Cant find my directions for installing Rock Krawler upper control arms and track bar - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-30-2011, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Cant find my directions for installing Rock Krawler upper control arms and track bar

I got some time off and want to finally install my RK parts that I have had for awhile.Any other install tips that you have for the following parts would be be help full.THANKS

Do these 2 bushings

Go in the track bar just like this

witch way does the track bar go?Rubber bushing on the passenger side with the the bend in the bar like in this pic? Or different way

Also don't remember why there is only one bolt that came with the upper arms

RK 3.5 LIFT/RRD SHOCKS/FRONT CONTROL ARMS/DRAG LINK/TRACK BAR/REAR BRAKE HOSES/COOPER 295-75-17 STT JEEPERMAN FRONT BUMPER SUPERWINCH EPI9 JKS LOWER TRACK BAR BRACES/DISCONNECTS CRAGAR WHEELS SOFT 8 SYNERGY UPPER TRACK BAR BRACES RR SKID PLATES BENCHMARK DESIGNS EVAP SKID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-30-2011, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Forgot to add I have the jks welded on brace on the axle and will be installing the poly brace at the upper track bar bracket.I'm hoping they all work together

RK 3.5 LIFT/RRD SHOCKS/FRONT CONTROL ARMS/DRAG LINK/TRACK BAR/REAR BRAKE HOSES/COOPER 295-75-17 STT JEEPERMAN FRONT BUMPER SUPERWINCH EPI9 JKS LOWER TRACK BAR BRACES/DISCONNECTS CRAGAR WHEELS SOFT 8 SYNERGY UPPER TRACK BAR BRACES RR SKID PLATES BENCHMARK DESIGNS EVAP SKID
post #3 of 7 Old 05-31-2011, 06:46 AM
Slow and Low

Pic #1-2:
Yes, those spacers go into the heim joint like that.

Pic#3:
Yes, the bend goes up to provide diff clearance, but bushing goes on the frame (driver) side.

Pic#4:
That bolt replaces the passenger-side upper bolt because you will have to cut off the OEM one, The rest of the mounting locations will use the OEM bolts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-31-2011, 08:09 AM
JKowners Vendor

Sir

Give us a shout and we will help you out! CO4L0 is right!

RK
post #5 of 7 Old 05-31-2011, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co4Lo View Post
Pic #1-2:
Yes, those spacers go into the heim joint like that.

Pic#3:
Yes, the bend goes up to provide diff clearance, but bushing goes on the frame (driver) side.

Pic#4:
That bolt replaces the passenger-side upper bolt because you will have to cut off the OEM one, The rest of the mounting locations will use the OEM bolts.
Thanks

post #6 of 7 Old 05-31-2011, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Sir

Give us a shout and we will help you out! CO4L0 is right!

RK
I got the upper control arms on.was abit surprised to see that they would not go as short as the factory ones tho.

I am having a problem with the track bar in a couple ways

The spacers make it to wide to fit in the mounting bracket.So i spent about a half hour filing one down to fit just snug.

But when i went to install the bolt in threw the spacers I ran in to another problem.

One of the spacers inside diameter is way to small for the track bar bolt to go threw looking at my above pics you can kinda see the difference in the whole size.

I will be calling wednesday.

post #7 of 7 Old 06-03-2011, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rock krawler. got my spacers and the track bar bolt fit in them both.

Thanks for the fast shipping

One question tho.
I still had to file one down to get it to slide in to the mounting bracket

Is this the correct width or is my bracket out of spec

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode