JKOwners Forum banner

Bumpstops on rear...3.5 lift, mc arms, pr60...help please

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  tsteb112 
#1 ·
Hey guys...something is way off my install. I am trying to stuff the rear to match the jounce cups, but as you can see, i am not even CLOSE before hitting the trackbar bracket, then the bolt. What am i doing wrong here?
(Control arms were set to metalcloak instructions for first fitment)
((Have no clue how to rotate the pic))

Thanks for the input

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If your pinion is pointing too far up, it could be a simple as shortening your upper control arms. If not, it looks like you need to shorten upper + lower rear control arms or move the frame-side TB bracket rearward.

#4 · (Edited)
Metal Cloak uses a staggered bump stop pad that moves forward as you stack them to give you clearance on the track bar bracket. You have three solutions for what you are doing. Either shorten the arms a little so there is clearance, move the frame side track bar bracket back, or modify your bump pad extension. Personally I recommend moving the frame side track bar bracket.

It also looks like you need to move your bump stop pad forward so the from bump will actually hit it correctly.

#5 ·
Thanks gents! So, yeah, will get the offset bumpstops as well as well as shorten the arms all around.
@thedirtman : I dont have a competent welding shop here to move the trackbar frame side. (Let alone any real complicated stuff) If you would like to fly overseas and visit here in winter to help dial this whole setup in i would love the help 🙂 hahaha

I was under the impression that the pr60 was basically a bolt in swap from the stock d44...hence my reason for setting up new control arms via metalcloak recommendations....was i way off on my thinking? Do the larger axle tubes throw everything off?

#6 ·
The tube diameter of the 60 is bigger which will in turn push the axle to woads the rear just a bit. If you tried to compensate with the control arm brackets you would not be able to get the joint in it.

#9 ·
ah...nice.
yeah, i tackle this again this thanksgiving weekend. Had to go back to stock for a few weeks as i needed to measure and order the driveshaft. (and as with all things, shipping to ehre takes a while...didnt wanna be out a Jeep for that long).

So, will update as of sometime at the end of this week.

#10 ·
so, here is the update:
i ended up lengthening the rear lowers back to what they started at. (turns out the 20 and 7/8 was pretty spot on)...
but the rear uppers are ALL the way in. with this setting i get a -2 degree pinion.

I got the MC staggered bumpstops, but as stated by a previous poster, i had to shave off a little of the lowest one to clear the trackbar bolt. nothing major at all.

all in all, I wish i had an easier time with this...and i have seen posts where people can supposedly do this in 3 hours....it took me all of 4 days...so, i am wondering how they can do it SO much easier than i can.

Northridge sent the wrong style bolts for the rear driveshaft, so i wont be able to see if there is anything wrong for a few more weeks (they sent u-bolts, but the yoke they installed takes the strap style).

Anyway, this weekend i will tackle the front. hopefully it goes smoother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.