Control Arms - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 05-19-2011, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Control Arms

Which vendor on here can get me the best price on Rough Country front lower CA's for on 08 unlimited rubi?

VOTE # 13 FOR 2011 TTC!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-20-2011, 09:28 AM
JKowners Vendor

Just a question... why the Rough Country ones?

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #3 of 15 Old 05-20-2011, 08:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Ditto. Why buy that crap when you can get some great arms from Poly, Rockrawler or Teraflex?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Rock God

If you haven't seen them there pretty nice. They have a flex joint on one end and are priced very well.http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_...trol-arms.html

Last edited by austinjeepr; 05-20-2011 at 08:58 PM.
post #5 of 15 Old 05-20-2011, 08:56 PM
JKO Addict!

I'm interested too but look at it this way there both adjustable grease/serviceable but the RC is $179 compared to $249 someone tell me the true "tech" why one is better than the other..not just another "oh roughcountry is crap response!

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #6 of 15 Old 05-20-2011, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I bought a pair tonight and i honestly got them because of the price. If the suck, then they replace em for free and i learn my lesson and upgrade.

anyways, what are your guys' measurements eye to eye for your LCA's?

post #7 of 15 Old 05-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Granite Guru

Eye to eye center RK 23 1/8
post #8 of 15 Old 05-20-2011, 10:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherride View Post
I'm interested too but look at it this way there both adjustable grease/serviceable but the RC is $179 compared to $249 someone tell me the true "tech" why one is better than the other..not just another "oh roughcountry is crap response!
Typically the price differential is due to materials used. Thicker DOM tubing used on the arms, higher quality joints....etc
post #9 of 15 Old 05-20-2011, 11:25 PM
JKO Addict!

RC 2.5 diameter body

Couldn't find RK

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #10 of 15 Old 05-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Granite Guru

I know alot of people like to dog Rough Country, but I like my lift. It was an upgrade from stock and at a good price. Customer service is awesome as well.

My Jeep is an everyday driver/seldom crawler like alot of folks here. If you wheel every weekend they may not be for you. If you are building on a tight budget and you don't wheel as much it's a good option. Lifetime warranty is cool too.

Sent via Morse Code using my iJeep

2007 JEEP Green RUBICON

"If you can read this thank your Teachers, If it is in English thank your Soldiers."
post #11 of 15 Old 05-28-2011, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

how the fawk do you get the retainer spring clipy things in the flex joints?

post #12 of 15 Old 05-28-2011, 08:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Some mfrs sell tools that compress the joint enough to get the snap rings & washers out safely. You can cobble the same together using sockets & washers with some all thread. Won't be as elegant but will work fine.
post #13 of 15 Old 05-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Slow and Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuknrunit View Post
how the fawk do you get the retainer spring clipy things in the flex joints?
Hmmm...
Maybe they are so cheap because they figure your time and hassle of putting the retainer spring clipy things into the bitch joints has got to be worth something!
post #14 of 15 Old 05-29-2011, 07:31 AM
Rock God

From the pictures on the website it looks like one side has a spanner nut and the other has the snap ring. You could build it putting the spanner in last or if the inner races are too tight you can put the joint in vice and compress it with a combination of large sockets til you can get the snap ring in and finish tightening it with the spanner nut. The joints just look like a lesser quality Johnny Joint.

Like us on

post #15 of 15 Old 06-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenFoo View Post
Typically the price differential is due to materials used. Thicker DOM tubing used on the arms, higher quality joints....etc
Typically doesn't mean always. Typically, well marketed/advertised products cost more purely because they're more heavily marketed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVet82 View Post
I know alot of people like to dog Rough Country, but I like my lift.

I agree. While they've made some errors in sending what I was asking for when seeking specific pieces rather than a kit, they certainly try very hard to satisfy customers. I'm on a 2.5" RC coil lift and shocks with dual SS and am very satisfied. Then I used the money I saved on all that to buy the superchips.

Always follow a great leader. In the absence of a great leader, BE ONE.

Last edited by diver_matt; 06-04-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode