.

Do a search here and you will fins a lot of onfo.
post #3 of 18 Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Rock God

Actually, there are no Mopar lifts.

There are Mopar Performance lifts that are re-branded lifts from either Pro-Comp or Rubicon Express. However, installing them has no different affect on your warranty then installing the exact same lifts directly from Pro-Comp or Rubicon Express.

Do some searching about warranty coverage on this forum.

Also, read your warranty booklet/pamphlet in your glove box.

This should answer most of your questions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 05-31-2011, 11:35 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planman View Post
Actually, there are no Mopar lifts.

There are Mopar Performance lifts that are re-branded lifts from either Pro-Comp or Rubicon Express. However, installing them has no different affect on your warranty then installing the exact same lifts directly from Pro-Comp or Rubicon Express.

Do some searching about warranty coverage on this forum.

On a side note... Super Lift also sells kits directly to Mopar. We just sent them some Synergy stuff recently so they could test it. Our stuff hit their radar I guess; if all goes well you might be able to get our stuff directly from the dealer as well.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #5 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 05:22 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

I beg to differ. It's vague on purpose so as to give leeway to the dealers and ultimately Chrysler themselves. The more specific the warranty book is, the more 'trapped' Chrysler becomes.

Also, the whole 'they must prove it caused the failure' bit is a complete fallacy, just like 'innocent until proven guilty.' Case in point: try arguing with a dealer that the bigger tires didn't cause extra strain on the driveline that caused the transmission to fail in a court of law with an attorney that you have appointed for several thousands of dollars, which if pursued could end up costing you tens of thousands of dollars.

The reality? You're potentially screwed any which way you look at it if you so much as put anything non-mopar on the vehicle and take it off on any unpaved road. Be good to your dealer and just hope your dealer is good to you.

2009 JKUR Auto
- HD Switchblade Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier
- ARB Deluxe Front Bumper
- Warn Powerplant HP (front) + Warn M8000 (rear)
- Benchmark Dual Battery w/ smart isolator
- Rockhard Skids + AEV Diff Slider + Kilby Shock Skids
- Wildboar Square Roofrack + Sidestep
- AEV 3.5" Premium lift + STOCK tires!
post #6 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 07:47 AM
JKowners Vendor

The warranty is a very touchy subject on JK's. Best bet like what was said up top, talk to the dealership first and see what they have to say. It is better to know before than after the fact.

On the lift side of things, you would be much better off with a more complete lift. Also, one that is well proven like the ones from Synergy Suspension, Rock Krawler, and TeraFlex. If you are going to do a lift than you might as well do it right the first time so your not swapping it out in a few years...

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #7 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Rock God

My warranty booklet for my 07 specifically explains that aftermarket and performance parts do not by themselves void the warranty. It explains that failures of factory parts caused by aftermarket/performance parts aren't covered.

It states that failures due to abuse aren't covered.

However, when a dealer submits a claim to Chrysler for warranty reimbursement for a repair on a modified rig, the dealer has to take pics and provide documentation to Chrysler to show the failures weren't due to the modifications.

Some dealers just don't want the hassle and/or are afraid of being stiffed by Chrysler. So, the dealer will just refuse to do it, or the Service Manager will only risk non-reimbursement for customers he knows on a first name basis and who are not adversarial.

Every time I would ever have dealer service done, I'd always bring bagels or donuts for the techs, Service Writers, and Service Manager. I'd also write thank you notes to the owner, mentioning the tech, Service Writer, and Service Manager by name. As you could imagine, my experience was always better then the customers who attempted threats, demands, and screaming to get their way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

post #8 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
On a side note... Super Lift also sells kits directly to Mopar. We just sent them some Synergy stuff recently so they could test it. Our stuff hit their radar I guess; if all goes well you might be able to get our stuff directly from the dealer as well.
Same here. They are probably looking to fill holes.

RK
post #9 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Same here. They are probably looking to fill holes.

RK
Damn...wish MY dealership sold/installed Poly or RK kits!

Wait...no I don't. Because then I'd end up paying 4x as much as I normally would buying them somewhere else. And they wouldn't know how to install the stuff. (They had problems just removing my RockHard skids when I went in for the gas tank recall. I can only imagine what a full lift would cause to happen.)
post #10 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Slow and Low

Scary shit, having a dealership install a suspension system.
I would instantly raise my life insurance policy and start a daily PMCS log book for the Jeep.
BTW, I'm in the car business.
post #11 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 10:07 AM
JPK
Rock God

Like any shop of any kind, automotive, A/C, home builders, etc, there are some that can do what needs to be done properly and some that can't...

I know that Adams Jeep in Baltimore and Annapolis MD sell new Jeeps with lifts, wheels and tires already installed.

It would be pretty hard for them to deny warranty coverage, no?

There is also AirPark Jeep which sells AEV equipped Jeeps, and con't recall the name of the SC Jeep dealer that will instal lifts but also seels new Jeeps with lifts.

And then there is the option of ordering right from some dealers through Jeep/Chrysler AEV built Jeeps, with AEV equipment and even with Hemi's...

With some effort you can find the right dealer.

BTW, Mopar vs. Mopar Performance... yes there is a difference, but at the dealer level it looses most significance, imo.

JPK
post #12 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 10:21 AM
JKO Addict!

All lifts supplied by MOPAR/Chrysler regardless of manufacturer are listed with a part number ending in "-P". This means there is NO WARRANTY IMPLIED OR EXPRESSED on said parts. No dealer nor Chrysler are in anyway obliged to warranty siad parts. Some dealers may do it out of good faith.

Planman hit the rest on the head.

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #13 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
It states that failures due to abuse aren't covered.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
This right here is their out.

"oh, you've been offroad before? Clearly, this vehicle was abused. Coverage denied"

They're denying even the simple stuff. I took mine in for a starting rough idle problem and found that I had a crushed fuel line. They informed me to replace and repair, they would have to drop the entire transmission to get where they had to go. Lied right to my face, because when I picked up the Jeep, every single bolt underneath my Jeep was just as muddy as when I brought it in the first place without even so much as a scuff near the bolts. Either they have ninja techs there, or they didn't remove the trans, which was the entire reason they were allowed to do the work.

Unless you find a good one, dealerships are filled with slimy, lying opportunists who will screw you over if you don't know more than they do about the vehicle.

Oh, and after I got my Jeep back, there are all sorts of fun new rattles and noises that weren't there before, my steering is FAWKED and I'm pretty sure they fucked up one of my swaybar links. While there may very well be honest folks who work at dealerships, not one is employed at the one nearest to me.

post #14 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 10:25 AM
JKO Addict!

You can swing by my local dealership and pick up this pretty package (photo of mark-up sticker later):

2.5" Procomp Suspension Coils and Shocks
5 x Procomp #7047 17/9 Black Wheels
5 x 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T Tires
Smittybuilt Nerf Bars

Package total: $6,995.00

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #15 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09rubicon View Post
You can swing by my local dealership and pick up this pretty package (photo of mark-up sticker later):

2.5" Procomp Suspension Coils and Shocks
5 x Procomp #7047 17/9 Black Wheels
5 x 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T Tires
Smittybuilt Nerf Bars

Package total: $6,995.00
Are those for sale now, or do we have to preorder??? Is there any way we can get on some sort of waiting list?!?
post #16 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 10:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin4979 View Post
Are those for sale now, or do we have to preorder??? Is there any way we can get on some sort of waiting list?!?
There is a 4 door Sport on the lot with this package. Grand total is only $37,495 out the door!!! Better hurry, bet they go fast!

post #17 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09rubicon View Post
There is a 4 door Sport on the lot with this package. Grand total is only $37,495 out the door!!! Better hurry, bet they go fast!
Only if it comes with 24" spinner hubcaps.
post #18 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomeister View Post
I beg to differ. It's vague on purpose so as to give leeway to the dealers and ultimately Chrysler themselves. The more specific the warranty book is, the more 'trapped' Chrysler becomes.

Also, the whole 'they must prove it caused the failure' bit is a complete fallacy, just like 'innocent until proven guilty.' Case in point: try arguing with a dealer that the bigger tires didn't cause extra strain on the driveline that caused the transmission to fail in a court of law with an attorney that you have appointed for several thousands of dollars, which if pursued could end up costing you tens of thousands of dollars.

The reality? You're potentially screwed any which way you look at it if you so much as put anything non-mopar on the vehicle and take it off on any unpaved road. Be good to your dealer and just hope your dealer is good to you.
I just purchased a # year warranty for my 07 Sahara Unlimited, and I have a 3" suspenssion lift and 2" of body lift with 35"s anyway the first thing I asked my service writer when he offered me the warranty, was if I'm gonna have any coverage issues since my Jeep is lifted, and he told me that I won't, and that he won't be offering me the warranty if that was the case, sure indeed, about a month and a half ago I got a rear axle, bearing and seal replaced, and both front unit bearings also and everything was covered under warranty, even when I had the original factory warranty my tires ripped off my rear fender flares for going off roading and they did covered them under warranty, so I'm really happy with my dealership
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode