Moog joint for tie rod end - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-23-2011, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Moog joint for tie rod end

I ordered two joints for the rock krawler tie rod, Moog ES3624. This is what came in the boxes. The one with out the grease hole came with a grease fitting? It also came with a cotter pin and castle nut, but with no hole to put the pin in? The greasable joints part that goes in the knuckle seems really short. WTH?, which one is right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Granite Guru

The one on the left is definetly not a moog part. Moog stamps their parts and the boot should say moog. I would say that the one on the left was a rebox from a differnt manufacturer which happens more than you would think. I would call the parts store and have them order you 2 new ones and swap those out.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Rock God

The one on the right looks correct, does it match up to the stock one?

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Granite Guru

Where can you purchase these from?

Manny
post #5 of 7 Old 05-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Granite Guru

You can also just ask for an inner tierod for a 03-08 Dodge 2500hd if they cant go by part number at whatever store you go to. I would stay away from any second line chassis parts as well. I know our second line chassis is questionable at times in my store. Its Moog part numbers but not there better stuff. The problem solver stuff is good but there "blank" parts are not so hot. The first line Napa Chassis stuff is usually pretty heavy and they use good balls in the joints. Alot of this stuff is going sealed due to the fact no one greases anything anymore, kinda blows.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Yes the one on the right is the Moog. I have an all Moog front end and they are holding up great.

Edit: I had a spare ES3624 in the garage and just checked the box. Its the correct part number on the box but its a crapy end like the one on the left above. WTF? Its a lot less beefy, no cotterpin hole and no zert. I hope this is a mistake and not the new version of this. The odd thing is that it doesn't say Moog anywhere on it. The 4 on my rig all have it in the forged part as well as the boot. This looks like the crapy OE part to me.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 05-24-2011 at 10:21 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyLedezma View Post
Where can you purchase these from?

Manny
Off of Amazon for a bout 23 bucks!

On a stock front end you can only use this type on the pitman arm. But for guys with the Rock Krawler draglink and tierod can use it at all 4 locations. I'll let a Polly runner chim in on if they will work with that system.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode