G'day JKO, it has been awhile! Hope everyone is well and its nice to see a little uptick in traffic here. So instead of being smart and building or buying a buggy, I am looking at another JK
. Would like to be able to do a road trip, wheel (not Backdoor, Rubicon esque), not rebuild or replace shafts on the trail, and drive home. Yes, 35-37 tires would be better but I already had a JKUR on D60's and 38's and had fun with the build and driving it so...
Any recommendations for axles that weren't on the table in 2016/2017? Any thoughts on the following?
- Miller Rock Racing - Spydertrax Axles - full float, 9/10 inch ring gears, ABS compatible, price on inquiry (have reached out - not a budget build but great parts and Erik got back to me straight away). I have always thought a lot of Spydertrax, Erik seems like a great guy, and the weight reduction, after lugging D60's around, sounds good.
- Fusion - great looking products, and tons (sorry) of options from 60/44 hybrids to the 2005+ Superduty and Kingpins a plenty. Has anyone run their new Superduty roller? Can you run that in 8x6.5 to match a D60 rear, or, do you have to run 8x170 in the rear as well? I'll reach out to Fusion on that one.
- ECGS - I know they sell crate axles but also do their own builds - anyone running their 60's or Fabricated 9's?
Usual suspects from back in the day.
- Dynatrac - same offerings as 2016/2017?
- Currie - Semi-float D60's, Full float 60's/70's, full float F9's... anything new?
- Teraflex - I've never looked at their one ton options but they have some nice looking centers.
- Moper UD60's - same JK axles, any improvement on welds for tabs? I'd have someone weld the tubes to provide extra support beyond the plug weld (mind were decent fwiw).
- Solid axles - haven't seen anything from them in awhile.
If I missed any new options, preferably something you have worked on and or wheeled, let me know!