2 words for ya. Crush sleeve eliminator - Page 5 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 175 Old 05-19-2019, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

From all the shit talk I was expecting someone to know how to help a guy out. Oh wait I know, 'we know everything we just dont want to help you because you have an attitude..." maybe I will look up that wayalife I was being compared to or whatever it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 175 Old 05-19-2019, 11:16 AM
I am the one, a god with a gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by libordemise View Post
From all the shit talk I was expecting someone to know how to help a guy out. Oh wait I know, 'we know everything we just dont want to help you because you have an attitude..." maybe I will look up that wayalife I was being compared to or whatever it is.
You are your own self-fulfilling prophecy dude.
It's the weekend, not everyone-come-running-to-coddle-your-balls-end. Give people some time.
Jadmt likes this.
post #103 of 175 Old 05-19-2019, 12:38 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
You are your own self-fulfilling prophecy dude.
It's the weekend, not everyone-come-running-to-coddle-your-balls-end. Give people some time.
funny a guy talks shit and then expects everybody to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 175 Old 05-19-2019, 01:07 PM
I am the one, a god with a gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadmt View Post
funny a guy talks shit and then expects everybody to help.
Agree. Not the best way to go about things, but I get it, OP is frustrated and probably spent 12+ hours rolling around under the thing and just wants it to work, so I totally get it.

I have nothing to add except doing a regear is a humbling experience. My back still hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
y'aller from California,huh?
post #105 of 175 Old 05-19-2019, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Got it.

Read the thread jadmt and see how quickly people rip you apart for making a stupid suggestion and tell you how they're so much better than you but have nothing to say about a diagnostic exercise. You know how many people I have helped on these forums? Quite a few, never flamed anybody once. To each their own I suppose.

Last edited by libordemise; 05-19-2019 at 07:38 PM.
post #106 of 175 Old 05-19-2019, 08:47 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Fuck you guys[/IMG]
Quote:
Yeah you guys are dumb and wrong.
Quote:
never flamed anybody once.
___
KnightJK likes this.
post #107 of 175 Old 05-19-2019, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by christensent View Post
___
Lol, ok ya got me, but that was retaliation
post #108 of 175 Old 05-20-2019, 03:02 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Video says it was removed. What’s the question/issue you are having?
post #109 of 175 Old 05-20-2019, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Ok I am at wits end thinking this cannot be normal please advise? I emailed customer support bit I am sure they are busy this is a busy weekend.

Here is the link for the vid

https://youtu.be/7MozC2bnPV8

Imagine how vague & confusing this is
if the linked-to videos are not playing or leading the reader
to a viable video.

I am confused & just saw this latest response; how did
this go south and what are you talking about now being at your
wits-end with?
I was out wheeling my scale crawler ystrdy so am just seeing
these latest posts. Confused how
this suddenly turned from ," I'm rtv-ing this & running it as it is..."
to " I'm at my wit's end with this .."
If you're at mercy of others assistance, I've sometimes waited for a day or two to receive responses because our mutual members & friends have very active lives outside of the forum that they enjoy and must be involved-in. I think everybody wants to help how they can. I'm having a hard time following what OP wants or is having such issue with. In the first video I responded to that OP posted,the ratcheting and behavior of the D30 carrier with his torqmaster autolocker being moved without diff cover looked correct in appearence & it's functioning.

I've yet to see an actual symptom issue be documented asides from the sensors ...what does op think is wrong or not working with the locker and what did TorqMasters say? You will hear from them even on weekends unless they are at a race or event. Then it was the next business day I'd receive replies . They're on social media,too.

Can op write-out what isn't right since videos aren't good?

It's odd how fast this thread turned to pandemonium!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #110 of 175 Old 05-20-2019, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Blah blah cant delete
even the most base of comments or seemingly
insignificant post should remain. There's a handful of reasons you'd maybe delete a comment or post but in all of mine I may have deleted 3, maybe 4 posts.

What I'm asking is that you not delete content that you've added, even if irritates you or looks bad or out of context or is someone pushing buttons. It is all of us, good and bad. Just like in life , even the ugly or bad experiences serve to strengthen the core of the individual ,jko's thread integrity is what it's got& is built upon. Start yanking stuff & eventually Jenga shall occur.
Let's not delete in comfort or regularity because your words are important!

libordemise likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 05-20-2019 at 05:08 AM.
post #111 of 175 Old 05-20-2019, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTB View Post
Video says it was removed. What’s the question/issue you are having?
Thanks for looking but I am 89% sure I've solved the problem.
post #112 of 175 Old 05-20-2019, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Sorry Jeffrey, I know you just want to help. I havent really been at the mercy of guys on here, I'll just leave that at that.

My locker was making some very loud noises that were certainly not normal I ripped apart my front end probably 8 times, going over everything so yes I was flustered. I've worked on many vehicles and never had this much problem with anything and the reason this happened was because I tried to go too fast to get done and out of the persons parking stall I was using. All is right now, thank you for the concern.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
post #113 of 175 Old 05-20-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Hey again,

I'm in limp mode, wondering if I flash the computer with 4.56 gear ratio can I run in higher speeds/gears?

Dont think it's in limp mode due to the speed sensors, but not sure. It never had a problem with 1 shaft removed,
post #114 of 175 Old 05-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Hey again,

I'm in limp mode, wondering if I flash the computer with 4.56 gear ratio can I run in higher speeds/gears?

Dont think it's in limp mode due to the speed sensors, but not sure. It never had a problem with 1 shaft removed,
pull codes and the vehicle will tell you why it is in limp mode. Fix the codes and the issues will resolve them selves I would do that before I experimented with flashing to different gear ratios.
post #115 of 175 Old 05-20-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

In that case it's the sensors then. Shit.
post #116 of 175 Old 05-21-2019, 04:06 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
In that case it's the sensors then. Shit.
well.. yeah.. you cut the sensor wires.. 2012's and up need to see all 4 sensor signals to not go into limp mode. Replace the one/ones you cut and limp mode should go away.

Chase Weston
post #117 of 175 Old 05-25-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Hey.

So I put in new abs sensors and realized why I cut the lines. The lights cleared after the superchips flash. And I drove out into the street and the abs brakes clicked a few times, few times more then the traction light and the abs light came on. No cel, transmission is active again can shift etc. No limp mode.

Would this be possibly due to the new lunch box locker? The difference in gear size front to back??.
post #118 of 175 Old 05-25-2019, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Each time I start moving the abs seems to test itself for 30 feet and stops but it is a rough go for those 30 f
post #119 of 175 Old 05-25-2019, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I read a few posts back and I guess it's the difference in wheel speeds front to back. Stay tuned for more excitement
post #120 of 175 Old 05-27-2019, 01:24 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I read a few posts back and I guess it's the difference in wheel speeds front to back. Stay tuned for more excitement
As long as you don't have the transfer case in 4 wheel drive, there should be no difference in wheel speeds front to back. The difference in gearing will cause the front driveshaft to spin at a different speed to the one in the back, but that shouldn't cause any ABS issues. With the transfer case in 2 wheel drive the front wheels will roll along at the same speed as the rears, with the different ring and pinion ratio causing the driveshafts speeds to differ, not the wheel speeds. I don't believe that would cause your issue.

If ABS is kicking in when you are starting out (not stopping) something strange is going on. Is it possible that it's stability control and traction control, not ABS? You're not in 4 wheel drive, by some chance, are you?
post #121 of 175 Old 05-27-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTB View Post
As long as you don't have the transfer case in 4 wheel drive, there should be no difference in wheel speeds front to back. The difference in gearing will cause the front driveshaft to spin at a different speed to the one in the back, but that shouldn't cause any ABS issues. With the transfer case in 2 wheel drive the front wheels will roll along at the same speed as the rears, with the different ring and pinion ratio causing the driveshafts speeds to differ, not the wheel speeds. I don't believe that would cause your issue.

If ABS is kicking in when you are starting out (not stopping) something strange is going on. Is it possible that it's stability control and traction control, not ABS? You're not in 4 wheel drive, by some chance, are you?
No definitely not in 4 wheel. It must be related to the locker... I recall now it still happened with my passenger axle shaft removed when i drove to work that way. With these new sensors, all was fine for like i said about 30 feet and then the abs tested itself a few times and the traction light and the abs lights both came on and stayed. I was really hoping this would go away after the rear gears were installed but if there is no wheel speed variance It seems maybe not.
post #122 of 175 Old 05-27-2019, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Maybe the vibration of the locker ratcheting is causing the abs/traction to trip??
post #123 of 175 Old 05-27-2019, 03:23 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Maybe the vibration of the locker ratcheting is causing the abs/traction to trip??
Have you checked the codes to see what they are? Does the ABS and/or traction control kick in every time you start from a stop, does it happen once each time you start the Jeep, or did it happen once and the lights came on and that’s it?

The normal ratcheting action of the locker shouldn’t be enough to cause issues. Are your front wheel/unit bearings okay? Any chance they are loose or the tone rings could have gotten damaged during this whole process?
post #124 of 175 Old 05-27-2019, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I'll pull the codes again and get back
post #125 of 175 Old 05-27-2019, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well I wasnt very easy on the hubs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode