Help with figuring out my JK lift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-08-2019, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Help with figuring out my JK lift

Just purchased my first Jeep, a 2012 JK and looking to put on new 285/75R17 BFG KO2ís, but was worried they would rub. The current wheels are 255/75R17 and I think the wheels are the Ultra Performance Bolts. Based on the way it all looks visually, it seems like thereís a ton of room.

I took some measurements and wanted to see if you guys could help confirm the lift off of stock and whether or not the KO2s would a) fit without rubbing on or off trail and b) that they would look good.

Appreciate the help!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-08-2019, 07:32 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Looks like you have about a 2.5inch lift. The tire size your looking at should fit without any issues depending on the backspacing of your wheels. Make sure to swing by the welcome room and introduce yourself!

You can have a savings account or a Jeep.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-08-2019, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperJoe View Post
Looks like you have about a 2.5inch lift. The tire size your looking at should fit without any issues depending on the backspacing of your wheels. Make sure to swing by the welcome room and introduce yourself!
Thanks so much for the quick reply. Just so I can learn, can you help me understand how you determined that?

Also, what size backspacing would the new tire require? I believe my wheels are the ultra motorsports 198 Bolt wheel. I'd post a link, but the forum won't let me. :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Wheeler

Garage

The measurement in your first pic would measure about 18.5" on a stock jeep so there's your 2.5" lift. As far as wheels go, usually 4.5" of backspacing is the happy spot for 35's. The wheels you have are around 4.9" BS and the tires are close to 34's so what you have might work fine. Put them on and see. If anything you might rub on the frame rails at full lock. If that's the case you can either get different wheels or through on a hub-centric spacer.

You can have a savings account or a Jeep.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-09-2019, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperJoe View Post
The measurement in your first pic would measure about 18.5" on a stock jeep so there's your 2.5" lift. As far as wheels go, usually 4.5" of backspacing is the happy spot for 35's. The wheels you have are around 4.9" BS and the tires are close to 34's so what you have might work fine. Put them on and see. If anything you might rub on the frame rails at full lock. If that's the case you can either get different wheels or through on a hub-centric spacer.
Thanks so much, ordered from tirerack last night. 🤞
post #6 of 9 Old 10-15-2019, 06:57 PM

May be too late, but want to put in a plug for the 34x10.5-17 size KO2 tires. Load range D is a bit more comfortable than the load range E 285x75's. Fit on my 2015 2door with stock wheels & just a thinest wheel spacer on the fronts only. Good for 50,000 miles. Ordered a new set yesterday. Will be ready for winter.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-18-2019, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntrsJeep View Post
May be too late, but want to put in a plug for the 34x10.5-17 size KO2 tires. Load range D is a bit more comfortable than the load range E 285x75's. Fit on my 2015 2door with stock wheels & just a thinest wheel spacer on the fronts only. Good for 50,000 miles. Ordered a new set yesterday. Will be ready for winter.
Ah shoot, wish I would have seen this prior. It's all good though, got the wheels balanced and installed and it made a huge difference, aesthetically, noise wise and comfort of drive. So I'm definitely happy.

I was going to get the spare, but curious to hear if people have any fitment issues on 34"?
post #8 of 9 Old 11-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Wheeler

Garage

I got the 285/75/17 KM2ís, and the spare fits fine without rubbing. I run AEV rims, 5.2 backspace, and finally installed the teraflex tailgate hinge kit. But honestly, the tire and rim did not affect my old tailgate one bit, over the past 40k miles. But sshh, donít tell the wife....

2011 JKU L83 V8
post #9 of 9 Old 11-07-2019, 09:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Just to let you know your suspension is set up very poorly. Looks like someone sold/traded this thing in with factory parts after running it with different components. Clean that thing up good and put some paint on it to keep the rust from getting any worse. Then find someone that knows about suspensions and have it set up right.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode