straight bar drag link length - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-28-2019, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

straight bar drag link length

hey everyone, I need some help. Im working on ordering all of my steering while im in AFG, so I can have it all when I get back, and get it installed. I found a place to get 7076 1.5 or 1.75 solid bar, cut to fit, and drilled/tapped for the ends. However, I am not anywhere near my Jeep to measure the length I need for both drag link, and tie rod. Can someone help me out, and measure their bar lengths? Also, does anyone on here currently, or know for sure if i can run 1.75" diameter tie rod without hitting dif cover at full lock? Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-28-2019, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Call Synergy Mfg or Fusion4x4 and ask the length. Alternately , carry a tape-measure out w/ you to any mall nearby & just measure a draglink off any of the soccer mom JK/JKUs parked out front of the Old Navy or aerobics shop...

(edit: I wasn't joking about measuring another jks . However, you are leaving much data out so I did,too. A draglink that's flipped will require different lengths that one for OEM position. You still need to search internet but iirc the ext length of my synergy DL was 41-42" on 3" lift not flipped. Stock is likely between 38-39" min . )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 03-28-2019 at 07:39 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-28-2019, 11:07 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJK03 View Post
hey everyone, I need some help. Im working on ordering all of my steering while im in AFG, so I can have it all when I get back, and get it installed. I found a place to get 7076 1.5 or 1.75 solid bar, cut to fit, and drilled/tapped for the ends. However, I am not anywhere near my Jeep to measure the length I need for both drag link, and tie rod. Can someone help me out, and measure their bar lengths? Also, does anyone on here currently, or know for sure if i can run 1.75" diameter tie rod without hitting dif cover at full lock? Thank you in advance
Yes you can use 1.75 but it depends on the ends you use. Fusion 4x4 is 1.75 and uses Rare Parts ends.

2017 JKUR Recon 6spd Firecracker Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode