• 1 Post By un lupus
  • 1 Post By ALASHA
  • 1 Post By un lupus
  • 1 Post By Cod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

LS swap and Jeep Recalls

So the other day I had the "no bus" issue which I'm still trying to track down but haven't had any time to really get into. It seemed to go away for now but I'm sure it will come back. I decided to take it in for the clockspring and airbag recalls just to rule them out. I made express directions not to update the ECM because I didn't want it to screw up my Motech tune that has been just fine for about 5 years or so.

They tell me it's all done here ya go, I jump in and the PRNDL1 indicators are all lit up with the squares around them, when I let off the brake from a standstill I get a click from my shifter area, and I can hear my right rear brake sounds like it's dragging now.

WTF-"it's all good, here you go"?????????, are they kidding? I took it right back in and he hands me a quote for $275 and we'll let you know what we find. I had to walk out and take my Jeep home so now I get to deal with this. Wondering if anyone has any good ideas where to start in this mess, I'm thinking a match.

Thanks again,
Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgo70 View Post
So the other day I had the "no bus" issue which I'm still trying to track down but haven't had any time to really get into. It seemed to go away for now but I'm sure it will come back. I decided to take it in for the clockspring and airbag recalls just to rule them out. I made express directions not to update the ECM because I didn't want it to screw up my Motech tune that has been just fine for about 5 years or so.

They tell me it's all done here ya go, I jump in and the PRNDL1 indicators are all lit up with the squares around them, when I let off the brake from a standstill I get a click from my shifter area, and I can hear my right rear brake sounds like it's dragging now.

WTF-"it's all good, here you go"?????????, are they kidding? I took it right back in and he hands me a quote for $275 and we'll let you know what we find. I had to walk out and take my Jeep home so now I get to deal with this. Wondering if anyone has any good ideas where to start in this mess, I'm thinking a match.

Thanks again,
Sean
Contact John at Overland Performance , if anyone could get you squared away it would be him
He is a vendor on here , good guy .

I had to take my Jeep into the dealer for the exact same thing , clock spring recall , I taped over the OBD for the Chevy and told them that if they took the tape off that I would execute them right there on the spot .
They do need to plug into the Jeep side but there shouldn't be the kind if issues you are seeing from that .
I wonder if they did plug a Chrysler scan into the Chevy side .

They created the problem and now they want to charge you , I don't get it .

Good luck , let us know what happens .
Curb kick the idiot that plugged into that system after being told not to . Violence does cure stupidity .
Rick Rand likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 02:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by un lupus View Post
Contact John at Overland Performance , if anyone could get you squared away it would be him
He is a vendor on here , good guy .
@JohnPShoe
un lupus likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
THX Alan
ALASHA likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-12-2019, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks guys, I'm hoping I can get into this soon but so busy now. I'll see what he says.

Thanks,
Sean
post #6 of 8 Old 07-13-2019, 06:28 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

You should be able to clear the shift lights lit up with a scanner.

Definitely get to know John
un lupus likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-29-2019, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Okay, I thought I should update this. I'm sure I'm sitting on a time bomb that will come back and haunt me later.

Seemed to drive fine and everything else was normal except it didn't know when I was in reverse so my back-up camera wouldn't work. I got in the other day and started it up and threw it in gear right away before it did it's little system check and everything magically fixed itself. Been about a week now, all normal. It'll probably come back in six months on a cold winter day when I least expect it.

Sean
post #8 of 8 Old 07-29-2019, 05:55 PM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Buy a scanner / code reader / light clearer ....whatever ya wanna call it throw it in the Jeep and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode