JKU homemade HiLift mount - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-25-2019, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

JKU homemade HiLift mount

Hello everyone,

I saw a hilift mount from a company (not sure if I'm allowed to mention vendor names) and fell in love with them........but, I'm very cheap, so I figured I'd just save my money and make my own. It's only a blue moon situation where I'll actually use the hiLift so tucked up high and out of the way is fine for me. It also keeps the jack out of the elements.

Whipped these up in an afternoon and I think they turned out great. Jack is in there solid, I've hung my entire weight off them and wiggled around, just a bit of flex in the actual "i" beam of the jack itself!

Again sorry about the small pics, from my other forum.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-25-2019, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

These pictures show the bracket mounting at the top of the angle bar of the roll cage. There is an existing M8(not 100%) bolt on each side at the top that is used to connect the rear part of the stock cage to the backseat area. It is the top bolt shown. Below, aft and angled out of it, there is an unthreaded stanchion that, happily, accepts a 1/2 x 20 tap. I threaded the hole (its the same one that the rear seatbelts attach to) with the hardtop on, with only a little difficulty.

I then had to slice and bend the mating surface of the bracket to get it to fit on the holes properly, after that it was just a few heat-bends and voila, hi-lift mount.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode