which rear bumper?? help! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 05-28-2011, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

which rear bumper?? help!

i have a 2011 red wrangler unlimited 4 door, This morning my neighbor backed up into my jeep scratching and cracking my rear bumper, only thing damaged is my bumper and he agreed to pay for whatever it cost to replace, i worked it out it comes out to about 500$ to replace. Thing is i was gonna replace the bumpers to metal bumper so should i just get a regular rear metal bumper or put in the extra money and get a metal rear bumper with tire carrier? im putting 35 inch tires on the truck and not sure if its better to just get oversized tire carrier or just get a bumper with the carrier attached to it,, also anyone know any nice bumper?? i was looking at the smitty rear but i heard bad things about it.. i have to get this bunper ordered today so havent had a chance to look myself. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-28-2011, 06:26 AM
Rock God

their are a lot of nice bumpers out their... depends on what you like... i have a stock rear bumper you can have if you want it till you figure it out... you should check out the poison spyder bumper/carrier. they also have a nice just steel bumper no carrier .. the smittybuilt one would probably be ok.. and it is cheaper.. or you could take a look at the EVO cage/carrier.my fav .if you want to get real crazy
post #3 of 18 Old 05-28-2011, 06:27 AM
JKO Addict!

I have a Smittybilt XRC, it required some patience in getting the latch fine tuned just right. But it works extremely well now, very smooth operation...it will take some time messing with it. If you are going 35s definitely get either a bumper/swing set, or a bumper that accepts a swing and buy the swing later.

If you don't want to mess with it, the new Poison Spyder (Brawler?) series rear bumper and swing looks downright awesome!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 05-28-2011, 07:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I love my PSC Rock Brawler rear ...that said, if PSC ever puts out the tire cage for the rear BFH I may consider changing it again.

Lots of folks here like the Rock Hard rear. HITMONEY's ORE rear cage looks awesome. Someone recently posted pics of FinishLineWest's rear bumper and it's pretty cool too.

Lots of great choices ...

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #5 of 18 Old 05-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

PSC is great, but I also like the one from Rock Slide Engineering.
post #6 of 18 Old 05-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Rock God

........im putting 35 inch tires on the truck and ........

There goes another kitten!
post #7 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 08:21 AM
JKowners Vendor

We do sell a lot and see alot of the rear from PSC...

But, what about the new rear with carrier from Wurx Designs? It is really close to your $500 leadway which the PSC is more than double it! Let me know if we can help!!

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #8 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Granite Guru

You can try the ASFIR4x4 Bumper and Carrier. I can tell you your neighbor will be scared to hit it...Look at the two trucks that rearended our Jeep!

Oh and Just a couple scratches on our bumper:

post #9 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Granite Guru

Nice pics. Please don't take this the wrong way, but your rear bumper and tire carrier are $2200+ dollars. $1377 for a rear bumper without a tire carrier? Seems a bit much. I'm all for quality products, but I think that is a bit out of line with what the market has to offer currently.

As for rear bumpers, I picked up a SmittyBuilt XRC from a local dude. Was a bit leery at first due to all the "horror" stories you hear about them. What I can say is it is very well built, the coating was great, and the installation was OK. It currently carries a 37" KM2 without issue and I've never had a problem with the latch. My buddy runs an LoD rear and has great luck with it as well. Those are the only ones I can personally speak to.

Good luck with your purchase. Take your time, look at your local craigslist and the for sale forum here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASFIR4X4_AZ View Post
You can try the ASFIR4x4 Bumper and Carrier. I can tell you your neighbor will be scared to hit it...Look at the two trucks that rearended our Jeep!

Oh and Just a couple scratches on our bumper:

post #10 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
We do sell a lot and see alot of the rear from PSC...

But, what about the new rear with carrier from Wurx Designs? It is really close to your $500 leadway which the PSC is more than double it! Let me know if we can help!!

-Jason
Tell me more about the rear with carrier from Wurx Designs.

2008 Steel Blue Unlimited X
AEV 3.5" Suspension System (Nth Degree)
17" AEV Pintlers
35" Mickey Thompson MTZ's
post #11 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

Poison Spyder has a new, redesigned Rock Brawler rear bumper with tire carrier that is in production. I would wait for it to be released before buying a bumper. PSC's quality, fit and finish is unbeatable and reasonably priced.

post #12 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 11:45 AM
JKowners Vendor

Sure thing, what would you like to know? Hav you seen the thread in the new products section? Awesome bumper!! And a even better price...

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #13 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgoose View Post
Nice pics. Please don't take this the wrong way, but your rear bumper and tire carrier are $2200+ dollars. $1377 for a rear bumper without a tire carrier? Seems a bit much. I'm all for quality products, but I think that is a bit out of line with what the market has to offer currently.
Two totaled cars into the bumper on the Freeway in the rain, a few scratches on our bumper.

I think it is worth every penny! $0 in repair costs on our Jeep. Just imagine if you actually ran it into something where someone else's $$$ were not replacing it.

I understand the budget thing. If you don't buy ours buy one that will stand up to your use!!
post #14 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Granite Guru

Very classy reply. Another reason to support JKO vendors (and in my case a local vendor as well).

Quote:
Two totaled cars into the bumper on the Freeway in the rain, a few scratches on our bumper.

I think it is worth every penny! $0 in repair costs on our Jeep. Just imagine if you actually ran it into something where someone else's $$$ were not replacing it.

I understand the budget thing. If you don't buy ours buy one that will stand up to your use!!
post #15 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Coonasian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by block
take a look at the EVO cage/carrier
Don't want to hijack but where can I see these? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
post #16 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 04:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread...t=hitmoney+evo

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #17 of 18 Old 06-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:

Are the bumpers made in America?
post #18 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
Are the bumpers made in America?
Asfir is based in Israel and all of our products are engineered to withstand whatever the Israeli Special Forces and British SAS throw at them.

A Brief History:

The company was started by a couple of Special Forces Soldiers in a Unit that received a large number of Surplus Jeeps and Armored Vehicles (5052 Aluminum Based) from the US Government after The Vietnam War. The US armored the Jeeps so heavily with Steel that they were too heavy for airlift rescues. So they took apart an inoperative Armor Vehicle and attached the pieces to the Jeeps.

Years later those officers got permission from the Government to offer the items back to sale to Military and eventually to the public.

Although we are relatively new to the US, we are not new to providing unequaled protection with quality products.

Back to the regularly scheduled Thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode