Gear install with Adrenaline Off Road in MD - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-22-2011, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Gear install with Adrenaline Off Road in MD

I dropped my JK off with them today, Lets hope this thread goes better then the last one titled similar

Sorry Constantine

I left it in the trusted hands of Jeff and his crew to put in some long needed 5.13s. I have known them for a while when I was living in Maryland and they are now a new vendor here.

I will let you know how it works out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-22-2011, 05:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've had nothing but great experiences with Jeff. AOR has done everything I couldn't or didn't have the gear to do myself. Going there on Monday for some welding and a lift kit switch.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #3 of 11 Old 05-03-2011, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

OMFG!!!?? I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS SHIT Q!!!!!!!BGBSNBVHJS!!!

That nothing bad happened quite the opposite actually.

I got the 5.13's installed and the dude doing his gears is VERY anal retentive. Documenting EVERYTHINg including crap that I had no idea about (like there was a LOT of rust in the rear, but not the front..odd) and my front brakes need replacing
Anyway they call me up because there is some weird vibration at speed and he wants me to check it out because every jeep is unique in the odd-highway crap it does.
So I take it up to 60 and you can feel it. We pull the front shaft and it "appears to go away" (front driveshaft was toast) But later on in the week I notice it is still there but only at 60 and above and bad on the deaceleration. So I toss it on the lift and checking everything I see it.

I bent the fawk out of my rear shaft AOR was nice enough to swap me with a factory one they had laying around the shop and TAADAAAA no vibes (other than the tires). There was even a small seal leak that when they pulled the rear shaft was most likely a piece of rust. But instead of just cleaning it and re-install they pulled the shaft, cleaned the housing again and replaced the entire seal/bearing just to be safe.

GREAT shop to deal with and prices that quite literally made me drive from Virginia to Maryland to have then do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Granite Guru

GREAT NEWS!!!!!! Glad to hear about someone local that does awesome work....
post #5 of 11 Old 05-03-2011, 09:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Jeff and his guys are top notch!! Honest and reliable. They did my gears about a year ago and I've never had an issue ...except OEM driveshafts wearing out ...but that I expected.

AOR is very anal retentive ...and it reflects in the outstanding quality of their work.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #6 of 11 Old 05-04-2011, 07:13 AM

This is great news! I have been emailing back and forth with Jeff for a few months now about regearing to 4.88s (6 speed) when i get back from my current deployment. He has been extremely helpful and their prices are the most reasonable I've found in the area. How difficult was it for you to get in? How long did it take to get your rig back?
post #7 of 11 Old 05-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Granite Guru

we just got my front gears installed last weekend, waiting till this weekend to finish the rears ..... i too am going to a 4.88.... from a 3.21 6 spd ... cant wait to feel it!! btw... where are you? my brother is in the sand box too

There is no such thing as "one too many" ... and there is no such thing as a "finished jeep" project
post #8 of 11 Old 05-04-2011, 08:25 AM
JKowners Vendor

We have been doing business with Jeff ever since we bought the company back in 2003. Jeff and his crew have made it through the good times and bad so that has to tell you something about his business and how he treats customers. AOR is a good group of guys with solid skill sets for this industry.

Rock Krawler (Jeremy)
post #9 of 11 Old 05-04-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzer View Post
we just got my front gears installed last weekend, waiting till this weekend to finish the rears ..... i too am going to a 4.88.... from a 3.21 6 spd ... cant wait to feel it!! btw... where are you? my brother is in the sand box too
Awesome. I'm going from 3.73s but still anxious to feel the difference. First I need to get out of here. lol. I'm in Iraq and it's starting to get hot again. wish your brother luck and tell him to keep his head down.
post #10 of 11 Old 05-04-2011, 11:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Not to hijack but I saw a pic of usmcfoc's jeep and was wondering where did ya get the mirrors

Sent from my smoke signals
post #11 of 11 Old 05-04-2011, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb2010 View Post
Not to hijack but I saw a pic of usmcfoc's jeep and was wondering where did ya get the mirrors

Sent from my smoke signals
Liquid Iron Industries, they are made for race vehicles so when you order them you will need to tell them to add like 2-3" on the passenger side if you plan on mounting them on a windshield bar and not have the door smack into them when adjusted to work.

Or just do it yourself like I did
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode