JKOwners Forum banner

Are you running ORIs or COs?

ORI Struts Tuning and Setup

9K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  coilrod 
#1 ·
I'm starting this thread to help anyone needing tuning and setup help for ORI Struts. We are a certified service center for ORI and can help you tune your struts.

#5 · (Edited)
Jensen Bros is THE place for all things ORI. He has the best service and is a wheeler as well. He has helped me out in the past and is VERY knowledgeable on ORIs.

help is great & what this place is all about. It is SOOOO common for industry people to give their time away for nothing.

Jensen is a name I've seen in trade mag articles( edit: that statement sounds antiquated & like b.s.
I might have made that up ; does this imply I may be a habitual liar?
:shocked: )*
It "rings a bell" , msube from social media, isa better way of saying it-jj) , but the likely hood that they are gonna just offer advice which doesn't ultimately stirup some additional revenue generating client time & business opps. Sorry if we've been around the block a few times & don't want this place to become a copy of lesser forums such as JF or WF ... so, sure it's kinda a nuisance but rules have been in place for over a decade. I'm sure Jensen is able to pull the mere pittance of what cost is involved in a yellow star premium account since they're such a prominent, renowned ,fiscally successful strut tuning business, right?

keep an eye on me, y'all. Im gettin' sorta shifty. :grinpimp:

#8 ·
They were warned in the welcome thread about not having a star and hawking wares and service. Plus JKO rules state every poll MUST have Bacon.

Yellow star+Bacon or GTFO

#11 ·
I def agree that your response was out of line. Jenson Bros is the biggest name in ORIs and it would be nice to have them give advice via this forum, if they were actually active and replied in a timely manor. They’re a vendor on Pirate, and jkowners is an entity of that, does that count for a yellow star?
they can give advise as much as they want! That would be awesome. I stand corrected.
See?
shifty j3ff

no, that wouldn't 'count' as a yellow star premium vendor acct, which isxall the initial responses were sggsting, I think.
. Now, with what I've learned , I still think it'd be cool if they got a vendor acct but no one requires that to give help and tips . That's what this place is for.

it's all good, Chuck.

#16 · (Edited)
yeah, there's sveral guys in my riding club who have ORIs on JKUs...granted one of them is extreme budget/show-build dollar rig but, my point is like Jensen Bros said; I am seeing more Unlimiteds /JKs with ORIs , it seems. I thought there were a handful of our fellow jkowners on here with struts, @thedirtman ? I guess I thought wrong :nono:

it's cool you snagged a vendor acct @Jensen Bros.
Thanks for supporting the forum and welcome!

#17 ·
They are a great product and I recommend them to crawlers, but you don't see them offered in a kit and most JK owners want something bolt on in a kit. I am sure there are more then 2 members on here with ORI's but they are not active like I stated. There was a little sarcasm in there also that seem to have been missed.

#20 ·
Please understand that there are various reasons that a company may not have or be showing a yellow star. I've cleaned up this thread which is something that nauseates me to do because I'm very "anti-censorship". But this thread was a mess and Jensen Bros deserves to have it restored regardless of them not instantaneously producing a yellow star.

Please use the report feature and don't treat the tech sections like chat. This isn't the section for lively banter regarding what people should eat.

#26 · (Edited)
See...this is one of the issues I have with ORI. The manufacturer lists a weight of 1900 pounds. Sounds good? 1900*4= 7600. But with rigging and I assume wheeling you can only count on 3 points of load because of weight shift. So 5700. My 4dr wasn't 7600, but it was closer to that than 5700. My numbers are suspect.
Also, ORI is very specific as to being not legal for on road use, but they test well in the desert.
Any comment @Jesson Bros?

#30 ·
ORI weight rating

Pressure spikes and unequal loads were accounted for when the struts were designed. That 1900 per corner limit was set with that in mind. Sometimes heavier vehicles benefit from using the reservoirs to soften the ride, and that further protects the struts from pressure spikes, but I've never seen any weight related failures on Jks, regular STX or reservoir versions.

#28 ·
sprung weight is what you need to be looking at. They are fine for a fully loaded JKU.
Tons and 40's can push 1500 pounds of a vehicles weight.
And the Ori's can actually help you shave quite a bit of weight by not needing sway bars, limit straps, coils, and bump stops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.