jk dash lights that get stuck on...take out? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

jk dash lights that get stuck on...take out?

posting a new idea, has anyone tried to pull bulbs out of the dash lights (dummy lights) have brake light stuck on tried everything no one has any clue can you just rip out a buld or something so u dont see the the bright trouble code lights...theres nothing wrong and I woud know if my parking break is on obviously. took apart entire ebrake system under console under chassis, and even unplugged the sensors under the hood still lit up like a christmas tree... by the way so last resort.. Im guessing its a computer board with leds so it may not even be possible... any thoughts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-18-2011, 06:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Unplugging things is not going to make the light go away. As I understand they are soldered to the board. No bulbs to pull. Get it diagnosed.

Sent via paper airplane

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-18-2011, 12:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

black electrical tape? thats what i put over my "hi beam indicator" since its so freaking bright.

2008 steel blue sahara
with some doo-dads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leman View Post
black electrical tape? thats what i put over my "hi beam indicator" since its so freaking bright.
Yup, lights are soldered to the circuit board and I was afraid I would damage it if I tried to remove them. I just put a small piece of electrical tape on the back side of the instrument panel over the lights I know are on constantly
post #5 of 5 Old 05-19-2011, 02:47 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

i pulled the cluster and "painted" over half my high beam LED with m-nu.. basically flat black enamel. worked great. still plainly visible at night. not too bright now.

as for the brake light... i guess tape would work. does in our Crown Vics at work.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode