Diablo predator or superchip - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 05-28-2011, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Wink Diablo predator or superchip

I'm looking for a tuner, I have a 2010 JK Unlimited with 33s, MBRP exhaust and banks cold air intake, I'm looking for some additional mileage, better throttle response and like everyone elso more power off road. any input?? Thanks

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 05-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Rock God

I have not used the Diablo, but my superchips flashpaq improved the driveability of my rig immensely...helped with mileage a bit too, though I have not seen the results others have on that front...

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
post #3 of 24 Old 05-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

i have used neither....

but...

having talked with several people who have used them, i'm biased toward the diablo tuners. been too poor to afford one for either of our vehicles, but thats on the list. they're working on adapting the Trinity for two-vehicle use as well. Plus, I hear more details of things going on with Diablo... the support they provide to the tuning market is impressive. You can make the tuning as simple or as complex as you desire.

I spoke to a rep from Diablo at Jeep Beach... which again solidified my preference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 06-13-2011, 10:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have had both and I am partial to the Trinity because of the faster load times and the ability to keep it plugged in and have gauges on the screen

post #5 of 24 Old 06-13-2011, 11:06 AM
JKO Addict!

I've had good luck with my superchips, but the diablo is really cool.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #6 of 24 Old 06-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Rock God

save your money and go with gears. i've only used superchips but with all the money i spent on the priors, cai, catback exhaust, and throttle body, the gears was all that x3 as far as performance goes. best bang for the buck is gears.

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

post #7 of 24 Old 06-13-2011, 02:03 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

The Superchips Flashpaq and the DiabloSport Predator are both excellent programmers. They are each very popular and have great community feedback. Honestly, you couldn't go wrong getting either programmer.

We Price Match -
us for a quote!

•
•
•
•
•
post #8 of 24 Old 06-13-2011, 02:49 PM
JKowners Vendor

Send a message via AIM to frank@diablosport

The predator is a great tool to use. Lots of adjustable parameters for the Jeeps. The Trinity has the same tunes and parameters but is more of a on the dash unit with gauges. Here is a list of parameters you can change.

Idle RPM Drive/Neutral, 04-2010
WOT Fuel 1k-3.8k / 4k-5k / 5k-7k
Rev Limit Drive/Neutral, 04-2010
WOT Spark 1k-3.8k / 4k-5k / 5k-7k
Tire Size
MDS disable, where applicable
Shift Points, 05-2010
Speed limit, 04-2010
Low Tire Pressure Threshold adjustment, where applicable
Electrnoic Throttle Sensitivity, where applicable
Read/Write time is approx 60 seconds
Clear codes supported
Multiple custom tunes.

Plus we now have the Throttle Booster and MPG Booster for this Jeeps!! This will allow you to get better fuel mileage and have a more firmer, more responsive feel to your throttle. We get a lot of great reviews form the jeep guys using a Diablosport.
post #9 of 24 Old 06-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to jocrazy0

I have the Diablo Sport (A recent addition) that has made a vast improvement in my supercharged JK. Mine came from HESCO (that created my supercharger kit). The performance tune load has made my vehicle a joy to drive again. It shifts like a normal vehicle now, the engine "feels" a lot more powerful, city street driven hills that used to cause a downshift (plus many times a TPS lightning bolt) now are driveable in 4th gear and I have yet to have my first TPS trip since the download.

I recommend it!

2007 Rubicon, Graystone, Auto, Dual, Power, Tow,GENTEX autodim mirror,COOL TECH antenna mount&exhaust,CIBIE,HELLA TPMS,AEM CAI, Fuel Door, Grab Handles,Tuffy,Thule,Olympic,HESCO Supercharger, HID, RR XHD FB w/stinger,DRAKE hoodlatch with locks
1972 C104 Commando - Bone stock
post #10 of 24 Old 06-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Wheeler

Thumbs up Trinity

I got my Trinity last friday. I previously worked for a parts and accessory dealer so I have installed and played with about every programer/chip on the market, the Trinity by far one of the easiest to use and has a super fast download time compared to any other gas tuner I have used. The operating system is very user friendly, and the custom guage screens give you exactly what guages you want or need. I am very pleased with my Trinity it gave my Jeep some of the ass back it lost when I installed the 20 inch wheels and Nitto 35's.
post #11 of 24 Old 06-20-2011, 08:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I used the AEV Procal... should i be considering getting one of these???? will i benefit from it?

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42” MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #12 of 24 Old 06-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKUnlimitedSport_2010 View Post
I used the AEV Procal... should i be considering getting one of these???? will i benefit from it?
nah

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

post #13 of 24 Old 06-26-2011, 07:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKUnlimitedSport_2010 View Post
Well the Procal doesn't do any performance tuning only tire size and only really basic functions that the Diablosport programmers and the Superchips programmers go well beyond providing.

I say either programmer will give you your moneys worth having rather than the AEV Procal

post #14 of 24 Old 06-26-2011, 08:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The predator is a great tool to use. Lots of adjustable parameters for the Jeeps. The Trinity has the same tunes and parameters but is more of a on the dash unit with gauges. Here is a list of parameters you can change.

Tire Size
Shift Points, 05-2010
Speed limit, 04-2010
Clear codes supported
Multiple custom tunes.

Plus we now have the Throttle Booster and MPG Booster for this Jeeps!! This will allow you to get better fuel mileage and have a more firmer, more responsive feel to your throttle. We get a lot of great reviews form the jeep guys using a Diablosport.
I like the sound of this!!!!

Sent via your mom

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42” MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #15 of 24 Old 10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Wheeler

Do the DiabloSport tuners allow you to lock the Rubicon Diffs in 4hi??
post #16 of 24 Old 10-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Rock God

Garage

If you do not get TPS sensors installed in your new wheels and tires can you turn off the idiot light with either one of them?

Obama's EPA just shut down your favorite ORV trail.
post #17 of 24 Old 10-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Granite Guru

Lots of good info here to make your decisions:

http://www.superchips.com/

http://www.diablosport.com/

2008 JK Rubicon
86ish Formula Toyota
post #18 of 24 Old 10-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Tire Size
Shift Points, 05-2010
Speed limit, 04-2010
Clear codes supported
Multiple custom tunes.

Do you guys know what the commanded WOT spark is? IE 23deg, 21deg? How about the commanded WOT a/f ratio? I am about to order a predator and knowing these would help with tuning. The predator I used in the past, if I remember right, just had a percent change, and not the actual value.

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
post #19 of 24 Old 11-17-2011, 06:53 AM
Rock God

Can this be used on more than 1 vehicle at a time?
IE...If I buy one and a buddy needs to use it after I do, can he or no?

I was told AEV Procal can ONLY be used on 1 jeep and cannot be used on another unless the jeep and it has been reset to default settings.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratec, Inc. View Post
The Superchips Flashpaq and the DiabloSport Predator are both excellent programmers. They are each very popular and have great community feedback. Honestly, you couldn't go wrong getting either programmer.

post #20 of 24 Old 11-17-2011, 07:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #21 of 24 Old 11-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Rock God

Thanks!
post #22 of 24 Old 11-17-2011, 07:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluke the 2 View Post
save your money and go with gears. i've only used superchips but with all the money i spent on the priors, cai, catback exhaust, and throttle body, the gears was all that x3 as far as performance goes. best bang for the buck is gears.
He's on 33s...You can decrease mileage with too much gear, it's hardly an inch over what some Jeeps roll off the factory with.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #23 of 24 Old 11-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnhl2005 View Post
Can this be used on more than 1 vehicle at a time?
IE...If I buy one and a buddy needs to use it after I do, can he or no?

I was told AEV Procal can ONLY be used on 1 jeep and cannot be used on another unless the jeep and it has been reset to default settings.

Thanks
based on my discussion with Diablo... the diablo SPORT, the answer is no, however with the Trinity tuner, they were planning to incorporate that option since the Trinity has a SD card slot. there would be a fee.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
post #24 of 24 Old 11-17-2011, 02:40 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

From a pure user interface standpoint I like them about the same. I have the Diablo Predator on our WK Hemi and it makes a HUGE difference. The Superchips on both our 08 JKU Auto and 08 JK 6SP made a very noticeable and welcomed difference.

The Diablo is huge in comparison to the Superchips and both of them are painfully slow to change things on.

The Diablo made the WK do some weird shit so I took it off and haven't messed with it again.

Can't go wrong with either one IMO but the Diablo does allow you to change quite a bit more and load custom maps into it which can be purchased for another few hundred bucks. Not worth it on a JK, but on the HEMIs it can make some real power.

Marcus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode