Got my pro-cal box from Northridge - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 04-20-2011, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Got my pro-cal box from Northridge

I was happy to receive my UPS shipment from Northridge yesterday. My Pro-cal had arrived. Or so I thought. When I opened the pro-cal box, it was empty.
Somewhere between the time it was first packaged and the time it was sent to me, some dirtbag opened the box, removed the pro-cal module, and resealed the box with identical tape as was used the first time the box was sealed.
Dave at Northridge was appropriately shocked when I called to tell him about the empty box.
Another one will be shipped directly from AEV.
The Pro-Cal is not that expensive. but someone still saw fit to violate his or her employers trust and risk losing their job over a few bucks. As Ron White says "you can't fix STUPID."
Thanks to Dave for dealing with this empty box issue so quickly.
Hopefully the next box isn't empty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 04-20-2011, 03:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

well that sucks, but it would definitely be reason enough to consider ordering from someone who supports THIS forum instead of the "other" one next time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #3 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Next time I will check first.
But I don't believe this was Northridge's fault. I suspect the box got to them empty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
well that sucks, but it would definitely be reason enough to consider ordering from someone who supports THIS forum instead of the "other" one next time.
I don't see what forums have to do with it. Sounds like Dave was quick to make it right and get another sent out asap. That's customer service, regadless who or what they support.

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
post #5 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 03:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
I don't see what forums have to do with it. Sounds like Dave was quick to make it right and get another sent out asap. That's customer service, regadless who or what they support.
point is, could have gotten the same customer service from a vendor that actually supports THIS board instead on nazi-land.

Quote:
post #6 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
point is, could have gotten the same customer service from a vendor that actually supports THIS board instead on nazi-land.

X2
post #7 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I've never been on the "other forum." Many vendors here are on all the Jeep Forums. So it didn't even occur to me to check.
post #8 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Granite Guru

Man that is just wrong. Hope you get your pro cal soon.
post #9 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Wheeler

Glad Dave made it right for you. Always great customer service.

It's funny that no one at the 'other' forum has their panties in a wad about this one.
post #10 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 07:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUConrad View Post
G
It's funny that no one at the 'other' forum has their panties in a wad about this one.
do you have any idea what you're actually talking about?
you arent even allowed to MENTION this forum over there, so you won't see anyone get their "panties in a wad" because it will be deleted and the user banned before you see it.

all I was saying when my panties apparently got into a wad , was that northridge is very closely allied with jkf.
JKF is naziland, try to post openly or even pm another user about any product that doesnt pay them and see how that goes.
So why not support vendors that support this forum instead of that one?

Quote:
post #11 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 10:23 PM
JKowners Vendor

Glad you got it resolved - hope the next time you are looking to make a purchase or seek advice please consider giving us a shot. They aren't the only shop that offers free shipping

Cheers,
Bond
post #12 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 10:40 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL OFFROAD View Post
Glad you got it resolved - hope the next time you are looking to make a purchase or seek advice please consider giving us a shot. They aren't the only shop that offers free shipping

Cheers,
Bond
Bond - I didn't realize you carried AEV. I will happliy refer AEV customers over to you.

Marcus

post #13 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Granite Guru

Ef Eddie and Ef JKF

Therefore

Ef North Ridge....

David gave me a good deal on one order and good customer service on all my other orders but I have decided to support JKO and it's vendors instead.

Why would I support a vendor on a forum that does not support me getting the right part for my needs, not just the ones from people that pay him the most???

David lost about 7K in business from me the day Eddie and his douche squad decided to ban me.

So Jason and Krawl Offroad got my monies instead

Suk it eddie
post #14 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Rock God

Alot of fail in this thread. I do buy everything from marcus, but have nothing bad to say about David. David is on multiple sites besides jk-f. Some of these guys have never even spoken to David, but dislike him because of the hate that this forum has for NR4x4 because he advertises on jk-f. I maintain an account on jk-f, but do not visit often. I do support this site, as you can see by my red star, and I buy from this site vendor. I have nothing but good things to say about Dave. Marcus is just willing to go an extra mile to get the exact products I want, and I like helping out a guy getting started.

The pro-cal is easy to use, you will like it once you get a full box.

08 jk unlimited X
1 ton axles
39.5 Iroks

Last edited by redx08; 04-21-2011 at 11:24 PM.
post #15 of 19 Old 04-22-2011, 07:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redx08 View Post
Alot of fail in this thread. I do buy everything from marcus, but have nothing bad to say about David. David is on multiple sites besides jk-f. Some of these guys have never even spoken to David, but dislike him because of the hate that this forum has for NR4x4 because he advertises on jk-f. I maintain an account on jk-f, but do not visit often. I do support this site, as you can see by my red star, and I buy from this site vendor. I have nothing but good things to say about Dave. Marcus is just willing to go an extra mile to get the exact products I want, and I like helping out a guy getting started.

The pro-cal is easy to use, you will like it once you get a full box.
^^

To the OP: Sucks to hear that you got an empty box! You will enjoy the ProCal, once you actually get one ......... The user interface could be a little more modern (dip switches.... really? ), but it has some cool features.

Aside from him being on JKF, I have nothing but good things to say about David @ NR4x4. He is also active on other Jeep boards, as mentioned. And my experiences with buying from him have all been top notch.

Maybe one day, he will see the light and get away from JKF. If so, I hope he decides to become a vendor here.

Anthony

AMP

'07 JKUR, Steel Blue, Spun Main Bearing Mod @ 46k miles
My new engine is a four letter word ..............
post #16 of 19 Old 04-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by redx08 View Post
Alot of fail in this thread. I do buy everything from marcus, but have nothing bad to say about David. David is on multiple sites besides jk-f. Some of these guys have never even spoken to David, but dislike him because of the hate that this forum has for NR4x4 because he advertises on jk-f. I maintain an account on jk-f, but do not visit often. I do support this site, as you can see by my red star, and I buy from this site vendor. I have nothing but good things to say about Dave. Marcus is just willing to go an extra mile to get the exact products I want, and I like helping out a guy getting started..
I have spoken to David many times and ordered from him on several occasions as well. As I said he never gave me bad customer service, he did not always give me a good deal either though.

I still say ef david, ef eddie, and ef jkf.

How come David can have a presence on other sites but not the JKO??? Do you think Eddie threatens to ban David if he were to become active on JKO? Plenty of others have a presence on both???

So yeah I have something bad to say about David. Whenever David stops sucking the eddie tit milk I could support him again but not until then...
post #17 of 19 Old 04-26-2011, 12:13 AM
Rock God

Garage

Who knows why they aren't on here. I know they do sell products banned and blacklisted by JK-F.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/search....act&nobox=true

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
post #18 of 19 Old 04-26-2011, 12:28 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
Who knows why they aren't on here. I know they do sell products banned and blacklisted by JK-F.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/search....act&nobox=true
Wait a minute....really? JK-F bans and blacklists products on their site? Wow, now Ive heard it all....
post #19 of 19 Old 04-26-2011, 12:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
Wait a minute....really? JK-F bans and blacklists products on their site? Wow, now Ive heard it all....
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not because you're new but no, you cannot mention Poly Performance, sPod, Safari Straps, or many other great vendors (who are all supporters here minus Safari Straps) without getting the BAN HAMMER on JK-F. It's some enraging bullshit.

Wait, aren't we in tech?

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode