ORI Struts Tuning and Setup - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
View Poll Results: Are you running ORIs or COs?
Coils 3 33.33%
ORIs 1 11.11%
Bacon 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

10Likes
  • 2 Post By Jeepylit
  • 2 Post By Fklein6768
  • 1 Post By Guruman
  • 1 Post By thedirtman
  • 1 Post By Jensen Bros.
  • 1 Post By j3ff3ry_j33p
  • 1 Post By thedirtman
  • 1 Post By Redrockjeepin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 11-06-2019, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

ORI Struts Tuning and Setup

I'm starting this thread to help anyone needing tuning and setup help for ORI Struts. We are a certified service center for ORI and can help you tune your struts.

Jensen Bros. Off-Road

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sales and Service Center
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 11-06-2019, 08:05 PM
Granite Guru

Jensen Bros is THE place for all things ORI. He has the best service and is a wheeler as well. He has helped me out in the past and is VERY knowledgeable on ORIs.
post #3 of 21 Old 11-07-2019, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

[quote=Jeepylit;4473606] Jensen Bros is THE place for all things ORI. He has the best service and is a wheeler as well. He has helped me out in the past and is VERY knowledgeable on ORIs.

help is great & what this place is all about. It is SOOOO common for industry people to give their time away for nothing.

Jensen is a name I've seen in trade mag articles( edit: that statement sounds antiquated & like b.s.
I might have made that up ; does this imply I may be a habitual liar?
)*
It "rings a bell" , msube from social media, isa better way of saying it-jj)
, but the likely hood that they are gonna just offer advice which doesn't ultimately stirup some additional revenue generating client time & business opps. Sorry if we've been around the block a few times & don't want this place to become a copy of lesser forums such as JF or WF ... so, sure it's kinda a nuisance but rules have been in place for over a decade. I'm sure Jensen is able to pull the mere pittance of what cost is involved in a yellow star premium account since they're such a prominent, renowned ,fiscally successful strut tuning business, right?

keep an eye on me, y'all. Im gettin' sorta shifty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 11-08-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 11-07-2019, 09:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

help is great & what this place is all about. It is SOOOO common for industry people to give their time away for nothing.

Jensen is a name I've seen in trade mag articles, but the likely hood that they are gonna just offer advice which doesn't ultimately stirup some additional revenue generating billable client time is pretty slim. Sorry if we've been around the block a few times & don't want this place to become a copy of lesser forums such as JF or WF ... so, sure it's kinda a nuisance but rules have been in place for over a decade. I'm sure Jensen is able to pull the mere pittance of what cost is involved in a yellow star premium account since they're such a prominent, renowned ,fiscally successful strut tuning business, right?

He makes a good point. Would have been just as easy to say welcome and if you want to sell anything get a star.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
ChuckTheRipper and mmilburn like this.

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #5 of 21 Old 11-07-2019, 02:51 PM
Granite Guru

Just a guy with more rigs than I have time to use. And on the rare occasion my ORIs needed to be rebuilt or fixed (when I caught a rock between the tire and inner shaft and scarred it up) [email protected] Jensen has always got it done right.
post #6 of 21 Old 11-08-2019, 06:24 AM
Rock God

Garage

They were warned in the welcome thread about not having a star and hawking wares and service. Plus JKO rules state every poll MUST have Bacon.

Yellow star+Bacon or GTFO
ExWrench likes this.

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
post #7 of 21 Old 11-08-2019, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

there.
I've simplified it for OP.
Now Jensen's Bro's can just buy a yellowstar & they'll be on track ...

post #8 of 21 Old 11-08-2019, 08:06 AM
Rock God

Jenson Bros is the biggest name in ORIs and it would be nice to have them give advice via this forum, if they were actually active and replied in a timely manor. They’re a vendor on Pirate, and jkowners is an entity of that, does that count for a yellow star?
post #9 of 21 Old 11-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTheRipper View Post
I def agree that your response was out of line. Jenson Bros is the biggest name in ORIs and it would be nice to have them give advice via this forum, if they were actually active and replied in a timely manor. They’re a vendor on Pirate, and jkowners is an entity of that, does that count for a yellow star?
they can give advise as much as they want! That would be awesome. I stand corrected.
See?
shifty j3ff

no, that wouldn't 'count' as a yellow star premium vendor acct, which isxall the initial responses were sggsting, I think.
. Now, with what I've learned , I still think it'd be cool if they got a vendor acct but no one requires that to give help and tips . That's what this place is for.

it's all good, Chuck.

post #10 of 21 Old 11-08-2019, 09:24 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTheRipper View Post
Jenson Bros is the biggest name in ORIs and it would be nice to have them give advice via this forum, if they were actually active and replied in a timely manor. They’re a vendor on Pirate, and jkowners is an entity of that, does that count for a yellow star?
Did my fellow Canadians buy pirate and jko? I thought it was just jko? Meh. I don't even care about the yellow star, it's more the spamming of multiple subforums.
But I don't know a fucking thing about ori or coilovers. So maybe that's what is acceptable in those circles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Running 37's as a daily driver is dumb
post #11 of 21 Old 11-09-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Strut Tuning

So does anyone have any tuning questions? This post is directed at people who already own struts and need help tuning them.

Jensen Bros. Off-Road

Sales and Service Center
post #12 of 21 Old 11-09-2019, 02:09 PM
JKO Addict!

I think there are only 1 or 2 people active on this forum with struts. Remember this a JK forum, stuff has to be cheap and bolt on.
KOWBOY likes this.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #13 of 21 Old 11-09-2019, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
they can give advise as much as they want! That would be awesome. I stand corrected.
See?
shifty j3ff

no, that wouldn't 'count' as a yellow star premium vendor acct, which isxall the initial responses were sggsting, I think.
. Now, with what I've learned , I still think it'd be cool if they got a vendor acct but no one requires that to give help and tips . That's what this place is for.

it's all good, Chuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
I think there are only 1 or 2 people active on this forum with struts. Remember this a JK forum, stuff has to be cheap and bolt on.
Many of our tech calls are people mounting ORIs on JKs.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Jensen Bros. Off-Road

Sales and Service Center
post #14 of 21 Old 11-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

yeah, there's sveral guys in my riding club who have ORIs on JKUs...granted one of them is extreme budget/show-build dollar rig but, my point is like Jensen Bros said; I am seeing more Unlimiteds /JKs with ORIs , it seems. I thought there were a handful of our fellow jkowners on here with struts, @thedirtman ? I guess I thought wrong

it's cool you snagged a vendor acct @Jensen Bros.
Thanks for supporting the forum and welcome!
Fklein6768 likes this.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 11-09-2019 at 05:37 PM.
post #15 of 21 Old 11-09-2019, 06:52 PM
JKO Addict!

They are a great product and I recommend them to crawlers, but you don't see them offered in a kit and most JK owners want something bolt on in a kit. I am sure there are more then 2 members on here with ORI's but they are not active like I stated. There was a little sarcasm in there also that seem to have been missed.
Jensen Bros. likes this.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #16 of 21 Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
yeah, there's sveral guys in my riding club who have ORIs on JKUs...granted one of them is extreme budget/show-build dollar rig but, my point is like Jensen Bros said; I am seeing more Unlimiteds /JKs with ORIs , it seems. I thought there were a handful of our fellow jkowners on here with struts, @thedirtman ? I guess I thought wrong

it's cool you snagged a vendor acct @Jensen Bros.
Thanks for supporting the forum and welcome!

But does the show rig wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
post #17 of 21 Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrockjeepin View Post

oh yeah...he wheels it...

( attn: note my respectful, considerate blackout of my friend/driver's identity ... )

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; Yesterday at 10:01 AM.
post #18 of 21 Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Please understand that there are various reasons that a company may not have or be showing a yellow star. I've cleaned up this thread which is something that nauseates me to do because I'm very "anti-censorship". But this thread was a mess and Jensen Bros deserves to have it restored regardless of them not instantaneously producing a yellow star.

Please use the report feature and don't treat the tech sections like chat. This isn't the section for lively banter regarding what people should eat.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #19 of 21 Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrockjeepin View Post

Barely

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #20 of 21 Old Today, 10:49 AM
Granite Guru

@Jensen Bros. what model/length ORI is most common on JKU?

just to slim it up a bit, say on a 40 with the Barnes towers you recommend.

08 JKU
78 Fj-40
67 M715
47 CJ-2A

Last edited by mmilburn; Today at 10:56 AM.
post #21 of 21 Old Today, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
Barely

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode