Who has the best deal on the Rockkrawler tie rod? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-17-2011, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Who has the best deal on the Rockkrawler tie rod?

I bent my stocker and need to get it replaced ASAP. It uses the stock ends right? Will it fit with 15" wheels with 3.75 BS?

2010 Surf Blue Unlimited

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Granite Guru

Call Marcus at River City Offroad and tell him your deal. I'm sure he can lead you in the right direction.

832-526-2415
post #3 of 13 Old 05-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4tn View Post
I bent my stocker and need to get it replaced ASAP. It uses the stock ends right? Will it fit with 15" wheels with 3.75 BS?
I dont think it uses the stock ends from the tie rod, it uses the stock ends from the drag link, so you will have to buy 2 new tie rod ends any way.

Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-17-2011, 06:25 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT1 View Post
I dont think it uses the stock ends from the tie rod, it uses the stock ends from the drag link, so you will have to buy 2 new tie rod ends any way.
Correct. We would also be more than willing to help get this fixed for you. RK has a great Tie Rod but we also carry others. We could go over them and see which one best fits your needs. Let us know how we can help!

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #5 of 13 Old 05-17-2011, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I am still debating. I just spent $5k on tires, gears, and a locker then go out and break my steering stabilizer and bend the tie rod lol. I can go stock for both for just over a $100 and know it all fits. But I cant bring myself to replace with stock parts lol.

I would order what upgrade I need on the cheap side but I need to know if it will fit with 15x8 rims with 3.75 BS and 35x12.5's

2010 Surf Blue Unlimited

post #6 of 13 Old 05-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I am still debating. I just spent $5k on tires, gears, and a locker then go out and break my steering stabilizer and bend the tie rod lol. I can go stock for both for just over a $100 and know it all fits. But I cant bring myself to replace with stock parts lol.

I would order what upgrade I need on the cheap side but I need to know if it will fit with 15x8 rims with 3.75 BS and 35x12.5's
I'm in a similar boat as you. I'm thinking about just getting a whole upgraded steering kit for the time being to get me by until I do a major upgrade. The stock stuff dont take abuse very well, but its cheap to replace. The Jeep dealer sells steering parts cheaper than I can buy the stuff and I own an auto parts store. I'm finding this to be a common place anymore in the business. No longer are the dealers able to rape and pillage and they are becoming reasonable on selling parts if you find the right one.
post #7 of 13 Old 05-17-2011, 07:12 PM
VKS Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT1 View Post
You could also talk to this guy ^^^^ IMO theres is much nice than the RK because you dont have to bust the TRE loose from the knuckle every time to adjust toe. And this is coming from a guy that as owned both.

Handmade One At A Time

GIVE US A CALL 559-392-3145
post #8 of 13 Old 05-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Vick View Post
You could also talk to this guy ^^^^ IMO theres is much nice than the RK because you dont have to bust the TRE loose from the knuckle every time to adjust toe. And this is coming from a guy that as owned both.
How often are you needing to adjust your toe?

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
post #9 of 13 Old 05-17-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsys View Post
How often are you needing to adjust your toe?
My thought exactly. The RK seems the cheapest option. If you adjust your toe yourself it's not an issue. But a lot of places won't do it. I would be doing the work myself.

2010 Surf Blue Unlimited

post #10 of 13 Old 05-18-2011, 04:43 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
My thought exactly. The RK seems the cheapest option.
Cheapest ain't always the best though....

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #11 of 13 Old 05-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
Cheapest ain't always the best though....
True, but I believe it is in this case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

post #12 of 13 Old 05-18-2011, 06:10 PM
VKS Fab

So this is coming from a guy that owns an alignment shop. I like my shit right. My main problem with the RK TRE tube is that to adjust toe it needs to be a full rotation of a TRE when an adjustment is made. Unlike polys where it adjusts like the OEM. For me, one full rotation on the RK TRE equaled a little over 1/4 of movement toed in/out... so that wasn't acceptable for me. To others, maybe, just not me. And as far as making adjustment often, its all depends on how you wheel. After a hard weekend of wheeling up here in the sierras, beating up your tube, you'd be surprised on how far the toe can be off. But where I wheel its nothing but big rocks and my tie rod tube takes a beating.

Handmade One At A Time

GIVE US A CALL 559-392-3145
post #13 of 13 Old 05-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Granite Guru

We can give you a great deal on one as well and supply the factory tie rod ends that you need.

Note:I'm a vendor on here, I'm not logger into my vendor account.

Like us on

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode