Pic Request: Flat flares - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-21-2011, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Pic Request: Flat flares

Just lifted my JKU and want to get some flat flares. Leaning towards plastic because of the price and no rust, but would love to see all diff flatties. I like the Bushwackers but idk if they are too wide. I havent gotten a chance to see them in person. I still have my stock tires now but plan on running the stock Sahara wheels with spacers and 35x12.50's. Lets see some flatties!!

'07 Unlimited Sahara
3" leveling kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-21-2011, 07:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Check my garage got the PSC ones they are stout as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
This is one reason I have a strict policy of not eating anything out of another dudes butt. Flick it with my tongue? Sure. Run my tongue around the rim? Depends. Dart my tongue in for a brief second? Maybe. Eat something out of it? No fuckin' way!
If you want to know whats on it check my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 Old 05-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

No pics for you but there are lots of options. First you have steel, they won't rust as long as they are properly painted so I wouldn't worry about that. A couple manufacturers make aluminum ones, they weigh less and won't rust but the trade-off is an increase in price. Then you have the plastic/polyurethane. They are probably the cheapest overall and no rust issues. Also lightweight and don't need painted but not as durable. If you are serious about wanting plastic, I would look at the Xenon flares. They make some that are 1-1/2" narrower than your stock flares and look preety nice.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 05-21-2011, 08:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'll play...

Xenons in the front.. custom tube in the back. May go to tube in the front just so they will match... no other reason. The Xenons have done well - even after bashing them a few times on the trail.

post #5 of 19 Old 05-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Rock God

RROR Narrow width,very solid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 19 Old 05-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Rock God

Poison Spyder....

Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, + upper control arms:RRD remote reservoir shocks:Teraflex Speed Bumps:Poison Spyder bumpers, fenders, and rockers: Gen Right tire carrier: Rigid duallies, 20 and 50 bars, fogs: Trucklites: Off Road Hero's Top: Genesis Off Road dual battery kit:
post #7 of 19 Old 05-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Rock God

Here's a few from several angles to give you an idea on the Xenons. After a few run ins with the rocks in Johnson Valley they are still good but if I had to do it again I'd do Poison Spyders fenders and probably will eventually.

Mike
post #8 of 19 Old 05-22-2011, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Nice pics everyone lookin good. Im diggin those RROR, but not diggin the price haha. Anyone paint some bushwackers??? I have a sahara and would like to paint whatever flatties I end up getting. Can you even paint Bushwackers? Still would like to see someone with stock wheels, wheel spacers with 35's and bushwacker flats. I just want to make sure the bushwackers arent going to look to big. I would like my tires to stick out a little past the flares. Im not a big fan of the xenons. I think its just the angle on the front I dont really like. I wish bushwacker made some narrows that would be sweet. lets see some more pics!!

'07 Unlimited Sahara
3" leveling kit
post #9 of 19 Old 05-22-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Oh ya love the PSC Flares but again a little out of my price range. PSC makes some goooood shit

'07 Unlimited Sahara
3" leveling kit
post #10 of 19 Old 05-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Granite Guru

River Raider off road here...

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
post #11 of 19 Old 05-24-2011, 05:55 AM
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to Hovo Send a message via MSN to Hovo Send a message via Yahoo to Hovo

heres mine

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Last edited by Hovo; 05-28-2011 at 12:38 PM.
post #12 of 19 Old 05-24-2011, 06:00 AM
Rock God

Garage

Bushwhackers
And xenon wides
Attached Images

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #13 of 19 Old 05-24-2011, 07:20 AM
TrailDuty.com

Xenon

post #14 of 19 Old 05-24-2011, 07:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Mine. Trimmed stock flares.

post #15 of 19 Old 05-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGINIER View Post
Jeep's role in society is that they function outside of society.

post #16 of 19 Old 05-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Wheeler

Bushwackers....sorry for the big ass pic. Not sure how to make it any smaller.
Attached Images

in the real world people call me Scott

2009 2DR SAHARA
post #17 of 19 Old 05-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Rock God

There are quite a few options out there for JK flat fenders. However what will constitute the best fender for you will be based on the vehicle purpose, budget and the amount of tire coverage desired.

When it comes to steel or aluminum hi-clearance tube fenders the River Raider units that we offer are available in factory width and narrow. The narrow are 2.25'' narrower then your stock flares.

One of the main things that set our fenders apart from other options is the excellent fit and the fact that they are fully welded along the entire length of the fender. Some companies just do a few short stitches on the inside to hold the fenders together while ours are welded inside and out for the strongest possible fender. We also tie our fenders into the JK sub-frame for a much stronger unit.

Every set of our fenders come with all stainless steel hardware and a free expoxy coat finish that is far more durable then powder coat.

If you have any questions on our fenders or other products feel free to call the number below and ask for Kenny.

RIVER RAIDER OFF-ROAD

post #18 of 19 Old 05-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Line-X'ed Xenon narrow flats on mine.

post #19 of 19 Old 05-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post

Ugh...I want the narrows and a set of rear corners so bad...

2010 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Rubicon with a part from everyone...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode