Coverking - Just Installed - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage
Coverking - Just Installed

I ordered a set of Coverkings after much debate with the wife over a set of Iggee simulated leather seat covers.

They came in today, roughly a month after I ordered them... and I have to say, they were definitely worth the wait!

These are some very high quality, well made seat covers! They fit the JK seats like a glove and I was even able to source a few cuts and blood during the install. I am calling this one a success! Ha ha!

They added at least a quarter inch of cushion to the seats and the fit and form is just awesome. They installed without instructions in about an hour, and in the dark.

If you're in the market for seat covers I highly recommend these covers. Let me know if you want to try a set out in your ride! I've got the hook up, holler if you hear me.

I will post some pictures tomorrow when the good wife returns in her trusty steed.

My apologies if these pictures aren't professional quality, I was in a hurry:

Look at how snug they fit the seat:

Our JKU has the airbag seats so I opted for these. They flop around a bit but I used a piece of 3M auto trim double sided tape and it's good to go. That stuff is magical.

Rear of front seat:

Rear:

Excellent fit and finish...awesome!

Marcus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 04-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Rock God

What is the texture of the covers? I hated my neoprene covers during the summer...I'd imagine leather would be the same. Do these 'breathe' at all?

Kyle
[email protected]
post #3 of 56 Old 04-28-2011, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackr6 View Post
What is the texture of the covers? I hated my neoprene covers during the summer...I'd imagine leather would be the same. Do these 'breathe' at all?

Kyle
[email protected]
These are neoprene covers. From the time that I pulled them out of the packing earlier to tonight they have remained cool to the touch. Not room temperature, literally cool. Kinda weird.

I'll know more after this weekend. I'm going on a beach fishing trip and plan to run around half nude all weekend. Full report sometime soon!

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 Old 04-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Pictures or it didn't happen

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #5 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 05:18 AM
Rock God

Garage

Let's clarify here for Marcus, shall we?

Marcus, we want pics of the new seat covers installed....

NOT pictures of you running around this weekend half nude.

I'm just sayin brother....

Didn't want you to get confused with the request.....

post #6 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 06:07 AM
Granite Guru

Wear the hat!
post #7 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 06:14 AM
Rock God

Have these in my jeep, and you will be happy with them.

08 jk unlimited X
1 ton axles
39.5 Iroks

post #8 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 11:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redx08 View Post
Have these in my jeep, and you will be happy with them.
Me too. Good covers.
post #9 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 11:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

What beach you headed to? If Galveston, i might be down to share a brew with you if we get the lifts swapped over on by boys 2 tj's.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #10 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 11:17 AM
JKO Addict!

I've got 'em too, and echo everything you said. They are superior in every way to the Wet Okoles I tried the first time around. Much better covers, and a lower price to boot.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #11 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I will post pictures this evening!

Marcus

post #12 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee1669 View Post
What beach you headed to? If Galveston, i might be down to share a brew with you if we get the lifts swapped over on by boys 2 tj's.
I'm actually going to Port Aransas this weekend. My mother in law has a bar down there and they are having an up and coming country singer play there. John Wolfe I think...my brother in law put it together so I'm going to show my support....and fish. LOL

I'll be down at Crystal Beach sometime this summer, my folks have a place down there. I will let you know when!

Marcus

post #13 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 11:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

How is the UV protection? I originally wanted Wet Oaklee but heard they fade bad.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #14 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
I ordered a set of Coverkings after much debate with the wife over a set of Iggee simulated leather seat covers.

They came in today, roughly a month after I ordered them... and I have to say, they were definitely worth the wait!

These are some very high quality, well made seat covers! They fit the JK seats like a glove and I was even able to source a few cuts and blood during the install. I am calling this one a success!

They added at least a quarter inch of cushion to the seats and the fit and form is just awesome. They installed without instructions in about an hour, and in the dark.

If you're in the market for seat covers I highly recommend these covers. Let me know if you want to try a set out in your ride! I've got the hook up, holler if you hear me.

I will post some pictures tomorrow when the good wife returns in her trusty steed.

Marcus
What he said

I ordered these from Marcus and they are awesome!!!!! Of course, like him, it took a while for Coverking to get their shit together and actually send them...but they are so worth the wait! The seats are far more comfortable than they were stock. There is lots of padding and the neoprene seems to be less slippery then the stock seats.
Thanks again for everything Marcus!!

If anyone is planning on getting these...get them thru River City Offroad!!!!

2008 2 Door Sahara, OME HD lift kit, AEV Pintlers, BFG MT KM2s, AEV Front Bumper, PIAAs, 5:13 Gears, Mygig w/Nav

post #15 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Granite Guru

So the better half came home after all...

And pics or it didn't happen for sure...

2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod Lift : Bilstein 5100's Front & Back : Rock Krawler Discos : 35X12.5X17 Goodyear MTR/K's : 2" Rock Krawler Stackable Bumpstops F/R : ProComp 7089's 17x9 4.75BS : Poison Spyder Evap Skid : Poison Spyder Brawler Lite : Spiderwebshade - Trailmesh : Recon 10,500lb Winch : Olympic Rock Sliders : Hella Black Magic Lights

post #16 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
How is the UV protection? I originally wanted Wet Oaklee but heard they fade bad.
Hey Mike!

I am unsure of the exact UV rating, but these are made out of CR-Grade Neoprene. I would expect anything to fade if left in the sun long enough, but these things are very rich in color. I think it'll take a lot for them to fade out.

post #17 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydawn View Post
What he said

I ordered these from Marcus and they are awesome!!!!! Of course, like him, it took a while for Coverking to get their shit together and actually send them...but they are so worth the wait! The seats are far more comfortable than they were stock. There is lots of padding and the neoprene seems to be less slippery then the stock seats.
Thanks again for everything Marcus!!

If anyone is planning on getting these...get them thru River City Offroad!!!!
Thank you Dawn! I hated the wait that you were forced to endure but I enjoyed our conversations about window lickers and incompetence! LOL!

Thank you so much for your support!

Marcus

post #18 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Added photos!

post #19 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Granite Guru

Marcus how much shipped to 83128 same color with out air bag.stuff
post #20 of 56 Old 04-29-2011, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I don't want to turn this into a sale ad, but I'm going to do these art $275 for the set of front and rears delivered for you guys. I"ll make a formal post next week.

The 2 door and 4 door versions are the same cost.

Glad to hear everyone who has these is happy with them. I'm very confident in this product and very impressed!

Marcus

post #21 of 56 Old 04-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Rock God

Garage

Those look good man. I've got Wet Okole's on my "to get list" but hell, those look just as good from the pics (and for a lot less centavos!).....

Keep us informed on how they do!

post #22 of 56 Old 04-30-2011, 06:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice!!! The list never stops!

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #23 of 56 Old 04-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Granite Guru

Marcus,

Interested on how you feel they are after the weekend of driving/sitting in them. Worried about the neoprene and the Texas heat but I suspect its probably no worse that the cloth seats.

Added to the list
post #24 of 56 Old 04-30-2011, 10:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

What about just the front?

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #25 of 56 Old 04-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Rock God

Those look great Marcus!

V8 YJ/TJ hybrid on tons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode