JKOwners Forum banner

3" Lift Drag Link Filp?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  tapcola 
#1 ·
2009 JKUR with a slightly upgraded BDS 3" lift.
Has a JKS adjustable trackbar.
Has Rockkrawler Pro aluminium tie rod.
35x12.5R17 tires.
Steering is drilled and tapped for hydro assist. (still gathering parts)

I had no intentions of doing a drag link flip until this past weekend when I turned the stock drag link in to a bommerang out on the trails.

Jeep has no bump steer and drives smoothly on highway.

My only reason for wanting to do the flip is clearance for a HD draglink with the beefy tie rod.

Looking for thoughts and suggestions.

Also for those wondering no i did not hit something to cause the bend. I was trying to force the steering right while climbing a rocky hill.

#2 ·
My vote = DOO EET! :bounce:

To flip your drag link w/o notching the frame requires 3" of bump stop extension up front (verify your "3 inch lift" has it).

If you flip your drag link, raise the front track bar 3" at the same time or you'll have gnarly bump steer.

If you bent your drag link via steering effort alone, suggest prioritizing hydro assist before your steering box grenades or frame cracks at box mounts.

That's all I got - :dunno: - dunno what other thoughts or suggestions you want.

#4 ·
Is there a front trackbar bracket? With either a Flip or a Drop Pitman, you are moving one end of the draglink and also one end of the trackbar in order to keep them parallel. So not having a raised trackbar bracket should be an indication that the pitman is stock.

And you could always just post a pic or two for feedback.

#6 ·
- You'll probably need some more bumpstop to keep raised DL off the frame.

- Don't forget to raise your axle side TB bracket by 3" or you will have bump steer

- Synergy or Metalcloak > RK

- Good luck!

- oops, didn't see other responses above. Yeah, what they said :laughing:

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Been running a Synergy stage 3 for a couple of years now with a DLF on 2in of bump with hydro assist. The big thing was the hydro lines and making sure it all cleared at full stuff. Glad to say I have had no problems.
I can go full stuff .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.