Poly Lift ??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 10-26-2007, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Poly Lift ???

Does anyone have the Poly lift ? The more I read up on it the more I like it ...

A little pricier than the others but I wonder if its worth it...

Any input on it would help ....

I say If im gonna do a lift Im just gonna do it right one time

Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Rock God

You won't find any one that has one since we haven't shipped any yet, the kits will be shipping in 2 weeks. We sell all the component parts separately also. The key feature that sets ours apart from other kits (and adds to the cost) is that we use adjustable Johnny Joints and a left-right adjuster sleeve on all the arms and track bars. You do not have to take the arm off to adjust and there are no big jam nuts to try to tighten but always loosen up. It is very similer to the stock JK tie rod adjustment, just loosen a pinch bolt and turn the adjuster sleeve in or out. We designed a complete suspension system so everything works wells together, we have done extensive spring and shock tuning so the jeep work well on-road and off-road.

Post up and specific questions you have and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that do!
post #3 of 14 Old 10-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Granite Guru

I rode in Goats SWB JK in some dunes and for having a small wheelbase rides alot nicer than any TJ ive ridden in. especially once he had the Fox shocks dialed in. Oh yeah that pic in petersons of it airborn is preety F*awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 10-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Rock God

Well, there are a lot of guys that use Poly to "build" their suspensions. Not just to order their parts but for advice when ordering as well. Guys that are building buggies, truggies or building up TJs, YJs, CJs and such seem to use Poly a lot
post #5 of 14 Old 10-26-2007, 01:08 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblehoppertj View Post
I say If im gonna do a lift Im just gonna do it right one time
I can tell you from experience that is the right way to think. If I were buying a kit today, Poly would be at the top of my list.
post #6 of 14 Old 10-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Alec W

Im planning on a Synergy III kit with Fox shocks when mine is delivered (about a month from now).
post #7 of 14 Old 10-26-2007, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your input guys...now I gotta work on the FINANCIAL MINISTER aka wife about the funds

This kit seems to be just what I need !
post #8 of 14 Old 10-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Wheeler

What is the best shock option Poly can offer? Are you limited to the 2" body shocks on the JK or can you step up to 2.5" body shocks?

How about some air-bumps? Are you guys planning on offering anything?
post #9 of 14 Old 10-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieser View Post
What is the best shock option Poly can offer? Are you limited to the 2" body shocks on the JK or can you step up to 2.5" body shocks?

How about some air-bumps? Are you guys planning on offering anything?
The fox 2.0 remote reservoir with the compression adjuster is the best we currently offer. We are working on 2.5" shocks and air bumps. Air bumps are definitely useful but not always 2.5" shocks. There are clearance issues with 2.5" shocks, the advantage of a larger shock like a 2.5 is that they will last longer before they fade, but we have not had any problems with the 2.0's fading.

post #10 of 14 Old 10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT1 View Post
There are clearance issues with 2.5" shocks,
X2 The cheap Skyjacker shocks I had in between my Bilstein and Fox ones were 2.25" bodies and the fronts rubbed on the frame when the axle was drooped at either side. So far I haven't seen the same kind rubbing with the Fox 2.0's.
post #11 of 14 Old 10-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
X2 The cheap Skyjacker shocks I had in between my Bilstein and Fox ones were 2.25" bodies and the fronts rubbed on the frame when the axle was drooped at either side. So far I haven't seen the same kind rubbing with the Fox 2.0's.
Our's do contact the frame, but only slightly, not enough to damage the shock or cause a problem. You can move the shock to the outside of the lower mount with a longer bolt and spacer.

post #12 of 14 Old 10-27-2007, 05:24 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT1 View Post
You can move the shock to the outside of the lower mount with a longer bolt and spacer.
I used washers on the edge of one of the spacers to the same effect.
post #13 of 14 Old 10-29-2007, 03:58 AM
Granite Guru

For the PPM-8023-40 kit (2-Door Jeep JK Synergy Stage 3 Suspension System), the max tire size is 37". Is this with no other modification necessary? I'm looking to have quite a bit of extra weight thrown around once the winch and assorted armor pieces go on. Just want to see if I'm in for some fender trimming or a body lift to compensate.
post #14 of 14 Old 10-29-2007, 09:02 AM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypnite View Post
For the PPM-8023-40 kit (2-Door Jeep JK Synergy Stage 3 Suspension System), the max tire size is 37". Is this with no other modification necessary?
I'm guessing you may have to trim the panel at the front of the rear well.

Quote:
I'm looking to have quite a bit of extra weight thrown around once the winch and assorted armor pieces go on. Just want to see if I'm in for some fender trimming or a body lift to compensate.
Obviously, as you had weight to different places around the vehicle, it will change things. I'd love to see someone offering front and rear springs from 4" to 6" in 1/2" increments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode