RC 2.2 all the way 2 5.71%
Who need shocks, just fry up some bacon. 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-16-2011, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Rough Country 2.2 vs. Bilsteins

Pretty much know which direction Im going to go in... but looking for input on the Rough Country 2.2 shocks vs. the Bilstein 5100. At almost 60% of the cost of the Bilsteins, they are enticing.

Whats the general consensus? Are they good shocks? or should I go with Bilsteins?

Joe -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Rock God

I have never had the Bilstien's so I can't speak for them, someone else may be able to talk from both sides of the fence.

As for me I have the Rough Countrys, and they'll about rattle your teeth out if the pavement isn't smooth as glass. They're impressive off in the rocks though.

When I save up enough pennies, and it becomes a big enough priority, I'll probly go with the Bilstiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
Thats a special kind of stupid right there.......
post #3 of 11 Old 05-16-2011, 02:39 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Don't waste your money on the Rough Country 2.2s. I ran them on my wife's Jeep and they lasted less than 15K miles. Completely blown out to where the piston shaft would move freely in and out when you turned them upside down/right side up.

I sell Bilsteins for $337 delivered for a set of 4. Don't know what kind of price you've seen on them.

Marcus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Don't waste your money on the Rough Country 2.2s. I ran them on my wife's Jeep and they lasted less than 15K miles. Completely blown out to where the piston shaft would move freely in and out when you turned them upside down/right side up.

I sell Bilsteins for $337 delivered for a set of 4. Don't know what kind of price you've seen on them.

Marcus
love the bilsteins great ride on the hwy and plenty of travel off but all depends on the rest of the supension your running them with with i have the rk 3.5 x factor mid arm system compliments of a great deal from marcus at rco
post #5 of 11 Old 05-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Rock God

I have had both and the Bilsteins are a much smoother shock that are higher quality and increase ride comfort without any offroad sacrifice.

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
post #6 of 11 Old 05-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I ran RC crap on my TJ. Bilstein is a top notch shock. The 2 aren't even on the same planet. The old 'you get what you pay for' rule is true in this case.

My last set of RC shocks lasted about a year on my TJ and then leaked and went soft. My JK's Fox high $ ones have lasted 2 + uears and wont give up for many more and are re-buildable. Bilstein are in the same class. Just my .02 worth

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 05-17-2011 at 12:53 AM.
post #7 of 11 Old 05-17-2011, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Thanks guys. I didnt think I was going wrong with the Bilsteins... Marcus: I will be in touch in the next month or so... My TF 9550s are shot after wheelin this weekend, just need to get the cash together.

Joe -
-
-
-
post #8 of 11 Old 05-18-2011, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Alright... who voted for the RC shocks and why? shoulda made this a public poll

Joe -
-
-
-
post #9 of 11 Old 05-19-2011, 06:55 PM
JKO Addict!

You can't beat the Bilsteins. Check out eShocks, $75 EA.
post #10 of 11 Old 05-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Granite Guru

2.2's blow. waaaay too stiff

VOTE # 13 FOR 2011 TTC!!!!!
post #11 of 11 Old 02-29-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post

Marcus
going with bilstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode