JKOwners Forum banner

In line fuel pump.

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  KnightJK 
#1 ·
I've searched every where for some good info. Wanting to just do a inline fuel pump on the stock 3.8. I've found that 58+- 2 is what is needed. Anybody have a good pump suggestion?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Aeromotive should have a pump that will work. You don't need a lot of volume with the 3.8. You'll also need a regulator and a return line back into the tank, which the stock setup does internally in the tank. So I'm not sure how the return line will get plumbed.

#11 ·
I got a walbro 392 in my 07 works great. I just ran it with a pre/post filter to the regulator all at the fuel cell with my return line only being about a foot long. Some say you should run the regulator as close to the fuel rail as possible. This is a must in high HP situations but in the jk that walbro is more than enough to keep up. Just make sure your return is plumbed to the bottom of the fuel cell so you don’t have excess aeration. I have mine set at 58 psi.

#14 ·
Most inline pumps are pushers, no? I was always under the impression that inline pumps work best when gravity fed rather than having to draw from the top of the cell.

Maybe that's just more of a concern in high HP applications or something but thought I'd mention it.

#15 ·
Ripp supercharged 3.8l

Was originally running an e2000 pump off two walboro pick ups on the bottom of the cell, worked fine then I cracked the pressure side outlet of the pump and went to grab a new one and they were finally discontinued and replaced with delphi CFD0029. Specs are lower than the e2000 so I was weary but it literally works the same. Pump feeds to a corvette filter/reg with return back to the fuel cell pickup tube. These pumps are generally available at any parts store since they were used on so many applications so it's an easy find out of town. I'm pretty sure you can grab some e2000's online still though, that'd be my first choice since specs align better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.