shock options for mostly stock unlimited Rubi - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-18-2011, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

shock options for mostly stock unlimited Rubi

I decided the JK would be worthy and I'm modifying vex2.. KIDDING!

So I'm replacing my springs and shocks without lifting. I'm getting custom springs built that are significantly stiffer and built to handle the load of the steel bumpers, winch, yada yada.

Where I find myself without many options is replacing the shocks. I see Rancho 9000xl and Superlift Superrides. Everything else I look at I can only find for lifted Jeeps.(fox, king, blistein, etc)

I assume I should go for the ranchos? Other alternatives I'm not seeing?

'08 unlimited rubicon with mopar offroad bumpers, warn winch, and gobi roof rack. Who needs more? Now wants more....on the other hand...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-18-2011, 11:23 AM
JKowners Vendor

So, your looking to replace the stock shock on the stock setup? We can help you with that.... PM heading your way to get more info.

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #3 of 7 Old 04-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Rock God

Dude, if you are going through the effort, might as well do the Rock Krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100 shocks. You will get an improved ride as well as more ground clearance. Very affordable too. And no air compressor needed.
It will leave you set up for bigger rubber when you (and your budget) are ready.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-18-2011, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishgutz View Post
Dude, if you are going through the effort, might as well do the Rock Krawler 2.5" stock mod with Bilstein 5100 shocks. You will get an improved ride as well as more ground clearance. Very affordable too. And no air compressor needed.
It will leave you set up for bigger rubber when you (and your budget) are ready.
Appreciate the thought, but no plans to lift. No desire to futz with it.

'08 unlimited rubicon with mopar offroad bumpers, warn winch, and gobi roof rack. Who needs more? Now wants more....on the other hand...
post #5 of 7 Old 04-18-2011, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Oh...and not to mention when I measured the garage door opening I'd have to build a new garage or modify the roof rack to pull in if I lift it. Hence, no interest.

post #6 of 7 Old 04-18-2011, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Jason had an interesting suggestion - anyone running custom RK shocks? or RK shocks in general?

"We can look at the shocks from RK"..."I can send them the specs on your springs and they should be able to custome valve us a set"..."They are not adjustable on the fly though but would be built for your springs."

post #7 of 7 Old 04-18-2011, 04:43 PM
JKO Addict!

Rock Krawler is a pretty damn good choice since they will come custom valved.

Fox just released OEM shocks for the JK (I saw them in the latest Quadratec Catalog)

I Think King also makes OE shocks and so does Bilstein.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode