Who has TRUE 2.5 -3" coils for a 2-dr? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-05-2011, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Who has TRUE 2.5 -3" coils for a 2-dr?

Since I took off my rear bumper and tire carrier, my Jeep is all azz-up like Eddie getting ready to take a train at the male hairdresser convention. I can't believe how much height came back - too much! It has Poly 4" coils on it now, which like all coils, go over the advertised height, sometimes by no small margin.

Does anyone make a true 2.5-3 inch coil for 2-doors? Some vendors advertise them as such but we all know what happens when you put them on a lighter 2-dr when they are designed to achieve a minimum lift on a loaded fat-ass 4-dr. Next thing you know you're staring at four and half inches of lift and back where you started.

Does such a thing even exist or am I better off just using spacers? I'd much rather go the coil route instead of spacers, but if the shoe fits better....

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Granite Guru

Why not use our shorter springs in the back?

Or are you trying to raise the front to level it out?

PPM-8064-20 should level that thing out so that its not stink bug. i think you have the 8064-30 ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the sig for everything you need to build a JEEP... 805-706-0232
NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY !!!

----> Click and download the new catalog!!!

post #3 of 13 Old 05-05-2011, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Hey Thean!

I've got the 8064-30s in there and the 8063-30s in the front. I'm going to need all 4 coils....between the bumper, skid, carrier, and spare (now inside) I took more than 300 pounds off of the ass end of the Jeep and now it's showing its brown eye with a vengeance. I'll be losing some pork from the front as well, but in this case, 'only' about 160 pounds. Haven't done the front yet, hence the stance.

I had the 806X-20s all the way around before and before bumpers and such it was still pushing quite a bit of lift!

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 05-05-2011, 03:46 PM
JKO Addict!

What size tires are you running again?

I have 2.5" Rock Krawler springs and dont have any bumpers or armor added yet other than the spare 37" laying in the trunk. I can take some measurements (give me a reference point that you would like to use) and I can give you an idea of lift height.

I do have a 4 door though...
post #5 of 13 Old 05-05-2011, 04:00 PM
JKO Addict!

i got right around 3.25 out of my coils...2dr soft top but my coils werent 2-4dr specific there ok but i been looking at RK 2.5 coils..sense im sure there better quality

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #6 of 13 Old 05-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Defector View Post
Hey Thean!

I've got the 8064-30s in there and the 8063-30s in the front. I'm going to need all 4 coils....between the bumper, skid, carrier, and spare (now inside) I took more than 300 pounds off of the ass end of the Jeep and now it's showing its brown eye with a vengeance. I'll be losing some pork from the front as well, but in this case, 'only' about 160 pounds. Haven't done the front yet, hence the stance.

I had the 806X-20s all the way around before and before bumpers and such it was still pushing quite a bit of lift!
Id dial that front in & then make your adjustments.

Click the sig for everything you need to build a JEEP... 805-706-0232
NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY !!!

----> Click and download the new catalog!!!

post #7 of 13 Old 05-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Granite Guru

Teraflex makes 2dr specific 2.5" coils that actually lift 2.5"

I happen to have a set brand new in the box for sale, I went higher.
post #8 of 13 Old 05-05-2011, 06:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

OME 4dr heavy's 619/618 on my 2dr are a solid 3" even with armor/bumper full size spare on back hardtop and the back seat in
post #9 of 13 Old 05-06-2011, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

For some reason Teraflex is awfully proud of their springs - $233 a pair!! As opposed to about a buck-fifty from either RK or Poly. They can keep 'em.

Alasha, I appreciate the offer but at this point my Jeep has been lifted for so long I can't even remember a good reference point for determining actual lift. I could probably use the AEV drop bracket instruction manual, that's got some good height measurement instructions in it. Your Jeep looks GOOD with that setup, but may give me a bit too much lift. I've got 35s on my 2-dr.

-Milton Friedman
post #10 of 13 Old 05-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Granite Guru

Rusty's off road 2" springs i have just over 2.5 in the rear and a bit over 2.5 in the front with stock bumpers and 33" tires with spare on a 2 door.

2008 Black X 2" Rusty's lift, 33's XRC rear Bumper ( Traded in on Arctic)
2012 Arctic Edition (Traded in on Truck )
post #11 of 13 Old 05-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Rock God

Since you already have Poly/Synergy coils, you have a good baseline to figure out exactly what Synergy coils you need. All our coils are the same rate, just different lift heights. How much do you want to lower the Jeep? Since you have -30 coils, if you want to lower by 1", you need to get -20 coils. We will have -10 coils in a few months, if you want to go -2 in the rear.

Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that do!
post #12 of 13 Old 05-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Rock God

Garage

^^^^^^ Sounds like a plan to me. I understand the frustration. The only way to actually know is to try them out and you do already have the poly, known value....so it should work.

I'm sure I'll have couple of sets of rear springs setting around due to the same type issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual_mage View Post
.....a dark forum, were people would sometimes be rude but yet be helpful.
JK 2dr rubi

post #13 of 13 Old 05-09-2011, 12:17 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT1 View Post
Since you already have Poly/Synergy coils, you have a good baseline to figure out exactly what Synergy coils you need. All our coils are the same rate, just different lift heights. How much do you want to lower the Jeep? Since you have -30 coils, if you want to lower by 1", you need to get -20 coils. We will have -10 coils in a few months, if you want to go -2 in the rear.
Definitely take Poly's advise on this one. You already have a known frame of reference with them so making the changed you want and getting what you are looking for should be really easy with them.

RK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode