15 JK redoing front end/ Drag link problem - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-26-2019, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

15 JK redoing front end/ Drag link problem

After 2 failed outer tie rods/alignments figured out my driver side steering knuckle was shot.

So after getting raped for years taking my vehicle to mechanics and having nothing but problems, it's time to start doing the work myself.
Here's where I'm at.
current setup
Yeti tie rod,AEV 3.5 DS lift with Bilstein 5160 reservoir shocks, adams driveshafts.3.73 gears, and OME steering Stabalizer, on 35x12.5's.

I'm replacing u joints(dana Spicer), 4 Ball joints(moog Greasable), driver side spindle, new wheel bearings, and a moog pre assembled steering linkage.

While I was removing the AEV high steer drag link (which was binding up) the bolt just snapped right off. So yesterday when I got the bolt out if the knuckle I noticed my knuckle has been reamed out. this is one of the older models were the fitting was not greasable and had to be reamed out. Can't win here!!! I got a lot of worms out right now, and just opened another can.
anybody make sleaves to bring back to stock size ? It might be cheaper/easier to get another high steering drag link then to replace another knuckle. Any advice to get things going right at a reasonable price appreciated.

Hope to clean the bilsteins, the OME SS, and install new lower control arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-26-2019, 11:53 AM
Rock God

yes steersmart (yeti) makes the sleave so you can use the yeti 26 which is stock size and what aev uses now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode