Big thanks to Hoyt4x4 for the Pitbull Rockers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 04-19-2011, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.
Big thanks to Hoyt4x4 for the Pitbull Rockers

Tis the season (EJS) when you have the hardest time finding Jeep products for your rig to order, but I do this to myself every year!

For the past 8 months I've had a war with myself over Goodyear MTRs and Pitbull Rockers in 37x12.5R17 being my next tire choice (since they both offer a narrower 12.5" wide tire compared to my 13.5" Mud Grapplers). Well in finding out about the huge back-order on the Goodyears I decided to go back to my original choice... Pitbull Rockers it was!

So I get my quotes together... from every vendor on JKO that carries these puppies. Took about a week to slowly send out my inquiry and receive my quotes. Turn around the next week to place my order and WTF... NOW THEY'RE BACK-ORDERED!

But alas... one vendor here actually had them in his possession!

HUGE THANKS to Hoyt4x4 of Pinellas Park, Florida (bobtail82 here on JKO) for coming through in a BIG way for me! These are the first step to my rebuild/fender widening project to get the JK back on the road and in accordance to Maine inspection laws.

and of course...

So the plan will be to mount these, remove my current 1.5" Spidertrax spacers, check for clearance/trim if needed, and then extend my ORE fenders to provide required tire coverage. Been working with county sheriffs and a local 4x4 shop/club for guidance. Then the beast will be back!

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by .:eMETAL:.; 04-19-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I sometimes wish that I had gone with those. No complaints with my MTR's, but every time I see those Pitbull's, I like them more and more. Such a damn aggressive tread design.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 16 Old 04-19-2011, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

can't wait to get these bad boys on. really wanted the MTRs due to their better snow rating but the pitbulls have been in my vision for quite some time now.

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Awesome tread!!! Maine laws pretty strict?

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #5 of 16 Old 04-19-2011, 04:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Nice man! I think they will be my upgrade when i burn these grapplers down. Maybe I should do burnouts at every stop light
post #6 of 16 Old 04-19-2011, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-jeep View Post
Awesome tread!!! Maine laws pretty strict?
yeah... take California and then try and out do them! with exception of emissions.

post #7 of 16 Old 04-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Rock God

i loved my rockers!!! and i didn't have any issues with them in the snow at all! now i need new tires and in radials, they have odd sizes. I havn't found anyone who carries the 41" yet but i have been told they havn't been released yet either. :-( why is it hard to get 40" tires???
post #8 of 16 Old 04-21-2011, 04:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_rubi View Post
i loved my rockers!!! and i didn't have any issues with them in the snow at all! now i need new tires and in radials, they have odd sizes. I havn't found anyone who carries the 41" yet but i have been told they havn't been released yet either. :-( why is it hard to get 40" tires???
Its just as hard to get a 37 for a 16 inch wheel. Pit Bull Rockers were supposed to be available in the radial in a 37x12.5r16 size at the end of April. Its the end of April and I don't see much changing. Probably going to stick with KM2s since I can keep my wheels

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #9 of 16 Old 04-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Granite Guru

I really like the look of the pitbull tires. Sweet looking Jeep.
post #10 of 16 Old 04-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Rock God

great choice.. looks great ! i just got some myself... also had the mudgrapplers... cant wait to get the pitbulls rolling.... oh also nice to hear you are keeping the EVO flares and extendeding them... gonna look sick !
post #11 of 16 Old 04-21-2011, 07:38 PM
JKO Addict!

I have a set of these too in the 35 12.5 15 flavor. Im just waiting for wheels and then its on! The rocks are going to cringe this year!

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #12 of 16 Old 04-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Rock God

Tires look great! Whats the wear like on these? And are they pretty loud?
post #13 of 16 Old 04-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerblackout08 View Post
Tires look great! Whats the wear like on these? And are they pretty loud?
I've got a couple hundred miles on my rockers now and to me they aren't that loud considering how aggressive their tread is. I can't tell you about wear as I don't drive mine enough to wear them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #14 of 16 Old 04-22-2011, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

looking forward to providing a loudness report as i owned the mud grapplers for almost their entire life and they are one of the loudest out there... or i should say high pitched loudest.

will report back in a few weeks when the rig comes outta the shop.

post #15 of 16 Old 04-22-2011, 03:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Tires look great! Whats the wear like on these?
Dont know?

Quote:
And are they pretty loud
Dont care! They look sweet! and should perform very well in offroad!

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #16 of 16 Old 04-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Granite Guru

I am in the same boat, I have 37 MTR Kevlars on back order with a major distributer and they can not give me an arival date. I may try to get my money back and get 37 Rocker Radials.

2011 4DR Rubi
rugged ridge fenders
38" KM2's on Pro Comp wheels
5.38 gears, Frt and Rear Ten Factory Axle shafts
2.5 RK Max Travel w/ Bilsten 5160's & 1.25 in body lift
c gussets, G2 Diff covers, & Poly Ball Joints
Metal Cloak stinger frt bpr w/ warn winch
Road Armor Rr Bpr

Going on soon!!
PSC Rocker Knockers
line-x tub

2005 Power Wagon on 35's
35" KM2's, XD Rockstar wheels, Tiregate, 2" lift, Frt lightbar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode