how do I connect air lines for lockers wth tank - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-11-2011, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

how do I connect air lines for lockers wth tank

I am replacing my ARB compressor with the same model (CKMA12 locker and tire inflation) and adding a 2.5 gal tank.

Do I run 1 air line from compressor to the new tank and then 2 lockers off of the tank or do I connect the lockers to the comp and then run a separate line from comp to tank???

I see 3 ports but a pressure switch connects into 1 of them or is that where I would use the air line from comp to tank??

I finally ditched that "other" forum
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and coming to wheel on the dark side
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-11-2011, 08:04 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

ive never plumbed a locker but did plumb the air lines on my suburban for the airbags which may help.
i ran a line from the compressor with a check valve in it to the tank, the tank had a pressure switch and safty blow off on it and the solinoids were mounted on the tank then line went to the airbags.
how much pressure does a locker run off?

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #3 of 8 Old 05-11-2011, 08:09 AM
JKO Addict!

All you need to do is tap the line to the tank somewhere in the circuit where it can put reserve pressure on everything, like with a "T" in the line to the rear. I had a Kilby system on my old rig and we used plastic 18 wheeler air brake line & quick connect fittings to plumb the air chucks F&R and the manifold, which held the solenoid, etc. for the ARB and taps fro the chucks. I had a Detroit in the rear, the tank was just tapped into the line to the rear chuck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-11-2011, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I believe the lockers need around 90psi. I think I might be seeing how it goes now. 2 ports on the compressor tank would be lockers, and the third port, looks to me to install a connection for air line with the pressure switch T off, the a line to the new tank.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-11-2011, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks for the quick replies, I think that should work out

post #6 of 8 Old 05-11-2011, 08:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjay View Post
I believe the lockers need around 90psi. I think I might be seeing how it goes now. 2 ports on the compressor tank would be lockers, and the third port, looks to me to install a connection for air line with the pressure switch T off, the a line to the new tank.
Talk to ARB about the pressure. They told me I was fine running them at 150 PSI off of my CO2 tank. They actually like the lockers to get more than 90 psi. According to the ARB tech anything under 200 psi doesn't require a regulator. The more the better.

Call them yourself to verify. They are easy to get in touch with and happy to help.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Rock God

Garage

on mine we ran a line from the compressor to a block of 4 fittings, i.e. spod gauge, a quick fitting, pressure switch, and one line back to the tank, then i put a T on the tank with both lockers at one end, and there is another quick fitting at the other end of the tank, sounds complicated but it makes sense to me and has been very useful

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #8 of 8 Old 05-11-2011, 10:59 AM
JKO Addict!

I would run a line from your tank to a normal QD fitting in the passenger foot well area. then this to a T to your solenoids and then ARBs. This way should your compressor/tank take a shit you can plug a CO2 into it or have someone with a working OBA charge the lines to the ARB and lock them.
a few feet of extra line and a couple extra cheap fittings that could save your day on the trail in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode