Wheel Speed Sensor Problem - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-23-2019, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Wheel Speed Sensor Problem

2010 Jeep Rubi, 4" lift, 35" tires, stock axlesHad a code and esp/traction control light coming on. Code called for bad wheel speed sensor right front. Jeep drove ok, just the lights on the dash and the code. Changed the hub and cable. Now when braking, the abs goes crazy and the Jeep is pulling hard left when braking. No codes but esp/traction, abs going crazy, and pulling hard left. Thoughts??

18 JKU Granite Crystal- 4"lift, 40s, UD60s
07 Red Rock Crystal JKU - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-23-2019, 03:47 PM
Granite Guru

Just dont cut the lines. Replace them.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-23-2019, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Lol. I remember reading that you did that. Thanks man.

18 JKU Granite Crystal- 4"lift, 40s, UD60s
07 Red Rock Crystal JKU - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-23-2019, 05:36 PM
Granite Guru

You know I cut mine because I had just installed a lunchbox locker and was getting that crazy sharp pull to the left and I had to eliminate the abs as a cause. It turns out I had the locker set up correctly and misdiagnosed the sensor issue as the locker which caused me to rip apart my front end like 6 times.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-28-2019, 03:49 PM

Disconnect the negative terminal for about a half hour. Plug er back in and see if things are reset. Also, when I replaced mine, I had to really makes sure the plug into the sensor was seated correctly for things to go back to normal. Good luck
post #6 of 6 Old 06-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Wheeler

I had this exact issue. The wheels speed sensors need to be an almost exact match DS/PS or you will have variances in the readings and shit like that will happen. Remove your other wheel speed sensor from the hub and clean the mount surface of rust or anything. Sand/file that baby smooth and plug it back in.

The minute amounts of rust, dirt, and oil that build up between the hub and surface of the wire plug make a big difference and both sides need equal spacing between of those wires.

I did this but couldn't get both sides "in sync" so I just replaced the other old but still functioning hub and kept it as a spare. Everything has been fine for over a year since I did that.

2008 JKU Sahara on 35's, PR44U w/ ARB, 35 spline shafts in the stock rear 44 with ARB, 5.13 gear ratio, 1310 Reel front driveline, all 4 Currie control arms up front, 12" King coilovers F/R, ARB Twin Compressor under hood, AEV roof rack w/ side rails, Oil pan/Transfer case skid, Smittybilt front bumper and winch, weld on Poison Spyder slider/step combo, 1.75" Spidertrax spacers, drag link flip, ACE stand alone tire carrier.

Last edited by GetLost; 06-12-2019 at 09:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode