JScan - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 06-04-2019, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

JScan

Anyone using it and how are you doing it as far as tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Wheeler

I have it. It was the cheapest way to adjust for gear ratios and tire sizes. It does other things, but this was my purpose.

Then I got HP tuners for tuning, but for the little money in this thing, I highly recommend it.

The developer was very responsive, he didn’t have the correct ratios for Atlas transfer cases, I sent him those and he corrected it on the next update.

Be sure the OBD reader you get is on the approved list (they are pretty cheap). iOS must use WiFi, not Bluetooth.
post #3 of 14 Old 06-04-2019, 06:08 PM
Rock God

What exactly do you mean by tunes? I don't think it does any sort of engine tuning, someone correct me if I'm wrong and I'd be quite interested in what it can do in that regard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 06-04-2019, 08:05 PM
Wheeler

Download the app. It’s free and there’s a demo section that will allow you to pay for it without licensing a vehicle. You literally have nothing to loose.
post #5 of 14 Old 06-05-2019, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

This app looks like some E.European party has snatched the source-code for the Torque / TorquePro ODBII scanning / PID reporter & "tuning" * App & repurposed it w/ another GUI . I may be wrong but suuuurrre looks similar to my mobie-app trained eye....

It's always dependable when the contact of an app developer is rooted on Facebook ,has no ' about us' and is collecting VIN numbers ( which Torque
does not do ).

Srry, at 1st glance this App seems shifty or at best ,risky. I guess it's just a scan tool but there already was of those. Torque.

I may be wrong but can't dig deeper right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 06-05-2019 at 05:20 AM.
post #6 of 14 Old 06-05-2019, 06:02 AM
Wheeler

You can see on Facebook, the guy is in Poland. He drives a JK and posts pictures and videos of it.

Even if it collects your vin (which I would imagine any software that sells licenses per vin would keep record of) what’s the danger in that?

I was about to buy one of the other scanners for over $100 to get my speedometer to read correctly, but was able to use this for $15 plus the obd adapter I already had.

Also, Torque app is not available on IOS so this was a good deal for me. (There is a torque app, but it has very scammy reviews, I don’t think it’s the same as the one on android)

OP asked for opinions, you all have mine. I think it’s a great cheap tool that does more than a lot of more expensive tools out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

This app looks like some E.European party has snatched the source-code for the Torque / TorquePro ODBII scanning / PID reporter & "tuning" * App & repurposed it w/ another GUI . I may be wrong but suuuurrre looks similar to my mobie-app trained eye....

It's always dependable when the contact of an app developer is rooted on Facebook ,has no ' about us' and is collecting VIN numbers ( which Torque
does not do ).

Srry, at 1st glance this App seems shifty or at best ,risky. I guess it's just a scan tool but there already was of those. Torque.

I may be wrong but can't dig deeper right now.
post #7 of 14 Old 06-05-2019, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquistador View Post
You can see on Facebook, the guy is in Poland. He drives a JK and posts pictures and videos of it.

Even if it collects your vin (which I would imagine any software that sells licenses per vin would keep record of) what’s the danger in that?

I was about to buy one of the other scanners for over $100 to get my speedometer to read correctly, but was able to use this for $15 plus the obd adapter I already had.

Also, Torque app is not available on IOS so this was a good deal for me. (There is a torque app, but it has very scammy reviews, I don’t think it’s the same as the one on android)

OP asked for opinions, you all have mine. I think it’s a great cheap tool that does more than a lot of more expensive tools out there.
That's cool.
I respect your right to that opinion.
I maybe overzealously declared a similarity I saw between 'em is all.
I'm sure it's all cool...it's probably legit.

and you're right, lots of other devices do collect your VIN. My superchips did & I KNOW they're more nefarious than any nice Jeepers from Poland ,heh .

I'm not being sarcastic,promise. I maybe jumped too fast because ,well, let's just say it's in my nature to be technically a little... hyperalert?

I thought Torque did get an iOS port , so my bad.
It sure is almost exactly the same. Anyway....

fwiw...lotsa hackable automotive scams can incorporate VIN numbers , to be completely helpful to others & ourselves , man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 06-05-2019 at 12:12 PM.
post #8 of 14 Old 06-07-2019, 02:20 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Been using the JScan about three weeks now and works great

2012 Jkur
UD60ís 5.38ís E-lockers
3.5Ē RK coils
40Ē Coopers/DirtyLife BLís
Rustyís Long arms
AntIRocks
B.Lees steering
PSC/RNR Steering
Evo/UCF armor
post #9 of 14 Old 06-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzldust View Post
Been using the JScan about three weeks now and works great
I'm curious what you've been doing with it. I've been looking at AlfaOBD for use on the JK and my Ram pickup. Ram guys are really embracing it. It's $50 but it can really do a LOT.
post #10 of 14 Old 06-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Used it to program tire size,transfer case ratio and gear ratio,diagnosed a few issues with it as well

2012 Jkur
UD60ís 5.38ís E-lockers
3.5Ē RK coils
40Ē Coopers/DirtyLife BLís
Rustyís Long arms
AntIRocks
B.Lees steering
PSC/RNR Steering
Evo/UCF armor
post #11 of 14 Old 06-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Wheeler

I used it to turn off tpms, adjust tire size, gear ratio and transfer case ratio.
post #12 of 14 Old 06-13-2019, 07:19 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I have an AEV procal, so I haven't tried this myself, but the reviewers of the app seem to be happy for the most part. The dev seems to be responsive.
JSCAN in Google app store

2009 JKU
post #13 of 14 Old 06-14-2019, 01:47 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquistador View Post
I have it. It was the cheapest way to adjust for gear ratios and tire sizes. It does other things, but this was my purpose.

Then I got HP tuners for tuning, but for the little money in this thing, I highly recommend it.

The developer was very responsive, he didnít have the correct ratios for Atlas transfer cases, I sent him those and he corrected it on the next update.

Be sure the OBD reader you get is on the approved list (they are pretty cheap). iOS must use WiFi, not Bluetooth.

How are you liking HP tuner? What have you been able to do with it?
post #14 of 14 Old 06-14-2019, 05:46 AM
Wheeler

I have not done a whole lot with HPtuners yet in the Jeep computer. I have swapped in an L86/8l90 so most of the focus was on the GM side.

On the Jeep side I have only used it to turn off all the DTCs. But it is capable of doing about whatever you want. I would not recommend getting HPtuners unless you are actually going to do engine/trans tuning. I don’t think the stock engines need that.

It is a very complex program to use and I know I am still just barely scratching the surface of what it can do. Good news is that while I play around with it, I have found a tuner that can log in to my computer and tune it remotely. There’s no one around me that can do this, so it was a great solution for me to get my engine and trans running right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFDUB View Post

How are you liking HP tuner? What have you been able to do with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode