advice on lift kit.. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jadmt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-15-2019, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

advice on lift kit..

i want to lift my sahara 2.5/3 inches and have been doing my research but i'm not totally convince yet..
i was looking at Quadratec 2.5 Coil Spring Suspension Kit with FOX IFP Mono-Tube.. what do you guys think about this set up? or what do you recomend?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-15-2019, 05:19 AM
Rock God

What are your intended usages?
post #3 of 11 Old 04-15-2019, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

no crazy offroading but some,..i want to improve the ride, im on stock shocks and springs and they suck lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-17-2019, 10:28 AM
Rock God

for a $1000 it is really hard to beat the ride and on road handling of an AEV 2.5 lift. Sure there are better offroad lifts but for what 99% of what most of us do these are really nice. If you want spend another $105 and get the geo brackets to go with it.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-18-2019, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadmt View Post
for a $1000 it is really hard to beat the ride and on road handling of an AEV 2.5 lift. Sure there are better offroad lifts but for what 99% of what most of us do these are really nice. If you want spend another $105 and get the geo brackets to go with it.

so the AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension System with AEV Geometry Correction Brackets would be a better choice over Quadratec 2.5 Coil Spring Suspension Kit with FOX IFP Mono-Tube Shocks?
i mean for what im looking for? better on road handling and some moderate offroading...
post #6 of 11 Old 04-20-2019, 09:44 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond__1 View Post
what do you guys think about this set up? or what do you recomend?
This kit?
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrate...ep-wrangler-jk

No caster correction, no links. You will probably want to address both. No way to center the front axle. Not the best rear trackbar bracket. It does the job, but one of the stronger options might be a better choice.

If you are open to other mfg's, MetalCloak is worth a look. Synergy also.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-20-2019, 09:17 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I've heard that springs are springs, but I would not recommend RK because their so-called powdercoating was a joke (at least as of 2014, maybe they've improved their coating). I have a used set of Metalcloak springs in the garage from around the same year and their coating is way better.

I'd also not recommend any kit with a rear track bar bracket like that one (it's probably the weakest design out there and actually tends to break off the stock bracket with the added leverage). Recommend a style that uses U-bolts around the axle and ties into the stock bracket. Metalcloak makes a good one. The strongest option IMHO would be a cut and replace weld-in bracket like Synergy or Artec, especially if you can weld.

Hard to go wrong with AEV. I used the AEV geometry correction CA brackets with my stock arms. They worked extremely well, even after "finding" them a few times against rocks on the trail. The powdercoating on these brackets have held up well; id suspect their spring coatings are similar.

I also used the Rancho RS9000XL shocks because they're adjustable. Mine have worked great and there is a very real difference in feel with the adjustability.

Brake line brackets - I'd recommend switching to stainless braided lines. Just go to a local parts store and have them make you a set; way cheaper than getting gouged online just because they're for a Jeep. Plus you'll probably notice a difference in your brake performance.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-22-2019, 06:24 PM
Rock God

Quote:
so the AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension System with AEV Geometry Correction Brackets would be a better choice over Quadratec 2.5 Coil Spring Suspension Kit with FOX IFP Mono-Tube Shocks?
i mean for what im looking for? better on road handling and some moderate offroading...
yes
post #9 of 11 Old 04-25-2019, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

awesome thanks for all the tips..will definitely be asking alot more questions
post #10 of 11 Old 04-28-2019, 05:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
The AEV is a great kit. I've installed a few and they are pretty much set it and forget it. They can handle some serious trails, too. Put one on a friend's '10 JKUR and with 33s she came to Moab with us and did Behind The Rocks with nary a whimper.

Another good one is the Mopar factory 2" lift, which is closer to 2.5" - 3" actual. One of our club members has one on his newish '17 JKUR and loves it.

With any of the kits, be prepared to replace the front driveshaft. Get a double cardan as part of the kit buy and be done with it.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #11 of 11 Old 04-28-2019, 08:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
awesome thanks for all the tips..will definitely be asking alot more questions
Some things you should know. Bolt on lift kits do nothing for improving the factory ride or increasing performance off road except for your approach, decline, and breaker angles. Thats about it. However an incomplete or poorly designed lift kit will degrade the on road ride quality. Off road only can get by with much less and still perform. Control arm relocation brackets are better than adjustable control arms because they correct caster and flatten the links which mean less axle shift during suspension moment when driving down the road. However the brackets hang down lower and will create clearance issues if you like to play in the rocks. Avoid kits with a drop pitman arm. IF you see this listed in the parts move on to your next choice.
The number one thing in improving the ride and performance of your jeep both on road and off is the tire selection. Taller wider tires offer more comfort on road and give you more clearance and grip to climb over stuff off road. Choose your tires wisely and I suggest a C rated tire and stay away from E rated tires.

You may also want to click on that link in my signature and give it a good read.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode