D60s with RK 3.5 x factor and coil over ??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-28-2011, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
D60s with RK 3.5 x factor and coil over ???

alright so heres the deal the old lady gave me the go ahead to order a set of RJ 60's right after the damn lift kit was installed on my rubi.

Questions are:
What brackets will i need to purchase seperatly to make this work

Can I re use the rear cradle and just mod it to fit the 60

and are there any other issues that I may run into.

Now with this in mind ill have 5 wheels with a 5 on 5 pattern up for sale here shortly with less than 500 miles on them, and I will also have both 44s up for sale with 5.38 gears/ C gussets and inner sleeves. Still has the stock shafts as I hadnt upgraded them yet.

So am I crazy to jump right into tons now and sale the rest of the shit or what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
This is one reason I have a strict policy of not eating anything out of another dudes butt. Flick it with my tongue? Sure. Run my tongue around the rim? Depends. Dart my tongue in for a brief second? Maybe. Eat something out of it? No fuckin' way!
If you want to know whats on it check my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Rock God

I'd order the rear with the truss from whomever's rear axle you decide to go with. DT, Currie & Tera all make one & it'll make your life a lot easier. If you delete the stock upper rear mounts & add the truss mount, it doesn't add much if any cost either!

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Rock God

Nope not crazy.... Too bad your not out this way. I would take your axles and maybe the tires off your hands.

Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Rock God

Garage

We have been talking about the Rk truss and the currie 60 on another thread
I'm debating ordering the currie
Jeremy from Rk told me that they modified one of theirs on a build for a customers rig and it worked Fine
Also I ran into Kenny from river raider yesterday and asked him about it, he said he just Installed a Rk truss on a Tera 60 with no issues
So I'm stil up in the with what I'm going todo with the lift schedule to arrive in the next week or
So, leaning towards giving it a shot with the Rk truss

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #5 of 9 Old 05-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnick View Post
We have been talking about the Rk truss and the currie 60 on another thread
I'm debating ordering the currie
Jeremy from Rk told me that they modified one of theirs on a build for a customers rig and it worked Fine
Also I ran into Kenny from river raider yesterday and asked him about it, he said he just Installed a Rk truss on a Tera 60 with no issues
So I'm stil up in the with what I'm going todo with the lift schedule to arrive in the next week or
So, leaning towards giving it a shot with the Rk truss
I would say if your still up in the air about what truss to use go with the currie one that you know for sure fits the rock jock you will be alot happier with the look if your not that into making the RK on fit right cuz it does take some time to grind that truss its thick and also to make it look nice you cut a little the test fit then repeat. at least with currie its plug and play you weld it on then your arm mount then your done. but just my opinion all in all i am happy with the way my RK looks on my rock jock.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-29-2011, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

good info guys thanks for the ideas. now I just got to scrape the pennies together and place my order.

Quote:
This is one reason I have a strict policy of not eating anything out of another dudes butt. Flick it with my tongue? Sure. Run my tongue around the rim? Depends. Dart my tongue in for a brief second? Maybe. Eat something out of it? No fuckin' way!
post #7 of 9 Old 05-31-2011, 09:40 AM
JKowners Vendor

Sir

First, thanks for concidering our products.

We will be more than happy to work with you regarding the customization of your system however we can!

RK
post #8 of 9 Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

considering hell the 3.5 xfactor made my jeep drive the way it should from the factory once the gears are broke in im going to see how it works off road. As for the D60's it was more of a question of what bracketry i need to buy or change on a crate axle to be able to bolt it up to the rk kit i already have installed.

Quote:
post #9 of 9 Old 05-31-2011, 03:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I Was thinking either the currie truss or sniper fab...

08 Rubicon - AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode